Introduction

Desire

I know I said I won't update until THE HEIR is finished, but i had to write something because I felt like it. :D Here you go. This is the beginning. After this the time jumps just a bit so that their age match. XD

 

Desire

Dongwan whistled twice when he saw the small guy next to the tall best friend. The colour on the short guy’s cheeks was pink as he hurriedly strode away with the tall boy and sat down onto a rock that they had on the yard of the school. It was last week in college and students were relishing the summer weather and their friends company. Soon they wouldn’t see the best friends and the sweethearts they had gotten after all these years as the crucial part of the life started.

Minwoo was opening his lunchbox, secretly glancing at the one boy inside. Dongwan was staring back at him and soon their gazing was interrupted by Eric who snapped his fingers in front of Minwoo’s eyes.

“If you love him so much, confess.” The tall boy suggested.

“But…he is so cool and I am nothing.” Minwoo murmured and looked down at his tuna sandwich.

“Hey, Minbongie, he wouldn’t look at you like he would take you to the stars, if he didn’t love you back.” Eric asserted and placed one of the strawberries into his mouth. “I wouldn’t.” he added as soon as he had swallowed it.

Minwoo bit his lower lip and glimpsed the guy once more before he heaved a long sigh, stood up and marched towards the guy he knew from his photographing course. Minwoo at photographing. Or he was excellent at taking selfies, but using camera in a real situation was difficult. Only reason for him to choose that particular course was Kim Dongwan.

“Hi.” Dongwan greeted with a smile when Minwoo stood in front of him, seeming so nervous that everyone could see it. “What is it?”

Minwoo gulped, opened his mouth, every embarrassing noise coming out, and closed it again, blushing strawberry red. Dongwan chuckled handsomely.

“Oh, my. Did a cat get your tongue?” He asked. “I am sorry. Maybe I should make it up somehow…hmm…would you like to go out with me? Let’s say…on Saturday?” He questioned and grinned widely.

Minwoo swallowed once more and then nodded. Dongwan laughed again and pinched the cheek of the slightly older guy and then put his warm palm onto it. Minwoo was feeling extremely mushy as he felt his legs giving in, his eyes fluttering shut and his whole body falling onto Dongwan. Eric gasped shocked and ran from the yard towards his friend and caught him.

“I’m sorry. This happens when Minwoo is nervous,” Eric explained and looked at the body on his shoulder. “Extremely nervous.”

Dongwan nodded understanding and flashed a smile. “Here is my phone number. Give it to him once he wakes up. See you later Eric-sshi, Minwoo-sshi.” He said, tapped Minwoo’s shoulder and walked off the biggest smile on his face.

                ***

Hyesung actually didn’t like working in a café. He wanted to own one someday, but he didn’t like working there. He did meet a lot of people and some of them tipped him because he had looks, but he still didn’t get enough money to actually live with them.

He usually didn’t focus on the customers in particular, except this one group. Two short guys and one tall guy. They visited the café every day. They had the funniest times in the café as their laughter blared around. One of the guys caught Hyesung’s attention. He didn’t admit anything when people were asking him why he stared at the particular one of them, but he always thought he would love to be that guy’s best friend.

“Waiter!” The tall guy exclaimed and Hyesung hurried over to the booth.

“Yes?” Hyesung interrogated pleasantly. “What is it?”

“This is very random,” The tall guy said, his cheeks blushing from shame while the two short guys were laughing. “But…I…what’s your name?”

Hyesung widened his eyes and as soon as the tall guy turned his eyes at him and smiled awkwardly, he cleared his throat and stammered something as an answer.

“Hyesung? That is a very beautiful name.” The guy complemented. “Hyesungie.” He repeated and Hyesung hoped he would stop so his heartbeat could regulate. “See guys? I told you; a pretty guy has a pretty name.”

“We believed you Eric.” The other short man spoke.

Eric? That was a handsome name, Hyesung thought as his lips curved upwards a bit. The other short guy leered at him and asked him to sit down. “So Hyesung…you have someone?” the same guy asked.

Hyesung avoided looking at him as he nodded and replied, “But it’s complicated.”

                ***

“Jin, come!” Andy shouted. “Jin!”

“Just wait a bit, ok?” The slightly older one spoke and leaned against the window. He sighed and lifted his hand onto the glass, looking into the cosy café.

Andy rolled his eyes and strolled towards Junjin. He grabbed the wrist and pulled him frantically away, dragging him far away from the cafeteria window. Junjin whimpered, fighting back, but when Andy wasn’t amused, he couldn’t win. Junjin pouted and walked silently next to his friend when a girl in a short skirt advanced him and looked around. He heard a heavy exhale next to him as he proceeded to the girl and leaned to the wall next to him.

“Are you lost?” Junjin questioned huskily.

Andy lifted his hand onto his forehead.

“Were your parents seashells since you are such a diamond?” Junjin flirted and the girl began to giggle.

Andy glanced at his wristwatch and bit his lip, knowing that he would get late from the showdown. Staring at Shin Hyesung like a stalker, belonged to Andy’s routine now. Junjin always, coincidentally, chose a route that went past the café. Yet Andy always allowed him to stop for a while to stare at the waiter like he was the most marvellous being. But the problem was he wasn’t.

“Jin…I will get late!” Andy yelled. But the friend was already lacing the girl’s hair around his finger while standing way too close to someone he just met. “JIN!” Andy screamed impatiently, pinched Junjin’s ear and pulled him away this instant.

“ANDY!” Junjin whined, but plodded behind him obediently. “I wanted to have her number!”

“Let’s check that napkin you have in your desk drawer and see how many numbers you have from girls like she is.” Andy mumbled annoyed and let the ear go. “For once, can you please come and give me support when I try to get in to, maybe, the coolest cooking schools ever? I need my best friend.” He continued.

Junjin exhaled and nodded, murmuring, “Fine.”

                ***

Destiny brought these six men together; or a game they all played online; or the soju nights at the local bar that happened to be close to all of them. But anyways, years passed and these six lads became the best friends no one else could have. Minwoo and Dongwan were still together, Eric and Hyesung had become the closest friends as they had inside jokes no one else in the group understood, Junjin still had the unconditional, obvious one-sided crush on Hyesung and Andy was the shy guy, who spoke when he had to.

“Guys,” Minwoo sighed. “We found this amazing apartment downtown of Seoul but it’s way too big for just me and Dongwan.” He added. “And so we were thinking that—“

“—we could all live together!” Dongwan blabbered.

“What he said.” Minwoo commented and pointed at Dongwan.

Eric glimpsed at the two youngest guys and then Hyesung, who smiled at him, and shifted his head back at the woodong couple. A grin appeared onto the tedious face as the remaining three nodded eagerly and felt extremely good about the plan.

“Am I the only one who thinks this is a very good idea?” Andy asked.

“Nope.” Junjin answered, pinched the cheek of his friend and glanced at Hyesung whose eyes were only at the tall man between them. “I am also very glad.”

“Me too.” Eric and Hyesung said in unison and flushed.

Dongwan clapped his hands together, grinned and fished out the keys. Minwoo sniggered and leaned in to whisper, “Good. Because we bought it already.”