9

Lock

The room was still and quiet, except for the occasional clangs from the plates. Neither SeungHyun or SoRa spoke. Their only purpose to open their mouths was to take the food in.

SoRa put her chopsticks down. "Thank you for the meal," she muttered. She orderly stood up, brought her plates to the sink, and grabbed her jacket.

"Are you going somewhere?" SeungHyun asked. No response. "Are you going somewhere?" he repeated, louder.

"Just for a walk..." SoRa answered, fixing her jacket in a more comfortable position. She walked out of the door, and the door shut cold behind her.

SeungHyun put his chopsticks down and covered his face with his hands. He let out a deep breath as his inner voice began questioning him.

Choi SeungHyun, why can't you say anything?! Can't you see she wants you to comfort her? Don't you know that she needs you the most now? Shouldn't you be by her side, making her laugh?

"GOD DAMN IT, I KNOW!!!" SeungHyun hollered, banging a fist on the table. It shook, and the glass cup dropped to the floor. The water in it spilled, damping the white carpet.

His phone rang, and he didn't bother looking at the screen. He simply answered it, hoping it was SoRa.

"It's been a long time, SeungHyun-ah," a beautiful voice said over the phone. SeungHyun's muscles softened at her words.

"HyeYoon..." he called, a tear escaping from his eye.

 

SoRa gently swayed back and forth, keeping a foot on the ground. The old metal chains screeched every time it moved. The park was quiet, just like her apartment. People passed by occasionally, but no one entered the abandoned park.

"Noona?" a familiar voice called from the entrance.

SoRa looked up and found DaeSung jogging towards her. Her expression drowned when she noticed that it was not SeungHyun, but quickly put on a smile. "Hey," she greeted.

"Hey, what's up?" DaeSung replied, sitting down in the swing next to her's. "Rough day?" he asked as he looked into SoRa's face.

"Yeah, I guess," SoRa answered, sighing. "You?"

"I was actually on my way to your apartment," he answered. SoRa rounded her eyes curiously. "I was going to ask SeungHyun hyung to do me a favor.... But it can wait," he said.

"You sure? He's probably at the apartment, though," SoRa offered.

DaeSung waved his hand in front of his face. "Nah, forget it. I'd rather spend time with you than to try to convince him into doing something," he said. They both laughed.

"So... Why were you here? I mean, if SeungHyun hyung's at home, then..." he asked.

"Huh? Oh, um... I just wanted some fresh air," she answered, smiling. DaeSung squinted his eyes suspiciously.

"Are you sure~? Something smells fishy here," he said. SoRa chuckled.

"Did you have fish cake for lunch?" she joked.

"How did you know?!" DaeSung joined, smelling his shirt. "You're good, noona," he said. They laughed.

 

"Oh, hey, I gotta go," HyeYoon said.

"Wait, already? It's only been few minutes," SeungHyun complained. HyeYoon chuckled.

"I've got work," she told him.

"Fine then," SeungHyun said, making her chuckle again.

After a moment of silence, SeungHyun asked, "When can I see you?"

HyeYoon sighed. "I don't know, I'm sorry." She could just picture SeungHyun's disappointed face on the other end of the line. "SeungHyun-ah, listen to your parents well, ok? And take care of yourself."

"I'm not a kid anymore. I know what to do and what not to do," SeungHyun told her.

"Alright then," she sighed. "Well, see you."

"Wait, HyeYoon, don't go! HyeYoon!" SeungHyun desperately called, but only  the miserable tone of the finished call answered. His arm dropped to his side powerlessly.

The apartment felt so empty. Standing in it alone, it was more lonely.

He wanted someone next to him. Someone that could comfort him.

"SoRa...." he softly called. He looked at the clock on the wall and frowned. "Does a walk take this long?" he questioned, grabbing his jacket and keys. He dashed out of the house.

He wanted to see her. He wanted to see that warm, childish smile that she showed. He wanted to hear her cheerful laugh that erased every bit of worry from his heart. He wanted to feel her soft hair that never seemed to tangle and always smelled so relaxing.

 

"I think I'll go home now," SoRa said, standing up.

"Do you want me to walk you with you?" DaeSung offered. SoRa shook her head sideways.

"No, it's fine, thanks," she replied. "And thanks today. You're really good at cheering people up, you know that?"

"Of course!! Anytime!!" DaeSung exclaimed with a wide grin. SoRa smiled.

"See you," she said, and turned around to leave.

"See you~" DaeSung replied, waving to the back that will never turn around for him.

 

SoRa kept walking, alone. She peeked at the showcase windows on either sides of the path.

There were many people and some were crowded around a performer, while some were walking merrily with their friends or love ones.

SoRa smiled at the sight. "SeungHyun oppa would hate this place for sure," she chuckled to herself.

She didn't notice the crying of her phone, incoming from the very own SeungHyun.

 


 

Hey~~~

OMG I AM SO SORRY I DIDN'T UPDATE FOREVER TT^TT

 

*Spoiler Alert* Next chapter's going to be pretty.... sad...

 

Please feel free to leave a comment, and I will reply~~ ^^