38

Lock

SoRa happily walked into the living room with a a tray full of small flowers and plants. Hearing her hum, SeungHyun chuckled. 

"I guess something good happened at the door?" he said, turning his head to where the humming was coming from. It was right in front of him now.

"Yup!!" SoRa chirped, setting the tray on the coffee table. "I just got the flowers we ordered last time. There's yellow ones, pink ones, orange ones... Oh! The red one looks much better than the pictures online!" 

"That's great!" SeungHyun replied, leaning in from the couch. He reached his hand out, and SoRa guided it toward a leaf of the red flower. SeungHyun traced the leaf with his fingers, memorizing the shape and texture. Seeing that, SoRa quickly went into the bedroom and got out two hats. "So are we going to plant them?" he asked, his head searching for SoRa.

"Yup!" SoRa answered, skipping back to where SeungHyun sat. She carefully placed the hat on his head, securing it below the chin, then did the same for herself. "Let's go out to the front yard and plant them!"

After insisting that he will carry the tray, SeungHyun proudly held the tray with his big hands as SoRa safely led him out the back door and into the back yard. SeungHyun suggested not wearing shoes since the lawn was very neatly cleaned, and SoRa agreed, both of them laughing as the grass tickled the backs of their feet. They finally reached the spot on the lawn where there was gardening space, nearer to the fence than the to house. SeungHyun slowly and cautiously set the tray of plants down on the grass, and SoRa hurried back inside the house to grab some shovels. She came back outside, finding SeungHyun caressing flower petals. 

"That flower's going to grow a lot thanks to you giving it so much love," SoRa chuckled as she crouched down next to SeungHyun. He scoffed.

"It's not the amount of love it receives that makes it grow," he said, still caressing the petal. SoRa removed his hand from it and placed a shovel in his hand instead. He pouted for a second, then smiled.

"Yes it is," SoRa answered, beginning to dig into the ground. She aided SeungHyun to do the same, never forgetting to check on his progress every minute. "Plants can grow with just water and sunlight, but they don't grow as much without the love we give it." She took a flower pot out of the tray and took the content out, setting it into the ground. "Just like us humans."

SeungHyun's hands stopped, thinking over what SoRa just said, then smiled to himself. Then he reached his hand in the direction of SoRa to ask for a flower to plant. She immediately understood, and gave him what he wanted. She guided his hands to plant it in the ground, then helped him put the dirt back on around it. As they patted the dirt, SeungHyun chuckled. 

"It feels like we're building a sand castle or something," he said, a childish grin forming on his face. SoRa agreed, laughing, giving it the last pat. 

"We should go to the beach, oppa!" she suddenly exclaimed. "And then we can build a real sand castle! Oh, and we can walk along the beach, maybe put our feet into the water. And then maybe we..." SoRa stopped, her expression falling. Maybe we can swim... Or not, she finished in her mind. her hands slowly closed, clenching harder at every second. 

Sensing something was wrong, SeungHyun let out a chuckle. "Maybe we can bring JiYong along too, and try breaking watermelons like we used to when we were in middle school." Every word relaxed SoRa, her hands opening again, but now her lips pursed together. She shook away the unfavorable thoughts and brought on a smile.

"Yeah! How about we bring everyone then? You know, YoungBae and DaeSung and SeungHyun sshi, and SeoNam sshi if he is willing to tag along." Despite her effort to keep up a cheerful tone, her voice failed her, obviously quivering. Not only that, her eyes betrayed her as they released drops of salty water. "It's going to be so fun, right?"

SeungHyun opened his arms -a sign of giving a hug- and SoRa let slim figure fall into his embrace, head leaning against his still nicely built chest. He hugged her, tight, his chin resting on the top of her head. 

"It's going to be fun for sure," he told her softly. "We'll invite everyone, and we'll go together. Let's go to the beach, SoRa. Let's build a sand castle."

 



Hey~

Yay flowers *____* Finally some alone time with the two of them -__- 
For some reason, "Do You Wanna Build a Snowman" was playing in my head when I was writing the last part of the chapter OTL

​Please feel free to leave a comment, and I will reply~^^