24

Lock

"Here you go," SoRa said, placing the cool drink in front of DaeSung.

"Thank you, noona!" he thanked cheerfully as he took it in his hand. He took a sip and his expression brightened up. "Noona, is this the one that you brought to our store once?" he asked. SeungHyun repeated the question into the mic, so that SoRa could understand it.

"Yeah, you seemed to like it a lot, so I bought it again," SoRa answered with a smile. She handed a cup to SeungHyun and watched as he carefully drank out of it. "So, what brings you here today?" SoRa asked after making sure SeungHyun put the cup back on the table.

"I missed you guys too much," DaeSung pouted. SeungHyun made a disgusted face and did not bother to repeat what his dongsaeng just said. DaeSung urged SeungHyun to tell SoRa what he said, but SeungHyun did not budge. SoRa laughed, watching their interaction.

"I have to start making dinner," SoRa said as she stood up. She left for the kitchen, and the two guys were left in the living room.

The atmosphere that was bright right until then turned serious. Although SeungHyun could not see DaeSung's face, he knew it was not a happy one.

"Hyung, I seriously missed you," DaeSung broke the silence. "I was worried, too."

"Thanks," SeungHyun bluntly replied, not knowing what to say.

"We have less customers now thanks to you being absent," DaeSung said in a joking yet bitter way. SeungHyun chuckled along, understanding what he meant by it.

A silence followed after that, the two men wondering about what to say next. They had so much to say to one another, but they did not know where to start and how to start. They also knew what the other wanted to say; they were just not really ready for it. DaeSung kept tapping the sides of his cup quietly, and SeungHyun kept his hands in fists.

"DaeSung ah," SeungHyun finally said. DaeSung's fingers stopped. "I... I'm going to quit."

DaeSung took a short inhale. "Yeah," he replied.

"I'm sorry," SeungHyun quietly apologized.

"It's fine. It's probably for the better," DaeSung replied in a cheerful tone.

SoRa, who had been seeing everything that SeungHyun said, kept preparing dinner without stopping. Tears dropped from her eyes, but she did not want the two of them to see her crying. She cried in silence alone in the kitchen.

"Oh well, I have to get going now," DaeSung announced, standing up. "Noona, make sure to have that juice again when I come next time. Please," he said. SeungHyun repeated his words, and SoRa's device presented what DaeSung said.

SoRa wiped her tears and turned around to her friend. "Of course," she replied with a smile. DaeSung smiled back, then waved. SoRa waved back.

"Hyung, gotta watch out. You never know what I might be doing to noona," DaeSung joked once more before leaving. SeungHyun chuckled as he shook his head in amusement.

When the door was closed behind DaeSung, a heavy silence filled the apartment. SeungHyun reached out for his cup and drank out of it, careful not to spill anything. SoRa watched him closely, her heart aching in pain.

SoRa stepped out of the kitchen and walked over to SeungHyun. She stopped in front of him.

"SoRa, I'm unemployed now," SeungHyun tried to say in a joking manner. SoRa did not bother reading what appeared on her device.

She reached her hand towards his cheek. The warmth and softness of her hand relaxed SeungHyun. He held it, keeping it in place. Nothing was more comforting than feeling his girlfriend so close to him. Her hand told him that everything was okay, that there was nothing to worry about, that they will overcome it together.

"It's okay. Oppa, it's okay," SoRa spoke, assuring her boyfriend.

SeungHyun leaned his face against her hand, letting his emotions overtake him. He shed tears as his girlfriend wiped them away with her fragile fingers.

 


Hey~~~~~~~~

I was thinking of not putting in conversations as much because of SoRa's disability, but that was hard.... ._.
DaeSung though..... My feels TT_TT

 

Please feel free to comment, and I will reply^^