35

Lock

SoRa couldn't reply immediately after HyeYoon's introduction, so she began her's with an apology. "Oh, um I'm sorry, I'm Yoon SoRa. It's a pleasure to meet you." HyeYoon chuckled softly at her humbleness. "And I apologize for not being able to reply quickly. As you probably already know, I can't hear so..."

"Not at all," HyeYoon replied, smiling. "I'm glad you're even willing to speak with me. To be very honest, I was worried you wouldn't want me here and you wouldn't talk with me." She chuckled and slightly scratched the back of her head with her slender finger in embarrassment. After finding out what she had just said, SoRa quickly shook her head sideways.

"Not at all," SoRa said, waving her hands as well. That made HyeYoon smile even more. "I've heard a lot about you from SeungHyun oppa, and I actually wanted to meet you but never got the chance... I was afraid you wouldn't talk to me, to be honest as well." SoRa looked down and fidgeted her fingers, and only brought her eyes up to see HyeYoon's reaction. 

SoRa lost her breath. The expression on HyeYoon's face was the exact same as SeungHyun's when he was listening to SoRa's stories and how she made a mistake. That loving expression that warmly embraced everything she had to say. SeungHyun always made that face while he rested his chin on one hand, his eyes smiling eyes fixed on SoRa, his lips curved up at the ends. Now he couldn't make the exact same expression as he didn't open his eyes and SoRa had told herself numerous times that it was gone and was only in her memories. But right now, she found those eyes again, those eyes she missed so much, she found them, in his older sister.

"You're really cute, do you know that?" HyeYoon said, still grinning. She was completely relaxed now, thanks to SoRa who welcomed her and spoke truthfully. JiYong chuckled and nodded in agreement. 

"Th-Thank you," SoRa replied, blushing a little. She then thought for a moment, and decided to say it. "You're very similar to SeungHyun oppa." She expected HyeYoon to at least make a face at the comment, but her reaction was the exact opposite. HyeYoon laughed without even hesitating. 

"Am I that handsome?" HyeYoon joked, tracing her beautiful jaw line with her fingers. SoRa blinked, confused for a second, then nodded. HyeYoon laughed again. "Thank you, SoRa sshi."

"Are you done flirting with my girlfriend yet?" SeungHyun suddenly spoke. 

"Oh, don't be jealous," HyeYoon replied. "SoRa sshi is too cute I think I fell for her."

"SeungHyun, your sis is sticking her tongue out at you," JiYong told, chuckling. SoRa chuckled along.

"She's already taken, sorry," SeungHyun said, bringing his arm around SoRa's shoulder. He didn't need to see to do this; he had memorized the feeling. He knew exactly how far away SoRa sat from him, her height when she sat down, and how wide her narrow shoulders were. After losing his sight, SoRa always kept the same distance between the two of them when they sat down so that he would not have to search for her every time. At first SoRa had to help guide his arm around her own shoulders, but as they repeated the process, he memorized the distances to the point that he could do it himself without a mistake. 

Seeing how natural the gesture was, HyeYoon understood why the two young people stayed by each other's side. There was an invincible bond between them that could not exist in anyone else. It was impossible to explain what it was exactly, but the two of them had a special something that no one else had. One of them had something that the other lacked, and they each filled in the lacking parts. They both knew precisely what the other one needed without a single word. And HyeYoon knew JiYong understood this too, and that was why he decided to stay by their side even if it stung his heart at times. 

"Jeesh, fine," HyeYoon replied, pouting. "Fine, then I'll just have her as my little sister. Is that fine with you, SoRa sshi?" she turned to SoRa, who shyly but happily nodded. "Yes! Then you can call me unnie, and I'll call you SoRa, okay?" HyeYoon grinned, her face still beautiful, and slightly tilted her head to ask SoRa for approval. 

"Unnie...?" SoRa mumbled, very unfamiliar with the word. It was the first time anyone had offered to let her call them "unnie" this quickly after their first meeting. HyeYoon nodded and smiled with expectation. "HyeYoon... unnie," SoRa called, making everyone around the table melt in awe. 

After a few more minutes of joking around, SeungHyun decided it was time. "All jokes aside, what brought you here?"

"That," HyeYoon answered, straightening up. "I have some messages to relay from the family." 

The spacious living room fell silent, making the optimism from just a few seconds ago seem like a dream.

 



Hey~

Choi HyeYoon is actually really pretty ///>__// Is there like a way to get into the pool of good genes? Lol 

I had a lot of fun writing this chapter, and it would've been great if it actually updated when I wanted it to -____- Something's wrong with my computer .__.

Please feel free to leave a comment, and I will reply~^^