4

Lock

"Please come again!" DaeSung cheerfully said. He then greeted the next customer in line, and began scanning their items. He talked with her while he quickly placed the items into the plastic bag. Taking her money and handing her the bag, he smiled brightly at her. "Don't forget to come again, miss!" he said happily as she left the store.

He sighed, resting his palms on the register counter. Just as he began tapping it with his fingers, SeungHyun came in to the store from the staff room with a big box. "Hyung, do you need help?" DaeSung offered. SeungHyun shook his head sideways, and he almost lost balance.

"It's fine, I got it," SeungHyun assured, then began walking towards the guitar corner. As he carefully placed the box down and opened it, the female customers watched in awe. It was rare to see SeungHyun in the store, and whenever he appeared, the number of customers increased. Some people came just to take a glance of him. Although DaeSung was also popular, his popularity was not close to SeungHyun's.

DaeSung also watched SeungHyun place the guitar books onto the right shelves, along with the rest of the customers. No one came to the register when SeungHyun was in the store. It was as if everyone's time had stopped while they observed the god-like figure of the tall, handsome young man. Not to mention his cool character on top of all that. Some of his fangirls called him the "Black Knight," for they dreamed of him being a very dark knight that would protect his princess. DaeSung had to laugh at that. If you had seen him with SoRa, everyone in the world would call him the "Pink Chihuahua," or something.

A girl stepped up to SeungHyun very shyly, and slightly tapped him on the shoulder. He didn't respond. "Um... Excuse me...." the girl spoke softly. He still didn't give any response, but the girl kept talking. "Do you.... happen to have a reed for my instrument in this store?" she asked, hoping to get an answer this time.

Instead, SeungHyun simply pointed at DaeSung, implying for her to ask him. The girl looked over at DaeSung, who was waving his hands in a welcoming way. She sighed in disappointment before finally going to DaeSung.

 

"Hyung, you have to be more polite to the customers," DaeSung scolded. SeungHyun laughed it off, and went back to his phone. "HYUNG!!!!!!!!!" DaeSung yelled. SeungHyun nearly jumped from the sudden change in voice, earning a laugh from DaeSung.

"Chill, DaeSung. First of all, I'm supposed to be working 'alone' in the staff room fixing instruments and stuff, not flirting with the customers. And you know how terrible I am with people I don't know," SeungHyun pointed out. DaeSung couldn't say anything because they were all true. The owner of the store put SeungHyun in the staff room after his first hour of work. He was that terrible with interacting with people he didn't know. DaeSung had taken his place at the register counter due to his extremely friendly character and sense of humor. He remembered the first time they met; It was painfully awkward.

"But hyung," DaeSung said. "What if we lost customers because they didn't like the way you acted?"

"That won't happen. I barely show up in the store, and it's pretty obvious the numbers increase when I'm here, aren't I right, dongsaeng??" SeungHyun asked back, lifting his head from his phone with a smirk. DaeSung shook his head in amusement and SeungHyun laughed. "Oh? It's time to close the shop," SeungHyun announced, looking at his watch.

He took a step back, and DaeSung followed suit. They both pulled one arm back, their hands forming a fist. "Ready?" DaeSung asked. SeungHyun nodded. "Alright...." DaeSung said, and exhaled.

"ROCK PAPER SCISSORS SHOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" SeungHyun put out a "rock" and DaeSung put out a "paper."

DaeSung dropped to his knees, while SeungHyun put his fist up in the air. "How can this happen?! This is my third loss in a row!!!" DaeSung questioned in disbelief. SeungHyun gave off a laugh.

"Well, I guess I'll be going, then," SeungHyun cheerfully said, waving his phone in front of DaeSung's face. "Stay strong, my dongsaeng," he said, tapping the younger one's shoulder. DaeSung gave a weak nod, and SeungHyun began walking towards the door.

He turned back before opening the door, and smirked. "Lock up safely, and be careful going home, alone," SeungHyun teased, and quickly flew out the door.

Left in the store alone, DaeSung let out a shriek. "ARGH!!!!! I. NEED. A. GIRLFRIEND!!!!!! Someone like SoRa noona....."

He stood up and walked towards the door to lock it. "Stay strong, DaeSung. It's OK to not have a girlfriend. Maybe it's too early, you know," he told himself. When he reached the counter, he noticed a familiar metal keychain that was left behind. "SeungHyun hyung must have forgotten this..." he said, picking it up. He admired the small piece of artwork, and finally figured out that it was shaped like a guitar.

He turned it around, and tried to read the carved words on the back. It was hard, because it had been scratched multiple times. 

To my beloved  b  o     e   , From HyeYoon

 


 

Hey hey hey~~~~~

DaeSung and T.O.P..... it's such an awkward pair.... but I love it -w-

 

Thank you for the subscribers and whoever is reading this story!^^

Please feel free to leave a comment, and I will reply~