1

Lock

The smell of bitter coffee and SoRa's sweet hum traveled through the small apartment, making its ways into the bedroom.

SeungHyun groaned as he the bed. As he inhaled, his eyes fluttered open.

Lazily but lightly, he walked out of the room and into the living room.

"Morning," he greeted.

"Ah! Good morning!" SoRa greeted back cheerfully, looking up from the eggs on the frying pan.

She carefully transferred the eggs onto the white plates, cautious not to break them. SeungHyun took his seat at the dining table as he watched her prepare their breakfast. He rested his chin on his palm.

He absolutely loved the sight. The way SoRa swiftly moved around in the small kitchen, the way her hair swayed from side to side, the way her eyes were fixed and focused on the food before her, the way her lips zipped in a straight line, and everything else. Just everything about her was loving.

"Oppa, can you pour the drinks?" SoRa asked.

"Sure," SeungHyun answered. He was a bit upset that he couldn't get to gaze at her longer, but he was still happy that he was called for. "But are you okay with the time? You're not going to be late again, are you?" he asked teasingly.

"Time?" SoRa asked back as she set the plates on the table. She looked up at the clock on the wall and her jaws dropped. "OMO IT'S ALREADY 7:30?! OPPA, I HAVE TO GO!!!" she freaked out.

SeungHyun chuckled. "Yes, you do," he replied. "Need a ride?" he offered.

SoRa shook her head whilst checking her bag. "It's fine. You stay and eat," she said.

SoRa quickly grabbed all her necessary things, along with a toast of bread, and hurried to the door. SeungHyun followed her with a fatherly smile on his face.

"Aren't you forgetting something?" SeungHyun asked, handing her two hearing aids. SoRa's face lightened up.

"I knew I was forgetting something!" she said. She put the hearing aids in her ears, and gave a big smile to SeungHyun. "Thanks oppa! I'll be going now!"

SeungHyun leaned in to give a peck on her lips. "Be careful on the way, OK?" He ruffled her hair.

SoRa nodded happily and put her shoes on. "Don't be late for work, oppa!!" she said before dashing out the door. SeungHyun chuckled and shook his head sideways in amusement.

"Right, work," he reminded himself, then got back to the living room to eat.

 

The lock clicked and SeungHyun took the keys out. He hummed a familiar tune as he walked down the hallway. As he made his way down to his car, he kept smiling. He was usually in this good mood in the morning, especially after sending SoRa off. It was almost unbelievable how SeungHyun's mood turned upside down just by a glance at his girlfriend.

They began their relationship 3 years ago, and they moved in together the following year. SeungHyun's parents had opposed their relationship from the very beginning, but SeungHyun ignored all of their nags. He neither cared about the fact that she was an orphan, nor the fact that she had a slight disability with her ears. None of that mattered. It's not like it caused a problem between them.

Although, to be completely honest, he was taken back when SoRa had told him that she had a disability. However, when he was notified that it was only a minor hearing problem, he sighed in relief. He had expected something much more... major. And, all she had to do was wear the hearing aids. She could still hear without them, just not clearly.

SeungHyun started the car and turned the radio on. G-Dragon's "Crayon" was played as the "Listener's Choice" corner.

It was hard, at times. Not because she couldn't hear him properly, he didn't mind raising his voice a little. But it was because of the other people, the people in the society who couldn't understand her hardships. They made fun of her for wearing hearing aids at the young age of 23, and some even had the nerve to joke about orphans.

"Get your crayon, people," SeungHyun mumbled and turned the volume up.

 

SoRa quietly walked down the busy, noisy hallway. Everyone else's time seemed to pass twice as fast as SoRa's, as they shuffled to their classes. She tried to follow suit once, but ended up being pushed around until she was finally forced into an unknown classroom. Thinking of it now, she was glad that happened, because that's where she met SeungHyun.

He sat in a chair, with a guitar in his hands. He skillfully moved his slender fingers across the instrument. The guitar sounded as good as new when he turned the last peg. He smiled proudly, and it was breathtaking. SoRa was puled into her own little world, when SeungHyun finally noticed her and his smile disappeared immediately.

"Don't stalk me," was the first thing he had said to her.

SoRa chuckled slightly, recalling their awkward first meeting. He was so cold back then. He was still mean now, but it appeared that he has gotten a bit softer in a sense. He used to glare at people who came up to him, ignored them, and he didn't take note of some people. But after he met SoRa, he smiled more often and actually tried to talk with people who came up to him, even if he didn't know them.

"I think you put a magic spell on me. Or maybe it's a curse," he had once joked.

Suddenly, someone bumped into her, pulling her back to reality. They both apologized. As they squatted down to pick each other's belongings, SoRa's hearing aids fell out of her ears. The other gasped when they hit the floor.

That person quickly grabbed all his belongings and stood up. His expression had changed into a fearful one, as if he was presented to a monster. "Can you even see?!" he spat before he dashed away.

Still squatting in the same place, SoRa sighed. Although she was used to people being unkind to her, it still hurt. Especially at times like this. She picked up her belongings, including her hearing aids. She applied them, and she stood up.

It's okay, she told herself. Not everyone is like that. There are nice people like SeungHyun oppa.

And with the thought of SeungHyun, a smile appeared on her face. She picked up speed until she finally made her way to class.

 

"Hyung!!! You're less than 2 hours late!" DaeSung exclaimed as SeungHyun entered the shop.

"Yeah yeah, shut up," SeungHyun replied. He went over to his dongsaeng behind the counter. "Whatcha up to?" he asked, looking at the clarinet in DaeSung's hands.

"Oh, just fixing it. A nice morning with SoRa noona?" DaeSung asked back, and SeungHyun nodded proudly. DaeSung shook his head in amusement and went back to fixing the clarinet. "Hyung, you're whipped."

"No I'm not," SeungHyun snapped back. He went to the boxes in the corner and began opening them. "You just don't understand because you don't have a girlfriend."

"That may be true, but you are the most whipped person I have ever seen. I should record you and show it to you so that you will understand," DaeSung said. SeungHyun chuckled. "But I need a girlfriend~~~" DaeSung hummed.

"Yeah, you do," SeungHyun replied. "For beginners, do you like anyone?" he offered. DaeSung thought for a moment, then looked at his hyung with a sly smile. "SoRa noona!"

SeungHyun looked at DaeSung with a frown. "Get lost," he said and went back to unpacking the boxes. DaeSung let out a laugh.

Then, SeungHyun's phone rang. "Hello?" he answered.

"Hello? Is this... Choi SeungHyun sshi?" a man asked on the other line. "Yes," SeungHyun answered.

"Well this is Yoon SoRa's professor. Is it possible for you to come over? We have an issue," he said.

SeungHyun's expression tightened. It has only been an hour since SoRa arrived at school. "I'll be there in 10 minutes," he quickly said before hanging up.

"Hyung?! Where are you going?!" DaeSung questioned as SeungHyun shot out the store.

"Be back in a few!" SeungHyun shouted back, slamming the car door shut.

He stepped on the accelerator as soon as the engine began roaring. "What did a jerk do to her this time..." he hissed under his breath.

 

 

 


A/N: Hey~~~ so the first chapter... I hope it wasn't too boring... Sorry for the terrible poster by the way ._.
Hwaiting!!!