27

Lock

"Moving?" SeungHyun asked in surprise. SoRa, having read what SeungHyun said also raised an eyebrow in curiosity.

"Yes. If you move into this house, it'll make your lives so much easier. You don't have to go up elevators or climb up the stairs, or go through narrow hallways to get to your house," YoungBae explained.

"It also has a mall nearby so getting stuff won't be so difficult," DaeSung backed up.

"And you said that this is paid for by the government?" SeungHyun questioned.

"Yeah. The fee for the moving, transportation, income, everything, really," JiYong answered. "If you need any kind of transportation, you could just ask us too."

"Noona, these are the papers that explain everything. It has pictures of houses that you two can move into too," SeungHyun offered, sliding a folder to SoRa, who took out a packet and started looking through it very carefully.

After a few minutes of silence, SoRa put down the packet, exhaling. When SeungHyun heard the sigh, he knew his girlfriend was in deep thought, or conflicting on the inside. JiYong also recognized SoRa's troubled expression, which was never successfully hidden. The two men always looked over the expression, as they knew she would not be able to hold it in for long. This time, however, they were not sure if she would tell. The only thing they were sure of was that she was not going to open up as she used to, given the situation of her boyfriend.

"You don't need to decide right here and now. Take your time and think it over. It's not an easy decision," JiYong said with a tender voice, hoping to ease SoRa's heart. SeungHyun repeated his words, relaying the message to SoRa.

As she read the text, a loose smile appeared on SoRa's face. "Thanks, JiYong ah," she replied sincerely.

"Oh, it's getting dark. I think it's better for you two get going now," SeoNam informed, peeking out the window.

"We'll talk this over at home and let you know our answer by the end of this month," SeungHyun said, standing up. SoRa supported him, wrapping her arm around his. She did not need to read what he had said; all she needed to know was that they were leaving, and she need to support him.

"I'll take you guys home," JiYong offered, walking out of the store and leading the way to his car.

 

SeoNam began putting tables and chairs back to where they were, after sending off YoungBae and DaeSung. SeungHyun stayed behind, helping SeoNam tidy the place. There was an awkward silence, as neither of them spoke, but both of them had a feeling of anxiousness as if they were expecting something terrible to happen.

"Um," they said at the same time. Their eyes met for the first time, and another short silence followed. One's eyes seemed to be stocked with questions, while the other's were full of answers that would be hard to pull out, yet pleading to be told.

"You can go first, SeungHyun sshi," SeoNam offered.

SeungHyun nodded, but could not find the right words to initiate the conversation.

"What would you like to know about me?" SeoNam suggested.

SeungHyun widened his eyes in amusement, not expecting those words. He quickly cleared his throat and straightened his back, exhaling deeply.

"I will try not to be rude, but I will ask directly," SeungHyun began. SeoNam nodded, covering his nervousness with a patient smile.

"Are you Yoon SoRa noona's father, Yoon SeoNam sshi?"

 

JiYong loosened his grip on the handle as the car stopped at a red light. He peeked through the back mirror to check on SoRa, whose head was turned to the window in deep thought. He then turned to his friend, who was aimlessly rubbing his finger on the guitar keychain on his phone.

"Is that the one HyeYoon gave you for your-" JiYong stopped, realizing what he has just mentioned.

"Yeah," SeungHyun replied after a few seconds. His gaze seemed to be fixed at the small guitar.

"Do you still contact her?" JiYong asked, carefully. SeungHyun smiled a bit.

"She contacts me," he answered.

SeungHyun turned the guitar around, and his thumb skated over the letters printed on the back. His thumb slowed its pace on a bumpy surface, where a word was scratched repeatedly.

"Now a days, I really want to go back to the past and do things over, especially with HyeYoon," SeungHyun said, his voice deeper than usual. "She was probably the only one that cared about me."

With a deep sigh, SeungHyun turned his head to the side as well in the direction of the window, although his purpose was not to look at the view outside.

JiYong also turned his focus back on the road, not forgetting to check on SoRa through the back mirror. Her eyes were still fixed outside the window, not the texts that have appeared on her device.

 


Hey~~~

I'm sorry, I updated it yesterday, but it seems like there was a problem with my internet... So it ended up coming up now ._.
The chapter turned out to be long... And I think the next few chapters will be long as well, but more fun, right ;)

Please feel free to leave a comment, and I will reply~^^