5

Lock

"SoRa?" YoungBae called from behind. SoRa turned around to face him and saw his worried face. "Did anything happen yesterday? You didn't pick up your phone, even when SeungHyun sshi called," he said. SoRa tilted his head in confusion. SeungHyun was with her the whole day... "Oh, I mean Junior," YoungBae clarified.

"Oh, that SeungHyun sshi!" SoRa chuckled, and her expression tensed. "Nothing was wrong. I was just home with a friend.... Why did SeungHyun sshi call me that many times?" she asked.

They heard footsteps echoing through the hallways, and they looked at each other. It was already over the work hours so there were no one in the building except for the janitor, SoRa, and the security, YoungBae. He had just locked up all the rooms from the first floor to this 8th floor. SeungHyun usually waited in front of the building.

The footsteps grew louder, indicating that it was coming close to them. YoungBae moved in front of SoRa as the owner of the sound turned the corner.

A young man appeared, and the two of them relaxed. It was none other than the son of the president of this building, Lee SeungHyun. He wore his grey suits and had a big grin on his face. YoungBae and SoRa bowed as SeungHyun neared them.

"Thank you for your hard work, SoRa noona and YoungBae hyung," he greeted. They nodded in return. He turned his attention to SoRa. "About yesterday..."

"I'm sorry," SoRa apologized, bowing. Surprised, the two men looked at each other, then back to SoRa. "I couldn't hear the phone ringing. I know you called repeatedly, but I couldn't notice any of them.... I'm very sorry," she apologized.

SeungHyun placed his hand gently on her narrow shoulder. "Don't apologize, noona. Please lift your head up," he spoke softly and SoRa obeyed. "There's nothing you should be sorry for," he assured with a smile.

His smile was very warm and welcoming. It always gave comfort to SoRa and YoungBae, who usually only received nasty, judging looks. As the son of the president, SeungHyun appeared in the building once in a while, and he never forgot to talk with the two of them. Even at his young age of 21, he knew who and how to respect. SeungHyun always kept an eye out for troubles, and reported to his father if there were any. YoungBae and SoRa were saved by him numerous times.

SeungHyun was closest to the two of them due to their close ages. They even made a joke about SeungHyun's name, and how it was the same as SoRa's boyfriend's name. Since it was confusing at times to call his name, they decided to call Lee SeungHyun "Junior," and Choi SeungHyun "Senior" whenever both of them appeared in a situation.

"Then why did you call so many times?" SoRa asked curiously. YoungBae nodded, also wanting to know the reason. He was asked to call SoRa, but had not heard a clear reason. SeungHyun only told him that it was something important.

"Actually..." SeungHyun began, his expression becoming serious. "I heard that noona was being bothered by the employees... And since this is not the first time, I thought there might be something going on," he explained. YoungBae glanced over at SoRa, and found her expression had darkened. "I want to know if there is anything wrong," SeungHyun concluded.

SoRa slightly nodded, and looked at YoungBae. He sighed and gave an encouraging smile. It was the smile that told her that everything was going to be okay.

"Actually, SeungHyun sshi," SoRa said, turning her head towards him. "The employees point out my flaws, and I think that's what looked like them bothering me. They are not bothering me, so please don't worry," she assured. SeungHyun nodded slowly, processing her words in his head. YoungBae patted her shoulder.

A guitar tune rang from SoRa's pocket, and everyone nearly jumped in surprise. SoRa apologized and took out her phone to turn it off, but SeungHyun shook his head sideways.

"Pick it up, noona. I'm done anyway," he said. "Plus, it's from your boyfriend, right?" he asked teasingly. SoRa nodded.

"You can't miss Senior's call like Junior's," YoungBae joked. The guys laughed, and SoRa chuckled along. She then excused herself to the end of the hallway and finally answered the call.

YoungBae and SeungHyun watched her happily talk to the phone, and a smile naturally appeared on their faces. But SeungHyun slightly frowned shortly after. He turned to YoungBae with a serious face.

"YoungBae hyung," he called. YoungBae turned to him, and his smile disappeared as well. "Is it just me that feel like noona is lying about nothing is wrong, or is she just really good at hiding it that you don't know as well?" he questioned.

YoungBae was taken back at the younger one's sharpness, but snapped out immediately. "Both of your questions imply that SoRa is lying," he pointed out. SeungHyun nodded.

"Maybe we need to talk about this privately?" SeungHyun suggested, and YoungBae nodded in agreement.

The two of them turned their focus back to SoRa, who was ending the call. She began walking back to them, and the two men couldn't find a single reason as to why someone would ever want to hurt this precious, beautiful lady.

 


 

Hey~~~~

So school's starting tomorrow -_________-    I think I will be updating every Sunday^^ I don't want to rush through this story....

Thank you for subscribing!! ^^ And thank you for reading this^^

 

Please feel free to comment, and I will reply~~