30

Lock

"SoRa, did you want this, or not?" JiYong asked, carrying an old notebook in his hand. Realizing that SoRa wasn't facing his direction, he tapped her shoulder and she turned around. He slightly held the notebook up, asking what to do with it.

"That..." SoRa looked around the room, searching for something. When she spotted a box near the shelf in the living room, she turned back around to JiYong. "I'll take that," she said. JiYong handed it over and watched until she safely placed it inside of a box. He then went back into the bedroom, avoiding YoungBae as he transported a big picture frame through the hallway.

It was hectic in the apartment with 6 people moving in and out of rooms, and shuffling objects. SoRa and SeungHyun had finally decided to move, and immediately everybody came to help. Because the couple could not participate in much of the process of moving things, they labeled almost everything in the house indicating what to do with it. SoRa also wrote on the boxes, making it easier to distinguish what goes into which box and to locate everything later. Thanks to that, the helpers were able to proceed the job rather quickly.

In the mean time, SeungHyun sat out in the balcony, enjoying the warm breeze and the sun. Every once in a while, JiYong stopped by to tease how he looked like an old man, watching his children do everything for him. Other times, SoRa was outside with him, reporting the progress made in the house, or laughing about the accidents that occurred. SeungHyun would laugh along, comforted that he was not excluded.

"Let's take a break, everyone," SoRa called, peeking her head out from the kitchen.

The 4 helpers sighed from relief, racing towards the living room. JiYong went to help SeungHyun step inside, and the both of them sat down in the place where there once used to a couch. SoRa stepped prepared cold drinks for everyone in paper cups, and DaeSung and YoungBae went to help SoRa carry the drinks.

When everyone was seated with a cup in their hand, SeungHyun held his cup up, smiling. "To our hardworking helpers," he said.

"To our hardworking helpers," everyone echoed, clashing their cups in the air. SoRa followed along, chuckling.

After taking a sip, SoRa sighed, taking a good look around the almost-empty apartment. JiYong did the same, his eye landing on a Polaroid camera still sitting on a shelf. He stood up and walked toward it, finding a note on the back.

"In order to cherish our beautiful memories..."

JiYong almost burst out laughing, reading his best friend's cheeky message. Then his thumb naturally traced over the messy handwriting as a drop of tear escaped his eye. His heart ached, thinking of his best friends who used to take pictures together and hang it up on their walls, but is now no longer able to take a single picture like before. He recalled how SeungHyun hated being in pictures, until he met SoRa, who always pulled him into a photo. Those times when SeungHyun and JiYong argued who would take a picture when the three of them were together, JiYong knew would ever come back.

"Jeez, I told you you should be in more pictures, man," he said very quietly, laughing to himself. He quickly wiped his tear away, and turned around, presenting everyone the camera. "Let's take a picture, as a memory!"

So everyone shuffled around, SoRa aiding SeungHyun, while JiYong set the camera on a box that would include everyone in the picture. He gave orders, adjusting little SeungHyun and DaeSung, whose heads were out of the frame. JiYong set the timer, and hurried over to take his place next to SeungHyun, who was sandwiched between him and SoRa.

"Three... Two... One... Say cheese!!!"

The camera flashed, and a picture was printed. A beautiful picture where everyone was merrily smiling, as if nothing was wrong, and as if nothing would ever go wrong.

 


Hey~~~~~

I am so sorry for not updating for TWO MONTHS >_<;;;;;;;; January was a busy month ._.
I hope everyone had a great Christmas (if you celebrate it), and a great New Year!
Thank you sooooooo much for always being patient!

Please feel free to leave a comment, and I will reply~^^