6

Lock

SoRa walked through the white hallway, bowing and greeting everyone on the way. They greeted back with heartwarming smiles as well. This was the one place SoRa could feel "normal." The one place she could "fit in" with others.

She reached a room, knocked, and then slowly opened the door. The faint smell of lavender tickled her nose. A man in a white coat looked up from the desk and smiled. "We see each other often these days, don't we?" he chuckled. SoRa chuckled along, stepping completely into the room.

They took a seat across from each other in the middle of the room. The man placed the clipboard comfortably in his lap as they began talking.

"Am I your only patient today?" SoRa asked, looking around the medium sized room. The man nodded, and SoRa chuckled. "You must be bored then, Doctor Lim," she teased. He scoffed.

"Ya, watch who you're talking to," he snapped back, earning a laugh from SoRa.

"So... what brings you here?" Doctor Lim asked. SoRa hesitated, and slightly looked down. "Did something happen at work? With your boyfriend?" he offered. SoRa shook her head sideways to deny all options.

"Nothing happened," she assured. "It's just that my ears.... They feel kind of weird, especially when I don't have my hearing aids on," she said. Doctor Lim frowned a little, as he wrote something down on the paper.

"Tell me more about it," he said, leaning his body frontward. SoRa nodded and inhaled.

 

"HYUNG!!!!!! A LITTLE HELP!!!!!!" DaeSung yelled from the first floor. SeungHyun walked out of the staff room and looked around the store, trying to find him.

He burst into laughter when he saw his poor friend drowning in piles of old cardboard. DaeSung waved his arm as he heard SeungHyun's laughter.

"QUIT LAUGHING AND HELP ME!!!!!!!" DaeSung demanded. His hyung approached the shaking figure and pulled a ton of cardboard away, while laughing. Finally able to breath properly without inhaling dust, DaeSung inhaled and exhaled deeply. "Thanks," he said.

"No problem, " SeungHyun replied. "Any time, my friend. Literally, any time," he teased and laughed. DaeSung frowned.

"I wonder why SoRa noona fell for such a guy like you," DaeSung blabbered, removing more cardboard. "Always bossy and acting cool... And so mean and teasing and...."

DaeSung stopped and slowly peeked over at SeungHyun, who was not responding to his complains as he always does. SeungHyun was staring at his phone, devastated. "Hyung? You OK?" DaeSung asked, worried.

"DaeSung-ah...." SeungHyun weakly called, turning his head toward his dongsaeng. "Have you seen a little guitar lying around somewhere?" he asked.

He tilted his head sideways, trying to think, and then made an "aha" face. "I've seen a keychain lying around, if that's what you're talking about," DaeSung offered. Seeing the elder's expression brighten, he rushed to the register counter and retrieved the small guitar keychain he had seen few days ago. He quickly went back to SeungHyun and handed him the item.

"OMG THANK YOU!!!!!!!! I've been looking for it forever!!!" SeungHyun exclaimed like a young child as he hugged the petit keychain close to his chest. He examined it, then carefully attached it to his phone case.

DaeSung watched the site with a taken back expression. He had never seen his hyung get this excited, if it wasn't for SoRa. And he was proud that he was able to give him a source of happiness, although it was just a simple action of finding the item.

"It must mean so much to you, hyung," DaeSung commented, and SeungHyun nodded.

"It does mean a lot to me," SeungHyun admitted. "It was a present from someone very important..." he said.

DaeSung furrowed. "Who is this person...?" he asked, recalling the scratched words on the back of the small guitar. SeungHyun smiled sadly.

"Someone that I love... So much...." SeungHyun answered.

 

SoRa stared into Doctor Lim's eyes, and he looked straight back at her. She slightly frowned, as if she was denying what he was saying.

"SoRa, I know it's hard, but you have to understand. You saw this coming, didn't you?" Doctor Lim said softly. SoRa couldn't do anything but to nod powerlessly.

"But.... How do I tell SeungHyun oppa...?" she asked. Doctor Lim's expression darkened.

"I think it is the best to tell him straight to the point," he answered. "Tell him that your ears are getting worse every day."

SoRa looked down and gripped onto the hem of her shirt. Doctor Lim sighed, and he looked up to remind her one more thing.

"And... don't forget to tell him that there is a possibility of you going deaf too, OK?"

 


Hey~~~

SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING YESTERDAY!!!! >  < ;;;;;;;

School started and there's so much studying -3- And having asian parents don't help. At all -______-

 

Please feel free to leave a comment anytime ^^