*CHARACTERS & SYNOPSIS*

Lock

CHARACTERS *spoilers if you have not read the story*

Yoon SoRa (24 years old): deaf, cheerful, SeungHyun's girlfriend, former part-time janitor & student

Choi SeungHyun (25): blind, handsome, used to play guitar, SoRa's boyfriend, former employee at SeoNam's store

Kwon JiYong (24): best friends with SeungHyun since high school, idol (stage name G-Dragon), playful

Kang DaeSung (23): employee at SeoNam's store, SeungHyun's former co-worker, energetic

Dong YoungBae (24): security at Lee SeungHyun's father's company, SoRa's former co-worker

Lee SeungHyun (22): son of CEO, nickname is "junior/little" SeungHyun, caring, close with YoungBae and SoRa

Yoon SeoNam (59): owner of music store, DaeSung's boss, SoRa's biological father

Park HaNeul (56): SeoNam's ex-wife, SoRa's mother, works at childcare center

Ahn TaeKyung (25): SoRa's childhood friend from the orphanage, older brother figure to SoRa, formerly worked with HaNeul

Choi HyeYoon (27): SeungHyun's older sister, works at design company

 

SYNOPSIS

Chapters 1~10
SoRa and SeungHyun have been living together in an apartment for over 3 years. SeungHyun works at a music store, and his best friends is JiYong, who is a famous singer/rapper, "G-Dragon." SoRa is a college student, but also works part-time as a janitor. SoRa has been bullied and teased throughout her life because of her impaired hearing. That does not get any better as she grows older, and she gets in a big fight with SeungHyun, worried about their future. After making up with him, she loses her hearing completely. SeungHyun promises to be her ears.

Chapters 11~18
SoRa and SeungHyun adjust to their new way of life. Everything seems to be going well. The two SeungHyun's and YoungBae try to find the cause of SoRa's unusual speed of hearing loss. When they discover that it is due to stress, they hold a conference with the company's employees. They promise to never bully SoRa again, and to help her if ever needed. SeungHyun gets a call to meet his parents whom he has not seen since he left the house at 18 years old.

Chapters 19~21
On the way to his parents's house, SeungHyun gets in a car accident. He is hospitalized, and everybody is told that he has lost his vision. SoRa promises to be his eyes.

Chapters 22~27
SeungHyun returns to the apartment. He and SoRa try to adjust to their new way of life, again. JiYong gives them devices which converts SeungHyun's voice into texts and SoRa's texts into audio. Meanwhile, SeungHyun junior, YoungBae, DaeSung, and SeoNam try to find government programs that could help the couple. They find one, where the government provides housing and numerous other services, so they introduce that to the couple. Meanwhile, SeungHyun junior notices SeoNam's strong interest in SoRa, and thus investigates him.

Chapter 28: SoRa's Past
Twenty years earlier, SeoNam became unemployed after his business failed. Unable to endure the financial crisis on top of nurturing, his wife Park HaNeul leaves the house and demands a divorce. After a few months, SeoNam decides it is best to send SoRa to an orphanage, hoping that could give her a better life. He then divorces HaNeul and removes himself from the family registry. SeoNam tells SeungHyun junior that he intends to keep this a secret from SoRa until she herself asks about it.

Chapters 29~37
SoRa and SeungHyun decide to move out of their apartment, as suggested by others. They reminisce over memories. Everyone comes to help them move out and into the new house.
SeungHyun's older sister, HyeYoon comes to visit them at the new home. She has been the only person in SeungHyun's family that supported his dream to be a musician and his relationship with SoRa. The two women grow close to one another. HyeYoon convinces SeungHyun to come home at least once to visit his parents. HyeYoon tells JiYong to keep it a secret that SeungHyun's father collapsed in shock when he heard about SeungHyun's accident.

Chapters 38~43
SoRa and SeungHyun plant flowers in their new garden. At the music store, DaeSung and SeoNam encounter a young man named Ahn TaeKyung. SeoNam and TaeKyung recognize each other from the days SoRa was in the orphanage. TaeKyung then goes to visit SoRa, and they tell SeungHyun how SoRa used to stick by TaeKyung's side as if they were siblings. He asks SoRa if she wants to know about her father, but she declines. Later, he meets SeoNam. SeoNam used to check up on SoRa at the orphanage from afar, but left before anyone would notice. He asks TaeKyung to keep it a secret from SoRa.

Chapters 44~47
HaNeul visits SeoNam to apologize for what she has done twenty years ago. She reveals she has been living with her parents in the countryside, where she works for children with disabilities. She also used to work with TaeKyung. To SeoNam's surprise, HaNeul did not know SoRa grew up in the orphanage. The ex-couple cry in regret. On the other hand, SeungHyun and SoRa plan a trip to the beach. JiYong goes around to SeoNam, DaeSung, SeungHyun junior, and YoungBae, asking to join their trip.

 


Hello~

I am so sorry for not updating this earlier. I had to go back through the chapters myself before writing the synopsis ^^; 
I hope this chapter helped!

Please feel free to leave a comment (happy or angry  'cuz I deserve angry messages) and I will reply~