16

Lock

"I'm home," SeungHyun called out as he entered the apartment. He noticed JiYong's shoes neatly placed and a faint smile appeared on his face. As he walked inside, SoRa's lovable laugh filled his ears with joy. He wanted to run up to her and just hug her tightly. It had been a tiring day.

"Oppa! Welcome home!" SoRa jumped up as soon as SeungHyun appeared in her sight. SeungHyun spread his arms, and SoRa ran right into his welcoming embrace.

"Eyyy, do you guys really have to do that in front of me?" JiYong said as he made a face. SeungHyun couldn't help but to laugh. "She was worried to death, man. You don't know how hard I tried to make her laugh," he complained.

"Thanks, man," SeungHyun replied, letting go of SoRa. He her long, soft hair, and took his phone out. "I'll send JiYong off," he showed SoRa the screen. SoRa nodded, and walked over to hug JiYong.

JiYong stood up and spread his arms, imitating SeungHyun form earlier. SoRa laughed as she put her arms around his skinny waist. He wrapped her with his arms and swayed a little. "Maybe I should just kidnap you like this," he joked.

"Away from my girlfriend," SeungHyun interrupted, ripping them apart. JiYong made another face as he was pushed to the entrance, not forgetting to wave back to SoRa.

When JiYong was putting his shoes on, he asked, "How'd things go?"

SeungHyun let out a sigh. "Well, I guess." He ran his fingers through his locks. "The employees admitted and they promised to help her out, though I'm not sure if I can trust them." JiYong gave a nod as he tied his laces.

"Hey, are you sure you're okay?" JiYong asked, standing up. "About your parents, I mean," he clarified. SeungHyun sighed again, and put on a smile.

"Yeah," he said, patting his friend on the shoulder. "Thanks," he added. He waved to his friend as the latter exited the small apartment. He began walking back inside, when SoRa came rushing with his phone in her hands.

He read the screen, "Father." He hesitated, already knowing what he has to say. Then he noticed SoRa looking up at him with a worried expression, and gave her a smile. "Thank you," he said as he put his hand on her head. He picked up the phone, his hand still on her head. "He-"

"What do you think you're doing?" a sharp voice stung SeungHyun's ear as soon as he picked it up. "You think you can just do anything you want, don't you. Have you forgotten that you are still my son? Can't you think of my position?" the man demanded.

"I can explain," SeungHyun managed to say without yelling or hanging up. SoRa was right there, watching. Although she couldn't hear anything, he knew she understood everything.

"Do you think you have a choice?" the man demanded once more. "Get over here." SeungHyun was about to say something, when he was interrupted, again. "Now." He hung up.

SeungHyun bit his lips in bitter. He wanted to throw the phone on the floor, breaking it into million pieces so that he will never have to pick it up again. But SoRa was there. He couldn't possibly let her see him like that. As he sank deep into his thoughts, he felt a small hand on his cheek.

"It'll be alright," SoRa told him with a warm smile.

That was all he needed. Whatever they were going to say, it didn't matter because he knew she would be there for him. He knew he would always come back, where SoRa was, and she would comfort him. There was nothing more, nothing less. She was all he needed.

"I know," he replied, her hair again. "I'll be back soon, okay?" He planted a small kiss on her forehead before leaving the small apartment. SoRa had not missed his hands trembling, and wished for him to return safely.

 


Hey~~~

Sorry for not updating... again.... I cannot express how sorry I feel every time I don't update

Thank you all for always being so patient and understanding ^^

 

Please feel free to leave a comment, and I will reply~^^