Interrupted Dreams

Black Blindfolds

"Repeat the basics back at me," Ravi says, as I lay panting on the cool ground.
"Avoid the neck as tempting as it may be. Go for the wrist instead. Our fangs are the most powerful part of our body," I breathe. I feel the grass under me, and let it run through my fingers.
"Good," Ravi says. He nods his head, and walks inside. I stand, and everyone walks inside. I'm walking to the door when Leo pulls on my collar.
"Do you need something Leo?" I ask, and he shakes his head. He pushes me against a wall, and I grunt when the air leaves my lungs. He looks over me; his hands clasped around my arms. He shakes his head, and releases a little laugh. His hands slide down, and he enters the house.
"Okay," I mutter, as I follow him indoors.
"Guys bed!" N yells, clapping his hands together.
"But I'm not tired," Ken whines leaning against N's shoulder.
"You'll be more tired if you don't go to bed," N replies pushing him off.
"I say we go shopping or search the closets tomorrow. These suits are getting pretty battered," Ravi suggests, and N nods.
"Sure. Tomorrow. But seriously everyone bed now," N commands. We all shuffle to our claimed rooms.
I enter mine, and walk to my bed. I kick off shoes, and sit on the edge. I peel my socks off, and the jacket follows suit. I grab my book, and set it on the table beside me. I pop a few black buttons on my shirt, and fall back on the bed. It shifts, and I turn over. I feel sun start to prickle my face as I pass out.


I'm being held. I look up, and see a very blurred face. Red hair falls over it, and he whips it to the side.
"Taek," a female voice says. The male holding me sets me down.
"It's time isn't it?" He asks grabbing her hands.
"Yes. He had been weaned off me for a while. They noticed," she says. He nods, and I latch onto the male's leg. Her face is blurred too. Long dark blue hair falls to her shoulders.
"I-I'll miss you. Every day," the man says, and small tears streak his blurred face.
"I love you," she whispers, connecting her forehead to his.
"I love you too," he whispers back. I see the tears in her eyes as she kneels beside me.
"Be a good boy Sanghyuk," she says at me.
"I will Mama," I find myself saying.
"I love you," she cries. I move from behind his leg, and wrap my little arms around her.
"I love you too Mama," I say, and she smiles.
"Are you going to do it?" He asks, as she rubs the crystals on my face. She kisses my forehead, and I feel myself blanking out.

I open my eyes and see guards. I remember this. It is my earliest memory.
"Welcome to your home kid," one says, and I rub my crystal-less eyes.


Someone runs fingers over my hair. I shift, and whoever it was stops. I hear shuffling, and my door shuts. I open my eyes, and see the sun starting to go down. I groan, and rub my eyes. I grab the blanket from my bed, and walk over to the window. I lean against the glass. It's warm still, and I see the bright reds and purples grow dark. I slump down, and smile weakly.
I think about the dream. Maybe it was a memory. Who was she? My mother? I called her Mama. It would stand to reason. Was the male my father? She called him Taek. His name?
More blacks and blues take over the reds and purples. I sigh. The glass cools against my face.
I drift off again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: why do I get like five comments on one chapter? And then none on the next? I find that strange. (-<) <3 ^_^