Consequences

Black Blindfolds

I look at my feet, seeing nothing but smooth floor. My shoes squeak, as I move over to the seat beside her. I reach out gently, pushing one of her hairs back from her face. I smile, and lean in close to her.

“I wish you could have become a wolf, and that you weren’t there for the fight,” I whisper, smiling at her.

The door opens, and I turn to look at it.

Nine others slip in, and instantly glare at me. I hiss, and they jump at me. I hiss louder at them, breaking my illusion.

“I don’t know what you’re thinking, coming here. But you and your kind will leave our sister alone,” one growls, and two go to her side. I hiss louder, shaking as they tighten their grip on me.

“You have no right to her. You guys took her away from what she wanted because your alpha wouldn’t return,” I snap back, baring my fangs at them.

“You know nothing,” the same one growls back, as Byunjin whines from her bed. She opens her eyes, blinking up at all of us.

“Sanghyuk?” She whispers, looking up at me. I smile at her, calming at her voice.

“Hey. How are you feeling?” I ask. She groans and sits up, looking around the room.

“Guys, what is happening?” She asks, looking at the one who spoke to me.

“He’s a vampire. He was touching you,” he answers, moving my arms back.

“Let him go Suho,” she commands, glaring at him.

“He was going to kill you.”

“He’s a friend. He would have already if he wanted to,” she says, looking up at me. I still, and Suho growls.

“Byunjin,” he warns, moving me back again.

“Suho, for once in your life will you do what I ask?” She speaks, and Suho growls deeper.

“If you hurt her, I’ll personally tear you to shreds,” he threatens, dropping my hands. I move over to her, smiling at her.

“How are you feeling?” I ask, looking down at her.

“I’ve been better. I should be back at school by Monday. We’ll talk then okay?” She says, grabbing my hand. I nod, and smile at her.

“Get better,” I say back, pulling away from her. I move away, passing by the wolves in the room. I ignore the stares, and force my illusion back on. Suho follows me out, grabbing at my wrist.

“This is your one time. If I catch you alone with her again, you will pay,” he threatens, and glare back at him.

“Prove it,” I snap, yanking my wrist free and leaving the room.



 

By the time lunch time rolls around on Monday, Wonshik, Hongbin, and I stand by the entrance to the cafeteria. I look to where Byunjin walks down the hall, ignoring the two wolves beside her.  I smile happily, slowly being put at easy again. She smiles back, and walks up to me.

“See? Monday, now let's go I’m hungry,” she says, moving into the cafeteria. We follow after her, before the three of us break off for a table. I follow her with my eyes, before Hongbin yanks me down.

“You didn’t say you mated,” he whispers in my ear. I look at him, blinking once.

“What are you talking about?” I ask, glancing over at Ravi for answers.

“You do seem, different,” Ravi whispers back.

“Has anything different happened? Sudden happiness, tripping over yourself when you look at someone,” Hongbin speaks, pulling on me again.

“I mean, I stumbled a little when I visited Byunjin,” I answer, as Ravi’s eyes widen.

“And you said she’s human now that she has passed the time to be a wolf,” he says, looking at the three as they walk to us. Byunjin smiles at me, and I smile back.

“Look, I’m going to say something. But don’t react violently. None of us want to be outed to humans,” Hongbin speaks, looking at them.

“Talk.”

“Kai. Be nice,” Byunjin whispers, as Hongbin looking between me and her.

“Look, I think Sanghyuk here mated on Byunjin,” Hongbin whispers. Both of them start to growl, and Byunjin squeezes their wrists. They silence, and look around.

“What does that mean?” Kai whispers back, glaring at me.

“Mates are very important to vampires. They end up being our one love, and they accept us as the vampires we are,” Wonshik answers, looking across the table. “We never hurt our mates.”

“I doubt that,” the other growls.

“Sehun. Don’t. I trust Sanghyuk,” Byunjin says, reaching a hand out to me. I smile and take it.

“Suho won’t like this,” Kai speaks, rubbing his head. “Tell your leader to meet us at the clearing where we fought. We’ll need to talk this time. Sundown.”

“Understood,” Hongbin replies, pulling on my shoulder. I pout softly, before standing.

“Be there?” I ask Byunjin.

“Of course.”

 

 

 

(-<) <3 ^_^