A More Permanent Home

Black Blindfolds

I run, following behind N and Ken. The beach and trees disappear quickly. They stop soon, and, well, I attempt. I slide, and fall slightly on the ground.
"First run?" Ken asks, his cheek healed.
"Yeah," I admit, and he laughs.
"Not bad. You're a true pure, but still not bad," he says, ruffling my blond hair. He helps me up, and smiles.
"I like it," N says. I look to him, before following his gaze.
A seemingly abandoned house. Three stories high, with even larger trees sitting around it. I smile.
"Can we go in?" I ask, and Ken nods.
"Ravi checked it out. He thinks it's sturdy," Ken says, and N and I run inside. We push the large doors open, and see Leo laying on a long couch. A large staircase leads to two halls, and Leo turns to us. He holds up seven fingers, and rotates his hand around.
"Seven bedrooms?" N asks, and Leo nods.
"Alright," I say, and N shoos me.
"Go find a room," he says pushing me. I walk around Leo, and up the stairs. I see another set to the left, and walk to them. I see the underside of another over me. I walk up one flight and see a hall. I walk up the other, and see the single door. I open it, and see a mostly empty space. The floor creaks under me, as I enter. A bed with its frame sits in a corner. A cracked door leading to a bathroom. A large window opens to a view of the forest, and I smile. I see the moon overhead, and nod.
"Hyuk?" N asks, knocking on the door.
"It's perfect," I say, and he smiles.
"I'm glad. Come on. Ravi is going to teach you to hunt and fight," N says, and I smile widely.
"That sounds fun," I say, as he turns. I follow him down both flights, and he leads me out back. Leo stands there, his illusion gone.
"We like the place," N says, as more come out. Leo nods, and goes to lean against a small stone wall.
"Remove your illusion," a vampire Ravi demands, and I blink at him.
"Okay," I say, and I close my eyes again. My original image returns to my mind, and I feel it breaking.
"Good," Ravi says. I open my eyes. I look down, and see my nails black again. I run my tongue along my teeth, and I prick it again. I rub along my eyes, and feel the crystals on my face.
"What do you know about fighting or feeding?" Ravi asks. I stare at him, and raise my eyebrows. "Right."
"Yeah," I say, and he frowns.
"Let's just start with this. Come at me. Let your instincts guide you," he says. I shake my head, and break flesh biting my lip.
"Remember last time I did that? I don't," I say, and he sighs.
"We'll stop you before you go crazy again," Ravi sighs.
"Can you guys even do that?" I question. He shrugs.
"We've done it before," he says. I smile, and we lock golden eyes. My forehead scrunches, and I breathe. I feel my legs burning from a fast pace, and he smirks.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: okay. So it's the Hyde house with the voodoo room in the basement. If you don't know what that means, watch the Hyde and Voodoo Doll music videos. Please comment. (-<) <3 ^_^