Epilogue

Senorita
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The white and gold drapes are all around the room. Glass vases of white roses compliment the white sheet that covered the same matched color wooden tables. On sides, big vases of white lilies, roses, and baby-breath flowers add the purity and beauty of the room. Rose petas are decorated the main path of the hall. It is very lovely, graceful, and beautiful scenery.

And it is all for someone’s wedding ceremony.

At the bride’s chamber, the usual commotion is happened.

“Oh My God, you look so beautiful!”

“Am I?”  The bride’s cheeks are blushing and somehow it compliments her broken white lace wedding gown. Her veil is held by her mother, who wears red hanbok, as she keeps crying in happiness.

Her aunt holds her hands. “We can do it. She has grown up so well.”  They nod and then, like someone loudly notifies, the girls are giving the way for those two middle-aged women to put the wedding veil onto her.

“Mom…, Aunt…,”

“We are so proud of you, Min Hee-ah. You finally get your happiness,”  Mrs. Choi speaks and she hugs her dearly. Her aunt, Yoon Ga Young, also sheds some tears of happiness, and takes the next turn to hug her niece. She is so sure her late sister would be very proud of what Min Hee has become.

After finishing her rehabilitation, Min Hee took another one year hiatus to go around the world, reflecting the beauty of life, and of course, she wasn’t alone; her mother, aunt, and sister (read: Bo Mi) accompanied them. In the journey, she really realized that she had to move on, just like her family. It was really weird to have two families but that was the unique of it. They both were her family’s members.

She then finished her study and began to work as curator and freelance sculptor. After years of working and sharpening her talent, here she is, ready to embark another journey of her life: being someone’s half for the rest of her life.

She still remembers what Kyung Soo told her when he announced he would move on: The present is present. What happened in past need to let go. And the future needs to be welcomed. Her past is dark, yes, nobody will argue with that, but that doesn’t mean she has to live her life with the same measurement as she lived in the past. The present is present; a gift that is created to be fulfilled by many journeys and experience. And don’t be afraid of the future, because if you keep afraid and avoiding the future, it’s just as same as living with your past. Min Hee has realized she has to let go of her past; she has to let go of Kyung Soo and his heroic figure; she has to fill her days with presents and great memories, and keep hoping for the future that will come for her.

“Thank you, Mom, Aunt.”

“Now don’t cry a lot or your make-up will be ruined.”  A woman with green hanbok joins the conversation. Like her mother, she wears jjokjin-meori; her hair is brought to the back of the head and tied into a bun. The bun is held and fastened together by a pin, whereas her aunt wears formal attire as she hasn’t married yet.

“Where is he?”

“Who?”

“Your son.”

“He is with his father, don’t worry.”  The green-hanbok girl speaks. “Now where are the matron of wedding and the bridemaids?”

 

 

 

“You look really great.”

“YEAH! YOU LOOK REALLY GREAT!”

Yi Xing laughs upon hearing the child’s cheerful remark and it gets louder when the father hits the kid. “Don’t follow my words!”

“Mother always does that!”

“Then don’t follow her weird habbit!”

“Kyung Soo-ah, your child is very funny,”  Yi Xing smiles, “look, he looks so cute when he is pouting! He gets your lips and her mimick!”

Kyung Soo just sighs and lifts the kid so he will get cheerful again. Yi Xing smiles warmly to the kid and begins to play peek-a-boo, although the kid is already four years old and thinks he is too old for doing it (nevertheless, he still likes it).

“Is everything alright?”  Chan Yeol comes into the groom’s chamber. He looks dapper with black suit and tie. He is one of the bestmen, as he is Yi Xing’s best friend.

Yes, Min Hee and Yi Xing. If this were announced when they were in university, they themselves would not even believe it. The relationship is going over years after Min Hee graduated; it’s not that they became lovers; they began it with friendship.

“Other than this little man, everything is under control,”  Kyung Soo mutters softly but Chan Yeol can hear it. “It’s actually your fault that you spend too much time in Europe that you can’t really raise this child with your way.”

“YEAH! YOU ARE ALWAYS GONE!!”  The little kid screams again and Kyung Soo has no option than to kiss him on his forehead. It works on his mother, by the way.

And it really works. Soon the kid smiles and says ‘I love Father!’ before hugs him like he will never let Kyung Soo goes again. Well, that most likely will not happen since Kyung Soo decides to reside on Seoul, teaching violin class in the very same university where he graduated.

“That kid is just like your wife,”  Yi Xing says again and Kyung Soo smiles. “Yeah, and I am really grateful of him.”

“Where’s the other bestmen?”  asks Chan Yeol, “I haven’t seen Baek Hyun and Jong Dae.”

“Jong Dae is with his daughter at the venue. That young girl wants to see the venue and be amazed with it, as I quoted Jong Dae,”  Yi Xing answers, “as for Baek Hyun, he might be at the toilet. You know he can get so nervous at times like this, even though he isn’t the groom.”

“Got it. I will check on the toilet.”  Chan Yeol then comes out from the room and the little boy, who has the name of Do Kyung Tae, asks his father to let him down. “Where will you go?”

“To Mother! To Mother!”  Kyung Soo sighs. It’s really tiring to have hyperactive four-year-old son. He doesn’t want to imagine how hard it is for his wife to raise this kid for three and half years straight. “Let me call her first, okay? You are not safe to wander around.”

“Okay.”

After he called, his wife shows up, still in her green hanbok and smiles radiatingly. “Look how handsome the groom is!”

“Thank you, Bo Mi-ah,”  Yi Xing says, “you also look so great.”

“I can’t believe we will be in-laws!”

“I can’t believe I will marry his—“  Yi Xing stops speaking because Kyung Tae tilts his head, like he is waiting what kind of words he will spill. Knowing that Yi Xing was about to step out from the boundary, Bo Mi takes her child and kisses him on his nose. “Have you behaved well, Tae-ah?”

“I HAVE! FATHER EVEN KISSED ME!”

“Is it?”

“It’s because he is too loud, like you.”

“Oww…but you miss my loud voice, don’t you?”  She kisses his cheek and it earns two things: giggle from Yi Xing and protest from Kyung Tae because he feels squeezed in between his parents. “Alright, stop PDA-ing. I am the groom; you had your time five years ago, Do Kyung Soo. Now let me have my moment here.”

“Where is everybody?”  asks Bo Mi.

“They are doing their things. They will come back—“  Before Kyung Soo finishes his line, the trio has come back. Kyung Tae screams in order to make his mother to let him go as he wants to approach Jong Dae’s daughter. “NOONA!”

“KYUNG TAE-AH!”

“Now go before you break my ear drum,”  Bo Mi speaks and so both of them play on the corner.  Jong Dae’s daughter then takes Kyung Tae’s hand and drags him toward the corner, where they play whatever game they are playing.

“Why are you here?”  asks Jong Dae, “shouldn’t you be at the bride’s chamber?”

“I can be here because Yi Xing oppa will become my brother-in-law,”  Bo Mi answers quickly and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter