I still don't believe

You're my star [On Hold]

 

I know what you guys are thinking...'Yay! that lazy author finally updated a new chapter!'...and I'm really sorry for me being soooo slow...there's not even a good reason...so I'm really sorry towards you you...really...


 

 

“Did he do anything to you!?!”

Kyuhyun jumped up out of anger, his hands clenched to fists. He couldn't believe what he had just heard. Did this...bastard of a pedo really dare to touch Sooyoung?!? His breath came unsteadily and in front of his eyes his sight blurred a little.

Suddenly he felt a pair of warm hands wrapping around his right fist and he looked at his girlfriend's face. She was smiling gently at him, pulling up his hand and planting many little kisses on it before she slowly opened his hand.

“Don't worry, Kyu-oppa...nothing happened between him and me...”

“How can you say that nothing happened between him and you when indeed something happened?” Kyuhyun laughed a little awkwardly, trying not to imagine what could have been that 'nothing'. Sooyoung turned to him and frowned a little.

“Haha, you're so funny, Kyu.”, the brunette answered with a sarcastic tone before she sighed. “Sorry...It's just...it's a serious matter...at least for me, so don't try joking about it, ok? I know you just don't want to make me feel bad, but just tell me what you really think. If you're angry then show it instead of laughing if off like this. Okay?”

The young man stared at her for a few seconds and then nodded. Was it that easy to see through his heart? Or did he have a worried facial expression? Kyuhyun would have liked to look into a mirror to check, but this would have just been weird in such a situation so he just lowered his gaze and turned a little away.

“Then...what did happen?..or better what didn't happen?”

Sooyoung leaned back a little and twirled a streak of her hair around her finger.

“Like I said...nothing happened. Before Kei-shi could do anything to me Ms Sakaa suddenly came in. At first she was really shocked, seeing him hugging me and almost kissing me, but then she got really angry and even slapped...”


 

Flashback

“What are you two doing here?!?”, a well-known voice suddenly shouted. The lights went on and both Sooyoung and the young man turned around. Ms Sakaa was standing in the door, her eyes wide opened, pointing at them with her right hand while covering with the other hand. Sooyoung could hear Kei cursing the manager before he bent down to her and whispered something into her ear. It gave her the creeps.

“If you tell her something about it I'll make sure that you will go through hell. Remember, you can't escape from me.”

He then let go of her and turned around to Mio, smiling widely at her.

“Nothing special. We were just practicing a dance, right Soo?”

The young girl slowly nodded as she saw the cold glare coming from the man, instructing her to not say anything wrong.

“Yeah...we were just practicing...”

The manager eyed them both suspiciously before she walked into the room and put her bag onto the table. Somehow she didn't believe what she just heard as she could clearly see that there wasn't any music playing, they both weren't really moving when she came in and more importantly Kei was about to kiss...to kiss that KID. Yeah, her prince charming was about to kiss an innocent little kid! But wait...if that kid managed to seduce a grownup man she couldn't be that cute and innocent, right?

“Well...I think I have to leave now. Let's practice sometime else Soo.” When he passed Mio he flashed a smile in her direction. “Let's go drinking after you finished work, ok?”

“Uh yeah...” Mio blushed at little and smiled back at him, watching Kei walking out of the room until he disappeared behind the next corner. When she was sure that he left, the manager closed the door and walked to the young girl who hadn't moved since she had come in. Sooyoung was looking at her like a scared deer in front of a car, the eyes wide opened and frozen. Mio raised her hand a little and touched the girl's shoulder lightly. “Sooyoung...is everything alright?”

The brunette girl slowly seemed to come back to life as he blinked a few times and looked into the elder's face. She bit her lower lip before she nodded and smiled a little.

“It's ok, Mio-san. I'm fine.”

“Really?”

“Yes.”

“Hm....did you two...really just practiced?”

“Uh...yeah...why are you asking Mio-shi?”

“I just...To me...It didn't really seem like you were practicing...it more looked like you both were about...to kiss.”

Sooyoung immediately froze again, staring it her manager. Mio-san guessed it right, but she couldn't tell her right? Kei-san had made it clearly. If she was going to tell anyone about it who knew what other things he would do to her? But on the other side...she really trusted Mio-san. So if she told her to keep it a secret she would do so, right?

“...actually...yeah...he sudde...”

The young girl was suddenly interrupted by a slapping sound. Her head flung to the side and she blinked a few times before she realized that she had been the one being slapped. When she touched the spot where Mio's hand hit her face, Sooyoung flinched back a little. She hadn't noticed the pain before, as she was too confused about what had just happened to her. The young girl blinked a few times, staring at her manager and trying to figure out what had happened.

“So...Kei-san tried to kiss me...Mio-san saw it...he then told me to not tell anyone and left...and then she...slapped me...so this means?”

Actually what did this mean? Apparently Mio-san was angry about something and that's probably why she slapped her. But what made her angry? Sooyoung didn't know. She hadn't done anything wrong. Moreover, she was the victim here so she couldn't be the person at fault and Mio-san shouldn't be angry with her...excepts...

The brunette's eyes widened even more in shock and her hand, that had been holding her cheek fell down as if her arm lost all it's strength. What if...

“Mio-san...”

“Don't ever call my name, you little b****!” The manager glared at the young girl, her eyes full of hatred. “In front of people you just act like a cute little girl, smiling at them and doing your 'aegyo'! And then? When you're alone with a guy, you wear stuff like that!” The woman pointed at the girl's outfit. “Showing off your body with extremely short shorts and a way too tight shirt! I'm ashamed of you! You're dressed like a and then dancing with him. Girl do you have no shame? Trying to seduce a grown up man?” Mio snorted in contempt and looked down at Sooyoung with a disgusted face. “People say you're cute, but you're girl you know what? You're just a shameless fake little !” With these words the manager stomped out of the room, leaving a completely shocked little girl in the practice room.

Sooyoung stared after her manager, watching her walking out of the room, disappearing behind a corner. She was all alone in that brightly illuminated room, but everything seemed so dark and blurred. Suddenly the brunette's legs gave in and she landed on her knees. She couldn't feel any pain, just the words from her manager kept echoing in her head. It was her fault! She tried so hard to be cute, but her real self wasn't! Mio-san was right! It was her fault!

And slowly everything went black in front of her eyes.


 

Kyuhyun stood there, staring completely dumbfounded at his girlfriend. He had expected the worst but what he had just heard was just unbelievable. He clenched his hands to fists and opened them again, repeating this several times before he finally looked at his girlfriend.

“Soo...”, he spoke her name softly, just like a a warm summer breeze. The boy approached his girlfriend and gently put his arms around her waist, pulling her up so that she would stand, or better lean against his chest. He hugged her tightly and swayed her a little from side to side. “Soo...don't believe what she said. That woman...she was just jealous of you. Don't believe her. Everything she said was a lie!”

“Ani...” Sooyoung's voice was just a whisper. She slowly shook her head and swallowed, trying to hold the tears, which were coming up every time she thought about this chapter of her life, back. “Mio-san is right. A cute girl would have never been able to do something like that...”

“That's not true!” Kyuhyun hugged her even tighter. “It's all a lie. Just because Kei-shi was attracted to you instead of her she was jealous. Because she herself wasn't as cute and lovable as you she started hating you. Everything she said was because she was angry and wanted to hurt you! Soo. Don't believe that old witch!”

“She might have said it out of anger...but in the main point she's still right. I'm not cute. If I was Kei-san would have never been attracted to me...”

“You're wrong! Absolutely wrong!” The young man pushed her lightly away from himself and wrapped his hands around her cheeks, making Sooyoung look directly into his eyes. “Kei-shi was attracted to you because of your cuteness. Because you're a cute, bubbly girl. Pretty and adorable. And also because he's a pedo. Why out of all those people you believe the one who probably hates you the most?”

“Because...I can be sure she told the truth...”
“She just said it out of jealousy! Sooyoung!” He strike her cheek softly and gave her a warm smile. “Then...if I told you, would you believe me?”

“...I don't know...you're my boyfriend....”

“And that's why I'm right. Soo listen.” Kyuhyun let go of her face and took her hands, squeezing them lightly. “Do you remember the first time we met? During middle school. It was the first day of the new term and you were lost. And then be bumped into each other. You fell on the ground but instead of being grumpy you just laughed and apologized. At that moment I didn't think that you were really pretty and you know you really are. The first thing I thought was 'Damn this girl has a really cute smile.' “

The dark haired boy smiled warmly, trying to cheer up the tall girl in front of him. Slowly the corners of turned into a little smile and her cheeks started turning slightly darker. But then Sooyoung's lips turned into a pout and her cheeks puffed.

“What's wrong?”

“If you said that you thought I was cute on our first meeting...why did you treat me that coldly afterwards?”

“Errr....” Kyuhyun let go of her hands and rubbed his neck. Why exactly did he started thinking bad of her? Now thinking back of it he really behaved childish. Because he was angry with himself, disappointed and exhausted he started hating an innocent and lovable girl who just seemed to lead the perfect life. The life he once had. “I'm sorry...it was really childish and I was just so angry and then you were there and I started...”

“Shhh...it's ok.” Sooyoung put a finger on his lips, making Kyuhyun stop talking. “I know you had your reasons. And if I were you I would have probably done the same. So I can't really blame you. And at least you're now the person to cheer me up when I'm down.” Before Kyuhyun could answer Sooyoung already pecked his lips and smiled at him. “Gomaweoyo.”

The young man put his arms around her waist and smiled down to his girlfriend, his cheeks were flushing slightly because of her sudden action. Pulling her closer, so that the gap between their faces shortened, he returned the smile and looked into her eyes.

“Then...do you still believe that you're not cute?”

Sooyoung shook her head a little.

“I still don't believe it.”

“Then...” he smirked a little. “I will just continue telling you. Until the day you finally believe in what I say. My cute girlfriend.”

Now it was Kyuhyun's turn to pull her into a kiss. But instead of pecking her lips, like Sooyoung had done just a few seconds ago, he gently put his lips on her's and kissed her softly. It was nothing passionate, just a sweet and affectionate kiss that lasted a few seconds before Kyuhyun pulled back. Gently he her cheek, making them turning into a dark pink again, before he pushed a strand of her chocolate brown hair back from her face and planted a kiss on her forehead.

“I love you Sooyoung.”

The brunette smiled happily and wrapped her arms around him, closing her eyes for a short moment, just to savour the moment, that only belonged to the two of them. Then her eyes shut open again and she looked up into Kyuhyun's eyes'

“I love you too, Kyu-oppa.”

The couple stood there like this for a few more minutes, completely fading out their surrounding and just enjoying being with each other until they heard someone giggle. Sooyoung looked up in confusion and looked directly into a girl's face. She immediately looked away and turned to her friends. They were giggling and whispered something to each other which sounded like 'Aww, this couple is so affectionate, right?' ' They seem so lovey dovey.' 'How I envy her...'

The brunette looked up to her boyfriend, raising a brow, asking him what they should do now with her facial expression. Kyuhyun glared a little at the girls but then let go of Sooyoung. He went over to the bench and took their bags before he grabbed her hand and started walking down the road with her.

“So? What are we going to do now?”

“Hm...” He took a look at his wristwatch. “It's already too late to go back to school...I guess tomorrow we will get into big trouble....Is it still ok for you?”

“It is.”

“Well then....If we're already skipping classes, then let's go the whole hog and have some fun!”

Sooyoung nodded.

“Do you have anything on mind?”

“Let's go on a date!” Kyuhyun smiled brightly at her. “If it's ok for you.”

“I would really like to go on a date with you.”

“Ok, then let's go! First....to the shopping center!”

Sooyoung felt all excited. She had never broke any rules before and it was her first time to skip classes. Though she should feel bad and anxious because of it, Sooyoung actually really enjoyed it as Kyuhyun was right there on her side, holding onto her hand and smiling reassuringly at her. She couldn't help herself but push the worries away and just enjoy the time she would spend with him.

Finally they arrived at the nearby shopping center and went in. It was around lunch time and as it was a Friday there were many people around, going shopping during their lunch break. Kyuhyun tightened his grip a little to make sure that he wouldn't loose Sooyoung in the crowd. He wanted to make this date special as he really wanted to cheer her up and as this was their first date.

“Let's go look there first.”

Kyuhyun dragged his girlfriend into a shop which was selling mainly cute clothes for girls, as well as couple pieces. He looked around, smiling at the sight of all those lacy, flouncy and overall cute dresses and imagined Sooyoung wearing them, with a cute ribbon in her hair.

On the opposite, Sooyoung's eyes widened as she saw where her boyfriend was dragging her. She looked around, slightly in horror of all those overly cute clothes. Did he want to make her wear them? She already wanted to protest but Kyuhyun was already looking through the dresses and held one up with a beaming face.

“Hey Soo. Look at this. I think it will suit you well.”

(Do you guys know the dress Sooyoung was wearing in Factory Girl when she went to New York to that designer with Tiffany? The one which the designer complimented, saying that she likes Sooyoung's style? That blue one with the flowers printed on it(?) ? Kyu is showing that dress to her...it's just that I can't find a picture of that one right now...if you don't know which one I mean...errr...then sorry guys...)

 



soo...this was the new chapter...like promised I ended up the whole past thingy of Sooyoung...and now they're on a date~! yay! Finally something I'm good at writing about! Please look forward on the next chapter as it will become really fluffy and cheesy! XD