I'll protect you

You're my star [On Hold]

 

ok, finally I updated...sorry that the author is so slow...unfortunately...I was too absorbed in Love Rain and TaeTiSeo...

well...so here is the next chapter...it's not that long...but please enjoy it!


 


 

Sooyoung stared at the sky that seemed so blue and closed her eyes. She slowly breathed in and lightly put her arms around him, her forehead leaning against his shoulder.

It...was because of you...”, she whispered. “I stopped because of you...”

Donghae loosened the hug and slightly pushed her away to see her face.

Because...of me?”

Ne...”, Sooyoung nodded and looked at him for a second before she lowered her gaze. “Why do you like me that much that you didn't want me to leave this world?...”

He's probably the only one who thinks like that...


 


 

You're asking why...?...Sooyoung...do you really not remember?”

Sooyoung looked at him with confusion. What did he mean by this?

Remember what?”

Donghae sighted and released her from the hug. “Seems like you really don't remember anything...”, he said and stood up. “But I can't really blame you...It was long ago...and it probably wasn't that important for you”, he mumbled while straightening his clothes.

Sooyoung just sat there silently and watched him dusting his clothes off. Her eyes wandered up and stopped at his face.

When we first met...I already thought that his face looked really familiar...seems like he knows me from before...but where did we meet? Maybe when I was in Japan?...No, this can't be...During that time I hardly met any Koreans...so maybe from even before? But this would mean that we met when we were little children....

...young...Sooyoung?”

It took her a few seconds to realize that he was calling her. She blinked a few times before she looked at him again, a little confused.

Ne?”

Are you ok? You sure that you're not injured?...Should we go to a hospital? You still seem to be a little beside yourself...”, Donghae asked in worry but Sooyoung just shook her head.

A...Aniyo...I'm ok. I don't think I'll need to see a doctor.”

hm...ok...but maybe it'd be better if I took you home. You should rest a little.”, Donghae smiled at her and helped Sooyoung to stand up. “Wait here. I'll go and get your bag. I'll be back soon, ok?”

He still held her hand and squeezed it a little, worried if she would be ok if he left her alone for a few minutes. Sooyoung say the worries in his eyes and smiled at him.

Don't worry. I won't move away. Not even an inch.”

Ne..”, Donghae returned the smile, glad that she didn't seem to be that down any more. “it won't take long. I'll be back in just a few minutes.”

Before he left, Donghae wrapped his arms around her and hugged her lightly. Slowly he breathed in her scent. “no matter what happened, you still have me, Sooyoung.”, he whispered in her ear and loosened the hug. “Arasso?”

Sooyoung looked up, right into his eyes. He seemed so serious about her. Could she really trust him? Would he be different from all the other people?...The truth was, she was scared. Scared of again loosing someone who was really important for her. And it seemed that slowly, Donghae became this kind of person...

So, wouldn't it be better if I just stop now? Just stop liking him?...It just started, so I won't be that hurt if I let go of him now...But still...it feels so good being with him...

She took a deep breath and slowly nodded.

Just once more. Only this one more time I want to trust in someone.

Donghae smiled at her and pulled her closer to him again. After he brushed a streak of her out of her face, he slowly leaned in and plant a gentle kiss on her forehead.

I'll always protect you, Sooyoung. Don't forget this.”

Finally he released her from the hug and smiled one last time, before he hurried to the entrance. Sooyoung just watched him silently. She could still feel the warmth of his hug, still feel the gentle kiss. It wasn't the same like when...when Kyuhyun touched her. When she thought back of it...Kyuhyun always made her heart beat faster. Whenever he touched her, may it be a kiss or even when he just took her hands, her heart began racing and she could feel her body heat rising. But when Donghae hugged her, she just absolutely felt calm. The way he lightly touched her and also his kiss, this all made her feel safe and secure. Thanks to Donghae she felt calmer now.

Sooyoung turned around and looked for a place to sit down, when suddenly two arms wrapped around her and someone hugged her really tightly.

Are you already back, Donghae-oppa?”

Immediately the arms released her and Sooyoung turned around, smiling at...Kyuhyun?!?

So...you two are already this close that you call him oppa?”, he asked, moving back a few steps. Kyuhyun didn't look at her, afraid that she could see the anger. He didn't want to scare her, but it really made him angry. When he watched them hugging he already had to stop himself from running to them and pulling Sooyoung away from this jerk. And when he kissed her...Kyuhyun clenched his fists but immediately tried to declamp them. But he just couldn't hold it in. “Seems like you found a replacement for me....”, Kyuhyun said, colder than intended.

Ani...”, Sooyoung shook her head. “Kyu...you misunderstood it...it's”, she tried to explain but Kyuhyun interrupted her.

It's not how it looks like. I can explain this...these words seem really familiar, don't they?”, he asked. Although he didn't want to, his voice sounded a little sarcastic. Kyuhyun took a deep breath and sighted. “Geez...I think I better leave now...”

Sooyoung just stared at him, unable to respond anything. His voice seemed so cold and distant, but more than that she could also hear that he was really hurt by her actions.

...Maybe I shouldn't have reacted like that...maybe it was really a misunderstanding...I should have listened to his side of story...

She shook her head and blinked a few times. Where was he? Sooyoung turned around in panic. Did he already leave?

Kyu?”, she whispered before she shouted his name out loud. “Kyu! Don't leave me here alone!” Again, she could feel her heart ache, the tears blurred her sight and it was hard to breath. “Don't leave me again...”, she sobbed. “I still need you...”

Sooyoung only felt a grip around her wrist. Someone dragged her after him and she could hardly keep pace. Because of the tears she couldn't see who it was, but this shape and also his scent...it was definitely Kyuhyun.

Kyu...I...”

It's ok, Soo...I could never leave you alone...”


 


 

Donghae hurried into the building and ran straight to the classroom.

Her things must still be in there....

He opened the door and went inside, scanning the room for her bag, but Sooyoung's desk was already empty.

Did someone else take her things?”

Are you looking for something, Donghae-shi?”, a female voice appeared behind him.

Surprised, Donghae turned around and looked down to the little girl that was talking to him. It was Sooyoung's little friend, so she would probably know.

Ah, Ji-Eun-shi...Did someone take Sooyoung's bag? Do you know it?”

Ah, yeah. Kyuhyun-shi came in a few minutes ago and took her things with him. Wae?” She looked up at him.

Bwoh? Cho Kyuhyun?...Geez...I have to hurry back!”, Donghae just shouted out and rushed out of the room.

Ji-Eun watched him silently, a little smile on her lips.

Hm...seems like it's going to be interesting...”, she mumbled before she started humming while walking down the empty corridor.


 


 

Donghae ran the way back, hoping that he wouldn't be too late. He slammed the entrance door open and ran right to the spot where he had left her.

Sooyoung...you promised that you won't move away, not even an inch...please...let her keep her promise...

But when he arrived there, no one was there anymore....


 


 

Poor Donghae...he really hoped that she would still be there...oh well...too bad for him that the author loves drama XD

Well...just like always I ask you, my dear readers, what you think about the chapter, so please comment.