Think about you (Seokjin)

BTS Imagines

“The creamy mushroom soup is really delicious. It tastes similar to y/n’s” The guest compliments carelessly before she could stop herself. Guilt washes over her as she watches the way the man’s face before her turns grim instantly. The air in the dining room feels increasingly tense and eerily silent the moment the pair of guests step foot into the house. It is unusual to the normal humorous conversation and cheerful laughter bouncing off the walls of the elegant house.  Crinkling her eyebrows, the lady turns to her husband beside her, urging for some help. The latter clears his throat awkwardly, internally wincing at the scratchy sound akin to something like a motorcycle’s engine begins to roar.

“How has the business been going on? I heard your parents and brother are taking over for now” The man does not look up from his food, if anything, he resumes playing with his pasta. Twirling the noodles around the metal fork and if his parents were to see him like this, he would have been reprimanded for playing with his food, a habit a younger self of him did when he is too tired to eat.

The pair sighs, shifting to look at each other and back to the grown man in front of them. They take in his appearance that they have seen usually giving people friendly and gentle smiles changes into a dispirited and sombre expression, staring blankly as they talk to him. Loose strands of hair are standing upright in an unkempt manner and his creased clothes hanging heavily against his body. Stubble beneath his chin begins to darken. The dark bags under his eyes seem to have worsened over the restless nights spent on his cold bed. The lights above the ceiling emanate a dim, yellow hue circling them which does little to uplift the desolation b in the atmosphere.

“Seokjin, we understand the situation you have to put through but I hope you find your strength to live again” The man’s sincere voice echoes into the room. The male, Seokjin, lifts his head to finally address his guests despite staring between the two with no emotion.

“I believe we shall leave you alone to rest” The lady speaks up hesitantly and Seokjin tries to get up to clear the table but she beats him to it. “Here, let me” The lady pries Seokjin’s hands from the plates easily and starts to wash the dishes.

Meanwhile, her husband sighs softly, seeing Seokjin’s eyes blinks at him and flitting over at the man with helplessness. His youthful energy is drained from his body similar to his source of happiness left him. All that the poor male could do is sit by the corner of darkness and locks himself in the solitude the room provides him.

“You can call us for a chat or visit us. We’ll be glad to have you with us” The man squeezes Seokjin’s shoulder as he speaks. The room swiftly falls into silence, saves from the clinks of utensils and plates and bowls and water gushing from the tap. The man’s watchful eyes follow Seokjin’s anxious movements while they wait for the lady to be done.

“We shall make a move now” He stands up when he sees his wife enters from the kitchen to the dining room.

“Take care of yourself, Jin” The lady embraces the young male in her arms. Seokjin breathes in a whiff of her perfume lingers on her neck and it is nothing compares to his favourite scent of blossom flowers and honey.

The door opens for a moment and a gust of chilly night air escapes into the warmth of the house before the door closes. The buzzing sound of nothingness pierces through Seokjin’s ears when he is left alone again. He gets up and settles on the comfy sofa. The black screen of the television stares back at him mockingly. It is as if reminding him of how much no light could shine through the depths of an endless tunnel.

“That is not how you greet my parents, Seokjin” Seokjin perks up at the familiar voice and turns around immediately. He nearly gets a whiplash from how quick he turns his head.

“I thought you know better than to respect the elders” You look at him with a disapproving look. It is like a switch has been and Seokjin instantly brings back his usual cheery self.

“I’m sorry y/n. I was just...” A heavy, slight tremble exhale of breath releases from the male’s body. He watches as your face soften and contort into concern.

“You shouldn’t tire yourself so much. I barely see you eat just now” Seokjin’s adam apple bobs up and down nervously at the thought of your big black orbs looking fondly but worriedly at him.

“I’m not hungry, y/n” That is certainly a lie and he knows perfectly well that his appetite is enormous that he could eat almost a two days worth of meal.

“I have your favourite chocolate biscuits in the cabinet. You can have them later” You inform him gleefully whenever you have the groceries stock up and put them in the cabinet, knowing Seokjin will snatch a bag of his favourite treats while he watches his shows.

“Let’s head to bed” You perk up at him. Seokjin stares at the beautiful smile gracing your tempting, pouty lips. He nods absentmindedly, unaware that it is still too early to sleep in.

“Why don’t you go ahead first and I’ll join you?” The tall male walks past you and shivers involuntarily, fully aware of your eyes following him as he heads upstairs to both of your shared bedroom.

Seokjin enters the room and leaves it open slightly ajar. He slips under the covers, body quivers at the coldness of the bed. He tucks his hands under his chin and brings his legs closer to his chest. His eyes stays fixated at the door of the room. No presence of you is seen or heard after a few minutes.

“Sweetheart?” Seokjin anticipates for a reply of “Yes, Jinnie?” to fill his ears but none comes.

He waits for another few minutes. His heart hammers wildly in his chest, threatening to fall out like a fish gaping for water. A lone tear escapes from his eyes, rolling down his cheeks and before he could hold himself back, he becomes teary and his pillows turns damp beneath his right cheek.

Feeling of forlornness surfaces in his chest and realisation finally dawns on him that he is truly alone in the house. There is no resident with the name goes by y/n anymore, not until a year and a half ago. Nights like this are not unusual for him as it often happens. Fragments of memories and visions of you walking and talking to Seokjin in the house does nothing to ease the ache in his heart. The longing to hold you in his arms once again grows increasingly.

He sits slowly and reaches out to the second drawer by the bedside. He makes a grab into it and spills out the contents. Slipping two pills past his lips, he swallows them eagerly, not caring of the side effects of taking more than the subscription dose. He only cares to be able to fall asleep just like any other night despite being fully aware that it is not possible. The last thing he remembers before closing his eyes is you smiling down at him and softly caressing his hair.

 

A/N: Sorry this is a terrible attempt at angst. I could never write anything more than fluff aparently... anyway, thank you reading!