Special Chapter 8 - Ken

Dark Lake Academy - EXTRAS

The day had for Ken.

Actually, saying that it was putting it lightly.

To start, he’d woken up later than normal and ended up being last for the shower. Just his luck, the warm water was gone so he’d had to use cold. By the time he got down stairs, he had no time to eat and the younger boys in the foster home had seen fit to take anything he could eat on the go. With an empty stomach, he’d run to school and ended up being late. This landed him in the hall, holding up a couple of heavy textbooks until his arms started to go numb while everyone who walked by gave him judging looks.

At lunch, he realized he’d forgotten his. Thankfully, N and the guys had shared parts of their lunches so that he didn’t starve. The second half of school was even worse. Between a couple of bullies throwing spit balls at him all class until he yelled at them and got himself a detention after school and a pop quiz that he knew he had failed, Ken wasn’t sure how much he could take.

All he wanted to do was go home and watch One Piece while snacking on the box of cookies he’d gotten himself as a treat a few days prior. Was that too much to ask after a horrible day?

“Hi, hyung,” Hyuk greeted him as he exited the building.

“Hyuk,” Ken smiled slightly, “you didn’t have to wait for me. I could have walked home by myself.”

Hyuk just laughed as side it was no big deal. Honestly, Ken was beyond grateful to the younger. Not only did he not want to walk home alone, but he knew that the bullies from class lived somewhere along his normal route home. They looked for any chance to harass him during school hours, he didn’t want to see what they might do after school with no teachers to keep them in line.

Upon getting home, Ken bolted for the room he shared with Ravi and N. once inside, he the desktop and went looking for his treats. When he found nothing but an empty box, he glared darkly at Ravi.

“Bastard!” Ken yelled, startling Ravi who’d been doing his homework, “how dare you eat them! I bought these especially for me. You didn’t even ask!”

“What are you talking about, hyung?” Ravi asked, looking very confused and that only pissed Ken off more.

“These!” he the box in Ravi’s face, “how could you? you selfish bastard!”

“Hey,” Ravi yelled, getting angry now, “I didn’t do anything so stop calling me names.” A part of Ken’s brain registered how Ravi’s eyes had gone from their normal dark brown to crimson red, but too much of his brain was focused on being angry to realty realized how strange that was.

“I didn’t do anything,” Ken mocked the younger, “liar! You lying, little, frog faced bastard!” Ken waved his hands about madly.

Suddenly, there was a sparkle around Ravi, followed by a poof of smoke. When the smoke cleared, Ravi was gone. Instead there was a small, green frog sitting on the floor exactly where Ravi had been standing.

“What?” Ken backed away, not sure just what had happened, “Ch-change back. Go-go away. I want Ravi back.” Ken’s hands shock and he closed his eyes tightly, wished that whatever had happened would un-happen so that Ravi could come back.

Had he done this? Was this his fault? He had called Ravi a frog. Had that turned the younger into a frog? N was going to be so mad when he found out. And everyone would reject him and call him a freak and he’d be all alone. Not again.

“Hyung?” his eyes popped open to find Ravi looking at his curiously, “what are you doing?”

“You’re back!” Ken cried, rushing forewords to hug Ravi, “you’re back.” Ken felt himself started to cry and Ravi looked down at his hyung, confused.

Ravi had no memory of being a frog. As far as he knew, Ken had been yelling at him one moment and the next he was backing away with his eyes shut tightly while muttering ‘I’m sorry’ over and over again. And now he was apologizing over and over for turning Ravi into a frog. Ravi didn’t know what to do other than pat Ken on the back, tell him the truth – that he didn’t remember a thing – and then go to N. N didn’t know what to do either, so he talked to the woman who ran their foster home. She got Ken an appointment with the school councillor.

Ken was quick to realize that Ravi really didn’t have any memory of anything odd. Was it because nothing had happened? Had Ken’s mind just ben so stressed and upset that it had created a hallucination? He tried passing the incident off as exactly that to the school councillor when she asked. Apparently, she didn’t believe him because she recommended sending him to a school for troubled youth for the next school year since the current school year would finish in a few weeks. She recommended the same for N, Leo, Ravi, Hongbin, and Hyuk who she’d also been talking with about their own problems.

At the start of the next school year, Ken found out what he was – a warlock. He once more apologized to Ravi for the incident and this time the other believed him.

A/N: requested by -Anita who wanted to know about the time Ken turned Ravi into a frog. Just so ya know, it was those darn bratty kids at the foster home who stole Ken’s cookies, Ravi didn’t do nothing other than be in the room when Ken came in.

If you have a request for a special chapter, just ask! Don’t be shy, I don’t bite! I’m sure you’ll find I’m quite friendly. Little weird, but mostly friendly.