Special Chapter 25 - D.O

Dark Lake Academy - EXTRAS

Kyungsoo was not in the habit of going against what his parents told him to do. In fact, he always did as told. He was a good son like that, always doing as told because that was what was expected of him. That was what he had to do if he wanted to be like his older siblings.

Maybe that was why Kyungsoo had started to date his girlfriend.

His parents didn’t want him to date, they had made that very clear. Kyungsoo knew that if they found out what he was doing he would be in so much trouble. But he found that he didn’t care, he found that he liked going against their orders even if it was just this once. Even if it wasn’t really that big of a deal to anyone else. It felt that way to him, it felt like a massive deal.

“Hey,” Keumjo smiled, throwing her arms around his shoulders and kissing him, “you’re late.”

“My parents held me up,” Kyungsoo explained, “They wanted all these specifics about where I was going and what I was doing.”

“And you lied,” she giggled, “my handsome little rebel.”

Kyungsoo didn’t respond, he just blushed and let Keumjo lead him wherever she wanted. Where she wanted was a party that some of her friends where holding. Kyungsoo didn’t think much of the weird looks that they gave him, he was used to it after months of dating Keumjo. Her friends all gave him that same weird look each time they saw him. Keumjo just told him to ignore it, so he did.

It was only after she’d sunk her fangs into him after talking him into slipping away into a bedroom that he realized what those looks meant. Her friends knew that this was going to happen to him and they pitied him.

“Keumjo,” one of his girlfriends friends called, rushing into the room, “stop, you’re going to kill him.”

“Sorry, Sojin” Keumjo hung her head slightly, “his blood was just so good, I couldn’t stop myself.”

“I’m not the one you should apologize to,” Sojin scowled, “it’s the guy you just tried to drain. But that isn’t why I’m here. His parents are down there looking for him.”

“Really?” Keumjo scowled, “crap.”

“Heal him up and let’s get out of here,” Sojin instructed, “they got the cops. You know what will happen if we’re arrested. Rest of the gang already split.”

“Right, healing,” Keumjo nodded, cutting her finger open and running the cut along Kyungsoo’s neck. The pair waited until after the holes were healed before slipping out the window. Kyungsoo, still pretty out of it thanks to blood loss, wasn’t sure but he thought he heard Keumjo apologize before she left.

Kyungsoo didn’t have long to think about it because soon his parents and a cop had entered the room. He could already hear his mother and father scolding him, ridiculing him for going against their wishes. It only got worse from there when he started to suffer from lack of blood. They thought he was going into drug withdrawals and that really set them off.

Kyungsoo himself didn’t know what was wrong with him until Sojin showed up in his room one night with a blood bag and a pamphlet for Dark Lake.

“Keumjo turned you,” she said, sounding very apologetic, “I guess she took too much and, well…….you’re like us now.”

“Where…..?” Kyungsoo wondered if he should ask where his girlfriend….his ex-girlfriend…..had gone.

“She can’t come,” Sojin sighed, “she’s…..she’s got things she needs to get done in another part of the world. Even when she comes back she probably won’t be able to see you. If the people we work for found out she turned you, it would really hurt her career.”

“Ah,” Kyungsoo didn’t understand right then, but decided to just drop the subject.

“I’m gonna work some magic,” Sojin promised, “And get this pamphlet into your parents’ hands. With any luck, and trust me I have luck in spades, we’ll have you on a bus to Dark Lake by the end f the week.”

“Dark Lake?” Kyungsoo asked, “what’s that?”

“A good place,” Sojin assured him, “a place for supernaturals like us to be safe and ourselves.”

A/N: and that, darlings, is how Kyungsoo was turned. I’ll be honest, adding in Keumjo and Sojin of Nine Muses was a total spur of the moment thing, but I’m really happy. Oh and, um, Keumjo and Sojin (and maybe the other Nine Muses members if I feel I can fit them in) might pop up in the main story so…….if you read this you’re not gonna be going “who the is this? How do they know D.O?” when they do.