Special Chapter 20 - Hongbin

Dark Lake Academy - EXTRAS

“Hyung,” Hyuk called, “hurry up. We’re going to be late.”

“I’m coming,” Hongbin yelled back, running to keep up with the younger. The sad thing – in Hongbin’s mind anyway – was that Hyuk wasn’t even running and he was having problems keeping up. Hyuk just seemed to be so much faster the past couple of years, yet it was only Ken and Hongbin who seemed to have problems with it. come to think of it, Ravi, Leo, and N seemed to be pretty fast, too. Just like Hyuk, they didn’t even half to be running to leave Hongbin and Ken in the dust.

Those thoughts were quickly forgotten about when Hyuk tripped. The younger hadn’t been paying much attention to the stairs he was on and missed one of the steps. This sent him tumbling down the carpeted, wooden staircase. Hongbin rushed to his brother’s side and the younger clutched his arm in pain.

“Hyuk!” Hongbin cried, trying to figure out what to do, “where does it hurt?”

“My arm,” Hyuk said, trying not to cry even though the intense pain was enough to drive many others to tears.

Hongbin gently touched Hyuk’s arm, trying to figure out what had happened. as he felt along the length of Hyuk’s arm, Hongbin could swear he felt some kind of energy flowing through his own arms and into Hyuk’s arm. But that couldn’t be true, it was probably just a hallucination of some kind brought on by his wish to help Hyuk.

“Everything feel ok now, hyung,” Hyuk suddenly said, “I must not have done anything to serious. I must have just hit my funny bone or something like that.” Hongbin nodded, but a small part of him wasn’t convinced. That part of him knew that he had healed Hyuk’s arm.

--

“Get away,” one of Hongbin’s classmates said, pushing him into a wall, “no one likes you, orphan. Even your own parents didn’t like you. why don’t you just die?”

Hongbin just silently took the abuse, just like he always did. This time, however, he noticed something different. It was like he could feel the emotions of the boy, he could feel his sadness.

“You’re upset about something,” Hongbin said without thinking, “you’re really sad.”

The other kid froze for a moment before lashing out again. This time he through Hongbin to the ground and kicked him, calling Hongbin a freak. A teacher entered the hall and saw what was happening, quickly moving to catch the boy before calling another teacher to help Hongbin.

That was how Hongbin ended up in the office of the school councillor. The boy had admitted to picking on Hongbin before and the teachers, concerned for Hongbin’s mental health, decided he should talk about it with someone. A professional. The woman was good, Hongbin gave her that. She’d gotten him to tell her about how he seemed to be able to feel other people’s emotions lately, something he hadn’t even admitted to his friends yet. He didn’t think anything of it until he was told that he would be attending Dark Lake Academy, a school for troubled kids, the following year.

A/N: And that’s how Hongbin got his sent to Dark Lake. Plus his first use of his healing powers to start things off (since otherwise this would be a little too short).