Special Chapter 17 - Kris

Dark Lake Academy - EXTRAS

The little dragon boy growled deep in his throat. He might only be four, but he could scare a lot of the grown-ups in the building with a simple glare. Most of those adults hoped that they wouldn’t have to be around when he grew up. He would be a real monster then.

“Yifan,” one of the female ISBIP agents frowned at him, “you know that isn’t nice. You have to be nice to the new girl or she isn’t going to want to be your friend.”

“I like Kris,” Kris pouted, “call me Kris.” He hated his birth name. It reminded him of his parents who’d given him away.

 However, Kris did stop growling. He liked the female agent. She was nice and didn’t treat him like he was a freak. It was a shame that she was going to retire soon, he would miss her a lot when she was gone. He also didn’t want this ‘new girl’ to be his friend. He didn’t need friends. He didn’t want her around either because that would be just one more person to look at him like he was a monster.

“Fine,” the woman rolled her eyes playfully, “Kris. But you still have to be nice to Sori. She’s like you.”

“A dragon?” Kris tried not to let the little bubble of hope he felt creep into his voice.

“She’s a shifter like me,” the woman explained, “but she developed early like you. Her parents gave her up just like yours.”

“Oh,” Kris frowned slightly.

He’d never met someone like him before. The only other kids in the ISBIP’s foster care system were supernatural kids who ended up with human parents that couldn’t – or wouldn’t – take care of them once their supernatural nature became too obvious to hide. Plus, they were all way older then him so he couldn’t really talk to them. this new girl……she might understand him. He might be able to be friends with her.

“Hello?” a little girl of about four said, peeking into the room from behind the door, “um, I was told to come here. My name is Sori. Song Sori.”

“I’m nice to meet you Sori,” the woman smiled, “come in. this is Wu Yifan, but he likes to be called Kris.”

“H-Hello,” Sori said, looking down nervously, “I’m Sori.”

“Kris,” Kris said. He paused for a moment, unsure of what to do next before holding out the stuffed dragon that the female agent had given him.

“what to play dragons?”

A/N: and that is the – short – tale of how Kris and Sori met. It’s sweet, right?