Special Chapter 12 - Sehun

Dark Lake Academy - EXTRAS

Sehun had thought that coming to Dark Lake Academy would make his life better. He was just so sick of his parents and how they viewed his power. Sure, talking to dead people was creepy – he would admit that. But to act like it was some kind of horrible curse? If the necro blood was a little stronger on in his parents, they wouldn’t even be having that conversation because they would see ghosts, too.

But it didn’t run strong in them so he was alone.

At school, things were even worse.

At least at home his parents would mostly ignore his gift. At school it was all the other kids seemed to want to talk about. Considering some of their gifts, he found it kind of rich that they deemed him the freak. So he could talk to ghosts? So what? It wasn’t like he had wings coming out of his back or fire balls that could be blasted out of his mouth.

But no, he was the freak and it seemed like everyone treated him that way.

So Sehun did what he’d always done growing up. He talked to his ghosts. When the living rejected him, he turned to the dead. They always wanted to talk to him, to be around him. Sehun was never lonely with the dead keeping him company.

The dead liked this arrangement, too. It was rare to find a necro who didn’t mind their visits, so they took full advantage of it when they found one. It didn’t matter what time they stopped by – one in the morning or ten fifty seven at night – Sehun would always talk to them and try to help when he could.

His old roommates, however, minded this a great deal. When a ghost shows up, they turn the air around them ice cold. For more sensitive supernaturals – mostly werewolves, shifters, and vampires – they could even smell the scent of death coming off of the ghost. Thus, Sehun’s old roommates could always tell when a ghost was there and they did not like it. At all.

Since Sehun was clearly not going to stop – he couldn’t even if he wanted to – the others all transferred to different rooms. Thus, Sehun was all alone in his dorm. He hadn’t minded during his first year at Dark Lake – he’d had roommates for a little over half the year before everyone started to refuse Minji’s kind requests to room with him – but during his second year that he started to notice just how alone he was. He looked around and saw everyone else had friends to talk to, but he just had his ghosts.

Well, he had Minji but he wasn’t sure if she counted. She was the principal and owner of the school, she tried to make everyone feel happy and comfortable so of course she’d try to do the same for him.

“I wonder if I should leave,” Sehun said to his current ghost while eating dinner in his room.

No,” the ghost replied, “you should stay here. This place is safe for you. You’ll make friends, just don’t lose hope. Please don’t lose hope, Oh Sehun.”

“Fine,” Sehun gave in. His ghosts didn’t lie to him – they liked him too much. So if this ghost said he should stick around, he would give it another year.

Besides, here he didn’t have to hide what he was. If he was sitting alone in the cafeteria, he could talk to one of his ghosts and no one called him crazy or made jokes about the asylum letting their patients out. If he left, he would have to go to human school and they would call him crazy and all those other things. And they would beat him up, too. He knew that from experience.

A/N: awww, poor Sehun. Don’t worry guys, you know he ended up rooming with Kai, Tao, and D.O later on. This is, like, a prequel to that. He only started rooming with them after D.O came to Dark Lake and right now it’s just Kai (who started the year before Sehun) and Tao (who came the year after)