Special Chapter 11 - Luhan

Dark Lake Academy - EXTRAS

Luhan was sitting in the common area of his dorm, just looking out the window with a blank look on his face. Today, two of his roommates had changed rooms because they were sick of him denying what he was. They found it insulting and infuriating, so they went to Minji and demanded a new room.

Luhan wondered how long before his third roommate called it quits.

“Don’t look so down.”

Speak of the devil. There was his last roommate, Kris.

“I’m not a supernatural,” Luhan said as Kris dropped into the open seat beside him.

“And I never said you were,” Kris shrugged, “if you really wanna think you’re sick in the head, be my guest. It’s not my problem.”

“Then why does everyone else think it’s their problem?” Luhan asked.

“Because to us, you aren’t crazy,” Kris shrugged, “you’re a fae.”

“But I’m not!” Luhan cried, “I’m normal!”

“Whatever,” Kris shrugged, “keep telling yourself that, but I can assure you that I’m not the one levitating the couch right now.”

Luhan gasped, looking down just and the couch hit the floor with a loud bang. While Luhan freaked out, Kris silently wished for him to shut up. The dragon might say that Luhan’s denial wasn’t a big deal, but after a while it did start to annoy him.

“Look,” Kris finally snapped, “you believe that I’m a dragon, you’ve seen my wings and everything. You believe that fallen and werewolves and shifters and all that exist. So why is it so hard to think you could be one of us? Why are you so against being something special? Why do you want to be just a regular, normal human so damn badly?”

“You aren’t special!” Luhan yelled, “as far as any human is conserved, you’re a freak! A monster! Something that belongs in a zoo or a government lab! I don’t want to be like you!”

“Well tough,” Kris growled, “because you are like me. Like us. You’re just as much of a freak as the rest of us.”

Kris stormed out and Luhan dropped his head into his hands. He’d really messed up now hadn’t he? Kris had been really nice to him and what did he do? He tossed that back in the dragon’s face and called him a freak. He knew for sure that Kris was gonna leave now and Luhan would be all alone. It was his own fault, he couldn’t blame anyone else for this.

“Oh,” he turned to find Sori, one of Kris’ friends, standing at the door, “Kris is gone. You wouldn’t happen to know where he went, would you?”

“Away from me,” Luhan replied, letting himself wallow in self-pity.

“You still don’t think you’re a fae?” Sori raised an eyebrow, making her way over to Luhan, “I don’t understand why you’re so against it.”

“I want to be normal,” Luhan admitted, “for my dad. If I’m not normal, he’ll reject me. He already has another kid with my stepmom. I know she’d like it if I was out of the picture.”

“My parents rejected me when I got my powers,” Sori told him, “it was under different circumstances, but the idea is the same. Someone who is supposed to love you abandons you because you can’t be what they want you to be.”

“How do you deal with it?” Luhan asked, “How does that not destroy you?”

“I made a new family,” she shrugged, “one with Kris, Hyuna, and Yuri. Then we added Hyoyeon and Jessica. Chen, Kai, and Xiumin are becoming part of our family, too. No matter what, we love each other and we’ll never reject each other.”

“I want that,” he told her, “I want a family that will accept me even if I don’t meet their expectation. Even if I fail, they’ll still love me.”

“Then accept what you are,” Sori shrugged, “start making friends. Make that family that you want so badly.”

Luhan considered her words. Slowly, hesitantly, he reached out his hand and willed the potted plant by the window to rise. There was a short pause before to pot did what he wanted. Luhan waved his hand about and the pot followed the motion until he was satisfied and set it down.

“I’m a fae,” Luhan said, a small smile starting to form on his face. He felt so good saying it. he suddenly felt whole, like accepting that part of himself was enough to make him a complete person or something.

“Now you just need to go out and find some friends,” Sori said, patting his shoulder, “feel free to join our group for lunch tomorrow so you aren’t sitting alone.”

Luhan did join their group for lunch the next day. And the day after that, too. It wasn’t long before he was sitting with the group during class, too. For their part, the others accepted him with open arms. Luhan felt loved and accepted while he was with these new friends and that was a feeling he wouldn’t give up for anything, even his father’s love and acceptance.

A/N: And that’s how LuLu came into the picture. KandaSayori5076, you asked for Luhan and Tao so here's one of them! i should have a Tao special chapter done for next weekend