Special Chapter 1 - Chen

Dark Lake Academy - EXTRAS

Chen’s real name was Jongdae.

It was given to him by his mother.

Jongdae lost his mother the day he was born.

The doctors had warned her when she got pregnant that there was a very high chance that she and/or Jongdae would die during birth. They classed his a ‘high risk’ pregnancy. But his mother wanted him so badly that she took the chance. His father was very against the idea of going through with the pregnancy; he didn’t want to lose his beloved wife. But she was able to convince him to go along with her wishes.

Everything was fine until the birth started.

The doctor said he was completely healthy, but his mother was so weak and she wouldn’t stop bleeding. Before she even got to see her child’s face, she was gone. All Jongdae ever got from her was his name; Jongdae. Jongdae hated that he never got to know the beautiful person that was his mother. For many years, he’d go to sleep crying as he wished with all his heart to be able to meet her just once.

His father didn’t make things any better. His father blamed Jongdae for the loss of his wife. Maybe that was why he was so quick to find  and impregnate his second wife; he wanted a new child. A better child. One that wouldn’t ‘steal’ the life of his wife by being born.

Jongdae’s stepmother seemed to realize this. Maybe that was why she tried to be a good mother to Jongdae, to make up for all the hate he received from his father. In her eyes, Chen had done nothing wrong. Nature or fate was to blame, not the sweet little boy she saw who received more attention from the maids then his father. Jongdae was only two for goodness sake and no two year old should have to experience such hate. And thanks to the quick development of werewolf children, Jongdae was well aware of all of it.

When Jongdae’s stepmother told him he was going to be a big brother, he didn’t know what to feel. Happy? Sad? He was aware that having a brother would take his father’s attention off of him. That was a good thing. But would it always take away his stepmother’s attention? Would she stop loving him and give all of her attention to her new child? His father seemed to think so, he said as much at dinner once, and Jongdae started to hate the unborn baby.

His life already so much, why did this baby have to be born and make it worse? Jongdae didn’t want to lose his stepmother. She was the only one in the whole house who loved him. Sure the maids would do things for him like feed him or help him get dressed, but they didn’t show him love and affection. Some of them even openly showed their disdain for him. Because of this baby, he was going to be left with just that; disdain.

He wished again and again that the baby would never be born. That way things wouldn’t change. But his wishes went unanswered and he soon had a little brother living down the hall from his room. A little baby that his father wouldn’t stop bragging about. A little baby who all the staff gushed over. A little baby who had already gotten more love in a few weeks then Jongdae had gotten in his whole life.

“Jongdae?” his stepmother called to him, “can you come here please?”

With slow, reluctant steps Jongdae walked into the nursery.

“Yes?” he asked, looking around at all the bright colours and soft baby toys. Had his room when he was a baby looked like this? Stupid question, of course it hadn’t. Why would his father waste his hard earned money on the child he believed killed his first wife?

“Come see your little brother,” she smiled, waving him over.

Again, Jongdae was slow to make his way over.

“His name is Jongin,” the proud new mother smiled down at the baby in her arms, lowering him just enough for Jongdae to see, “Jongin, meet your big brother.”

“He’s so small,” Jongdae noted, looking down. Was he this small when he was born?

“That’s because he’s just a baby,” she said, “he’s going to be for a while. That’s why he needs a big brother to protect him.”

“What?” Jongdae looked up in surprise. Protect this baby? Wasn’t this the kid who was going to take away the only person who loved him? Why would he protect that?

“Jongin is going to need you,” she told him, “and you’re going to need him. You might be half-brothers by blood, but I know you’re going to be closer than any full blood brothers in the world.”

“Why should I?” Jongdae frowned, “he’s going to take you away. Then I’m going to all alone like I was before dad brought you home.”

“Silly boy,” she smiled, “you’re my son just as much and Jongin is. In my eyes anyway. I could never stop loving you. I’ll always love you. You and Jongin. And you don’t just have me, you have Jongin to love you, too. Look he’s smiling at you. That means he likes you already.”

Jongdae looked down. Sure enough, Jongin was smiling up at him. Jongin loved him? He had two people who loved him? Jongdae found himself smiling down at his baby brother.

“I love him too,” Jongdae proclaimed, looking back up at his stepmother, “I’ll be the best big brother ever and protect him from everything!”

“My two perfect boys,” she smiled at the two children, “my wonderful, beautiful, prefect boys. I know you’ll both be great men when you grow up.”

A mother always expects her children to do great things. but this mother knew for a fact that her boys were going to do the greatest of things.

A/N: so, I thought I’d give you guys a bit of insight into the rest of my cast since I really only focus on Sori, N, and Ravi (along with a little Kris time thrown in there). It seems like I forget most of my cast is even there half the time, so this is my way of making up for that. To start things off: little Chen with a bit of baby Kai! Poor Chen, his dad it a major jerk!! But we should have known that already from parents’ day.

Anyone got a request for who they want to see next? I’m planning to do at least one special chapter for each cast member (some might get two depending on what kind of inspiration strikes me), so everyone will get a turn. Meaning that just because I don’t put out a special chapter for who you requested right away, it doesn’t mean it’s not gonna happen at all. It will happen, just might take a few weeks.

You can pick from any member of my cast list. Meaning if you guys wanna learn a little more about, ikd, Jihu then just ask and I’ll deliver a special chapter all about him. And if there is, like, a specific point in time that you want the special chapter to focus on, tell me. If you guys want to know how Baekhyun and Chanyeol became friends or how Suho and Kris became ISBIP members, just ask and I’ll see what I can do. Only characters I’m not going to do anything for are Sori, N, and Ravi. They have a whole story about them, so I don’t think they really need a special chapter. Note: that doesn’t mean they aren’t going to show up here, it just means that they aren’t gonna be the focus point.