Side Effect

A Twisted Fate

Chapter 25 - Side Effect

The doctor arrived and did scans for Yoomi. He then talk to Jinyoung outside.

"What happen to Yoomi? Did she have amnesia?" Jinyoung asked.

"Something worse than that." The doctor said.

Jinyoung's heart sank.

"W-What happen to her?" Jinyoung asked, trying to control his tears from falling.

"She have lost her memory. But not only that. She seems to be returning back to her child self. I believe.." The doctor paused.

Jinyoung waited for the doctor.

"She chose to lost her memory." The doctor finally said.

Jinyoung let out a cold laugh.

"How could she? She was in coma. S-Such things d-don't happen right? A-Are you kidding with me?" Jinyoung asked, unable to believe what the doctor had just said.

"Such things do happen, Mr. Jung. Maybe something happen to her before she woke up. Perhaps something that she heard. Or even before the accidents. That changes her mind of waking up. And when she woke up, she wants to escape the reality. So she.." The doctor sighed and patted Jinyoung's shoulder.

He then left, leaving Jinyoung outside Yoomi's ward.

"It can't possibly happen.. Right?" He asked himself as he wiped away his tears.

He re-entered the ward by forcing a smile face.

"Jinyoung oppa. Let's watch powerpuff girl together!" Yoomi smiled.

"Yoomi, can I ask you something?" Jinyoung said after a moment of silence.

"Neh, oppa." Yoomi looked at him.

"How old are you?" Jinyoung mustered his courage and asked.

"I'm 10 of course!" Yoomi smiled.

Jinyoung turned his head as another drop of tear rolled down his cheek. Yoomi went back to 10years old. The year that she told Jinyoung she like the best. When everything is all good and well. And even when she lost her memory, she want to go back to 10years old. The best moment of her life.

"Oppa, when can I leave this place?" Yoomi asked.

"Yoomi, do you still remember who is Youngmin?" Jinyoung asked, not facing Yoomi.

"Youngmin? Who is he?" She asked, smiling.

Jinyoung then left the ward. He dialed to Youngmin. This time round he finally picked up his phone.

"Yes, Jinyoung? I'm picking a wedding dress for Jessica." Youngmin sighed from the other end of the phone.

"Yoomi woke up." Jinyoung said.

"Really?! How is she? Is she okay? Her hearing? Is it all okay and fine? Did she talk about me? Did she ask anything about Jessica?" Youngmin questioned, all the questions coming out like a bullet gun from his mouth.

"She woke up. The doctor said she had chose to lose all her memory. She is now back to 10years old. I don't know what happen in the ward, perhaps the conversation of you and Jessica were heard by her." Jinyoung said.

After buying a drink for himself, he entered the ward, still talking to Youngmin.

"W-What? Jinyoung, stop playing around. It's not funny okay. I can't handle so many blows in just a short period of time." Youngmin laughed awkwardly, hoping that everything was just a joke.

"It isn't a joke, Youngmin. Anyway, how's Jessica?" Jinyoung asked.

When Yoomi heard the name Jessica, she screamed. As if she was being possessed, she screamed and kicked off her blanket. Jinyoung put down his phone and calm her down.

"YOOMI! GET A GRIP OF YOURSELF! GET A GRIP!" Jinyoung grabbed her.

"UNNIE!! I'M SORRY, UNNIE!" Yoomi screamed.

"I'm here, oppa is here for you. Oppa is here." Jinyoung hugged Yoomi close to him.

"Oppa! Oppa!" Yoomi cried.

Everything was back to before, when Yoomi only had Jinyoung and Jinyoung only have Yoomi.

"I'm here for you, forever." He said.

_____________________________________

Author Note :

Imma end this asap! ~