Ramyeon and Him

Do You Know Heartstring?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week passed without any trouble for Kyuwon, and never even once coincidentally met Lee Shin when she's going out for an errand. Although she feel relieve she dont have to facing the ever so arrogant Shin, but she still keep stealing glance at his house, wondering what is he doing.

"Kyuwon-ah let's go! What are you doing that took you so long?" Grandpa called her from outside.

"Ne!!" Kyuwon hastyly run to him with bag dragged on the floor. She sit down as she put on her shoes.

"Ck. Lee Kyuwon I told you to dress beautifully why are you such a mess?"

"Eh? Ne?" She looked up.

"Dress beautifully! We will meet special family from a friend of mine, you should be pretty and elegant." Grandpa said. "Wear hanbok!"

"NEEE??????"

**

Another Lee family were having a nice dinner at a restaurant. They sit at the table next to window so they can get the view outside. Dinner outside once in a week have been their habit since their father still alive. It was his idea to make the family closer despite their own busy schedules. After the father passed away, they didnt do it again for almost five months because still in the mourning, and dont wanna feeling more down because there's one empty chair between them.

"It's been two years since he passed away." Eomma said while looking outside, reminisence.

"I miss appa." Junghyun said. "Keundae eomma... wont you get married again?"

Eomma and Shin look at Junghyun at the same time.

"Ya! Watch out your mouth." Shin hissed.

"Waee? I feel sad eomma have to work two times harder than before. I cant even hang out with eomma anymore. She always busy working. If we have new appa, eomma will work less and have more time to stay at home."

Eomma smiled and patted Junghyun's head.

"I'm working now. Dont worry. Eomma can reduce her work and stay at home leisurely with you." Shin said.

"Work? What are you doing? Oppa do you mean working is earn money from your band performance?" Junghyun stared at him doubtly.

Shin stare back at her straight to her eyes. "What's wrong with that? Arent you always ask for money from me? That money I gave you I earned with the band."

Junghyun pouted. "But it's not that much tho."

"Ofcourse I wont give you a lot because you only know how to spend it. You should learn to save your money too Junghyun-ah." Shin snapped.

Junghyun leaned her back to the chair and linked her hand to eomma's. "Look eomma, oppa always insult me like that." 

Eomma giggled. "Shin-ah..."

Shin continue eat his food nonchalantly.

Eomma smiled at his attitude. She released a breath before ask Shin seriously. "Shin-ah..."

"Oh?" He replied without take his eyes off of the food.

"Is that really how you feel?" Eomma ask.

Shin look up to see his mom. "Mwoga?"

"You dont want a new appa? Do you mind if eomma get married again?"

Shin was taken aback. He staring at his eomma confusedly without says anything. 

Meanwhile Junghyun looks so excited and curious. "Eomma you have a boyfriend? Who is it? When will you introduce him to me?"

Eomma smiled. "There's someone special actually. An old friend of mine. We met again at a musical trip last year. I was there as representative from our magazine. While he was representative from his school."

"He's a teacher?" Junghyun's eyes delated excitedly.

"Ne. A music teacher in Namyangju." Eomma said.

Shin sighed. "Are you serious with him? Its only two years after appa left us. Dont you think its too early to start a new relationship again?" He gritted his teeth as he ask.

"Oppa you're so childish." Junghyun chidded.

Shin glared at Junghyun. He leaned forward to wishper. "Baby better shut ."

Junghyun jaw dropped. "Eomma! Oppa told me to shut up!!"

Eomma chuckled. "Shin-ah dont bully your sister. You dont have to worry. Even though it's been a year since our meeting, eomma and him just barely talk to each other couple months ago. We're not in level of planning to re-married yet. Gokjongma."

Shin press his lips tightly. He nodded. "Arasseo. Mian. I'm just not ready for new dad."

"Arasseo. Eomma always think about you both. Remember it, ok?!" Eomma said.

"I know it. Saranghae eomma." Junghyun leaned her head to eomma's shoulder.

Shin smiled upon Junghyun's aegyo. He drink his water before asking for permission to going first. "We'll have a live acoustic at a cafe near home. Maybe I'll be back around midnight. You can sleep first, dont wait for me eomma."

"Ok. Be careful Shin-ah." Eomma said.

"Earn more money oppa. You have to feed me." Junghyun said cheerfully.

"Aahh~~ you're so noisy." Shin smile even though he pretend to angry at her. "I'm going. See you later." He said as he walked away.

**

"Harabeoji. Who is that someone special you talk about? Why should I wear hanbok just to meet them?" Kyuwon asked while struggling to walk normally inside the super long and wide hanbok. 

Grandpa choose that hanbok for her said that it looks good like the one often wear by crown princess in Joseon era. Even so, she actually already have her own choice, a knee length with sheer material covering it until her ankle. 

“Harabeoji don’t walk too fast. It’s hard to walk with this clothes. And...” Kyuwon lowered her head, “it’s embarassing.”

“Why embarassing? Really, youngster these days dont have pride for traditional culture. You should have proud with that hanbok. It’s our national treasure.” Grandpa whinned without stop walking.

“Ani... people keep on looking at me weirdly. Besides, it’s so absurd walking on the street with hanbok.” Kyuwon pouted, still unable to raise her head.

“Your personality is really poor, Lee Kyuwon!” Grandpa snapped carelessly.

Kyuwon pout her lips even more. Staring at grandpa’s back figure spitefully. Her mind is full of anger and upset. Because of too focus on her feelings, she lose her balance, her feet trip over the hanbok and make her fall to the ground. She’s flaberglasted. Not only because of the embarassment, when she fell she feels like heard a ripped sound, though she wasn’t sure about that.

“Aigo~ Lee Kyuwon!” Grandpa shook his head, only looking at his granddaughter on the ground without any move to help her.

People around t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter