The Irresistable Gentlemen

Do You Know Heartstring?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuwon barely escape from the zombies and king Lee Shin, but now she have to face another trouble. Kiyeong’s smell makes her head dizzy. She didn’t remember his perfume smell this strong before. He must be change it somehow.

Kyuwon knock on Kiyeong’s chest. “You can let me go now.” Or I could faint by smelling your scent.

Kiyeong sighs. As if he feels hard to release her from his embrace. “You owe me.” He grin as he walks ahead.

Didn’t ask for your help. Kyuwon rolls her eyes. She follows him come out from they hideout. She’s never been in that area, that’s why she decide to go with Kiyeong until they arrive somewhere she’s familiar. But Kiyeong kinda piss her off. He’s really talks a lot. He keeps trying to charm her with his cute eye smile. In an instance, Kyuwon find out that his family’s principle is similiar with grandpa, no wonder he likes them so much. But Kiyeong is ain’t like her who follow whatever the family wants her to be. Kiyeong fight for his dream to be a musical actor. Even though he has to sacrifice his time by having double degree just so his family allow him to be serious doing his hobby.

“What about you? Is there anything you likes other than play traditional music?” He asks.

Kyuwon shrugs her shoulder. “I don’t know.”

Kiyeong chuckles. “Really? You’re not interested in other things?”

“Boys?” She raise her chin up to appear as arrogant as she could.

Kiyeong laugh by her remark. He knows it was a joke, but he can’t help to go with her flow and act as if he believe her. “You must be dating a lot.”

She smirk. “Well. It’s hard to reject confessions sometimes.” What am I braging about? I’ve never dated anyone in my life.

“Wow. I’m suprised. But I can see where it comes from.”

“What do you mean?” She feels somewhat offended even though she knows he just joking around.

“I mean, because you’re quite attractive.” He says with a sincere smile.

Kyuwon feels her cheek blushing. She looks away and faking a laugh. Doesn’t know how to reply. It’s like an attack straight to her head. She’s knock off.

“Urm... may I ask you something?” Kiyeong lower his tone as if doesn’t want anyone to overhear.

“Ne?” She looks at him on guard. “Like... like what?”

“Just something trivial.” He looks around, obviously doesn’t want anyone to hear. “Do you close with The Stupid?”

“Sorry?” Kyuwon thought she’ve heard it wrong.

“You seems close with them. People talks about you and The Stupid yesterday. Some of them even think you’re dating Lee Shin.”

“NE??”

“You haven’t heard?” Kiyeong frown. “I think that’s the other reason why people chasing you. If it was solely because of the announcement Lee Shin made, those crazy kids won’t be so eager to catch you. The reward is only a selfie, why do you think they tried so hard like that? Be careful, you might be bullied if you get any closer to them. Their followers are sick.”

Kyuwon thinking hard, consider what he says. It makes sense for her since she doesn’t understand yet the value of The Stupid. She doesn’t know there’re a lot of girls at the campus will do anything to be friend of them. They could post the selfie in social media and pretending to be close with The Stupid.

“Kyuwon eonnie!!”

“Aaaargh!” Kyuwon’s heart about to fall of it’s place when Junhee jump at her out of no where.

“Eonnie! I was looking for you.” He hold her hand casually. “Let’s go. We have something good for you to hear. I swear it’s reeeeeally ear catchy.”

“Wait.” Kiyeong hold Junhee’s hand to stop him. “You should ask her consent before that. Isn’t it impolite to just drag her hand without let her says what she thinks?”

Kyuwon frown at Kiyeong. I think you did the same a while ago. You even hug me and make me sniffing your unbearable scent.

Junhee release Kyuwon’s hand and look down. “I’m sorry, eonnie. I’m too excited to see you. I didn’t mean to hurt you.”

Kyuwon feels pity at Junhee. Look at him! So cute and innosence. How can someone have a heart to scold a adorable creature like him? Her heart melted by Junhee’s cuteness. “No, it’s okay, Junhee. I’m not hurt at all.”

Junhee look up and grinning widely. He clearly satisfied with her reply.

Kyuwon look at Kiyeong and says, “Thanks for your help. I’ll buy you meals someday.”

Kiyeong smile bitterly. He knows Kyuwon have fallen for that kid’s cute act. It won’t be easy to make her stay and talking more with him.

“Then I’ll go with Junhee. See you next time.” Kyuwon smile at him before walk away with Junhee.

“Ok.” Kiyeong sighs. He take out his phone to call his mom. “How about diner? Is the plan all set? Sure, eomma. I’ll stay this time. I’ll make her come, don’t worry. There won’t be another accident. Trust me.”

**

“So what is it, Junhee-sshi? Why do you guys want to see me?” Kyuwon asks on the way to studio.

Junhee put a face. “Eonnie, can you talk casually with me? I don’t like people call me ‘–sshi’. It put distance between us.”

Kyuwon chuckle. “Ok. I’m sorry... Junhee-ya.”

Junhee hug Kyuwon’s arm happyly. “Gomawo~”

“But can I know, why do you always call me ‘eonnie’ instead of ‘noona’? How old are you?” She immediately add. “If you don’t mind to tell me, of course.”

Junhee looks up to choose the word to explain. “I don’t know myself.” He mumble.

Kyuwon furrow her eyebrow. “You don’t know your age?”

Junhee turn his head to her, they’re quiet when their eyes meet as if they do a staring contest. Because no one talk or look away, the situation become funny to them. They burst out in laugh for no exact reason. In an intance they’re closer and comfortable with each other. He confess that he’s a 20 years old much to her surprise. They’re same age but he looks younger than her, and apparently he have habit to call anyone ‘eonnie’ and ‘hyung’ to respect them even if they’re same age with him. He alone doesn’t understand the reason for him doing that, but he claim that he can’t avoid it. He feels awful if he doesn’t address people properly even though they don’t mind with him being casual.

“Eonnie, would you be my friend?” He looks sad all of sudden. “I don’t have friend from female population.”

Kyuwon’s eyes close tightly as she try to restrain herself from laughing out loud. Female population? What kind of term is that?

Junhee pouted. They arrive at the studio, he stand in front of the door to block the entry. “Eonnie, why aren’t you answer me? You don’t want to be my friend? Am I not cool enough to hang out with you?”

Kyuwon put her fist in front of so she wont laugh at him. She smile and constantly nodding. “Let’s be friends...”

“Jinjja?” His eyes delated and mouth open forming a wide smile. Big glasses, messy hair, cute eyes, on top of that he showing off his front teeth in a silly way, all that combination makes him looks like Simon the chipmunk from Alvin and The Chipmunks franchise.

He’s so adorable, Kyuwon can’t refrain herself from pinching his cheeks playfully. Junhee doesn’t seems to mind with her mischievous hands. Kyuwon doesn’t have siblings, making friends with Yeo Junhee sounds like adopting a little brother instead of colleague.

The door behind Junhee open by Shin. He stare at them in a way daddy caught his children fooling around when they suppose to sleep. Far behind him, inside the studio, Wonbin shrugging his shoulder and dancing on his feet. His body gets energetic by seeing Kyuwon  appear before his eyes

“You don’t plan to go inside, do you?” Shin hissed.

“Hyung!” Junhee embrace Kyuwon by her shoulder. “Me and Kyuwon eonnie are friends now.”

“Very good. Come in.” Shin turn around, acting nonchalant of Junhee’s announcement.

Kyuwon frown at him. Feeling bad witnessing the ever so arrogant Lee Shin ignore her new besties. She pouted at Shin but she saw Junhee walks tiptoeing to the studio and hug Shin from behind to tell a joke. Shin smirk at that boy and pat his head. At one point, Kyuwon amazed with the view in front of her. She let her feet bring her closer to them as her eyes witnessing The Stupid laughing at each other jokes. It’s not make a fun of one of the member like she’ve seen before, this they really bonding in the same jokes.

Bromance is so cute.

“UGH!! Dammit! Look at me I’m a mess―” Sehyun freeze at the door when he see Kyuwon there. He looks in disarray like he got into a fight. Hair stick out all over his head, his t-shirt looks like a worn out clothes revealing his left shoulder.

The Stupid and Kyuwon all laughing at him without mercy.

Sehyun doesn’t pay attention, he pointing at Kyuwon. “How did she got here? Was somebody brought her here after getting the reward?”

“No. Junhee drag her.” Shin says while move to tune his guitar.

“No, no. I didn’t drag her. She came by her own feet freely and leisurely. Right, eonnie?” Junhee feels the urge to make Shin’s words clear. ‘Drag’ is a harsh word for him. He wouldn’t dare to drag anyone even if needed.

Sehyun whizzed. He glare at Kyuwon as he pass by to his seat. “Do you know the hard time I had just to get you come to us?” He lift his bass as high as his chest and aim it’s neck to Shin as if it’s a gun, pretending threaten to shoot the leader for the misery he got through. “And you, Lee Shin, you have to pay for the trouble those people gave me.”

Wonbin stand behind Sehyun and pull Sehyun’s t-shirt to his arm like an off-shoulder dress, make his left shoulder more barer. “Hey, y. Want to have a drink with oppa?”

Sehyun peevishly pull up his t-shirt. “How dare you? You’re not my level. Go away to your planet. Tch!”

Wonbin squeeze his chest and fall backward to his seat. “That’s stab my heart like samurai’s sword.”

“Shut up. All sit down!” Shin going to scold them but end up chuckle at how obedient his friends are. “That’s right. We only have twenty minutes left to use this studio. Let’s start seduce her before we running out of time.”

Kyuwon taken aback. “Se-seduce me? What do you mean?”

Junhee take a chair from the corner of the room, he tell her to sit down and listen well. Kyuwon wants to run away immediatly but she can’t help to curious at their plan and why do they think they can seduce her?

Shin looks around to do eye contact with the band who already settle in their position. They don’t sit like they used to do when rehearsal. Those who play guitars and bass are standing behind the mike like they’re on stage. Junhee hits the cymbal as the starter, and the music harmonized in a melody Kyuwon never heard before from The Stupid. She remember when Windflowers girls talked about the songs the band ever covered consist of upbeat piece from popular bands.

She likes to hear this kind of song. It’s not pierce uncomfortably into her ears, instead the combination of Shin’s acoustic guitar and his husky voice makes her heart feels at ease. She can’t take her eyes off of Lee Shin’s hands movement. She feels her body relaxing and peaceful. Little did she knows, this song was made from her sweet lullaby at the seashore few weeks ago. She was the muse for Shin to wrote this music and lyric.

The Stupid end the song with anticipation and expectation. They stare intently at Kyuwon waiting for her opinion. She’s a bit bothered that the song ended she have to back to reality. She loathly at the peaceful moment that floating in her chest have to snatched away.

“How do you like it?” Shin asks in the band behalf.

She rub her sweaty palms on top of her lap. “I think... it doesn’t sounds like The Stupid.” She shrugg off. “As far as I know, you guys plays rock song. This one is... urm... I mean, a bit different.”

“Which is suit us better? Our previous play or this one?” Shin asks again.

Kyuwon looks away to the view outside the window to avoid eye contact and get more nervous. “I don’t know.”

“Just be honest. We’ll accept it humbly.” Wonbin says.

“Well,” she gulps hard, “I prefer this one.”

“Really?” Sehyun clasp his hands enthusiasticaly, while Junhee stand up abruptly from his seat.

“Would you like to sing it?” Shin asks while approach her.

“What?” She looks up, shooting Shin indisbelief gaze.

“Come on.” He give her a sincere smile for the first time ever.

“Are you crazy?” Her face turn red, she’s about to choke when Shin kneeling in front of her while head facing his friends behind.

“Are we sounds like joking?” He asks The Stupid instead of Kyuwon.

“Maybe she have a faith disorder.” Wonbin says in a straight face.

“No way!” Junhee shriek. “Eonnie, are you sick?”

Sehyun stomp his feet as he laughs. “Babo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter