The Fool

Do You Know Heartstring?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The door to Windflowers practice room slowly swing open before Dokmi's head appears with an awkward grin on her face.

"We have visitors." She mumbles to the girls. "Can they get in?"

"What?" Kyuwon frowns as she can't really hear what Dokmi said.

"Why are you wishpering like that?" Bowoon gets up to Dokmi and check out what is wrong with her. But the next thing happen is the visitors push the door wider revealing their faces who looks excited and curious to know about this department.

Bowoon taken aback and stop walking for feeling surprise. Kyuwon choke on her own saliva. While Eunsang's jaw dropped, can't believe she saw The Stupid―the four of them―right before her eyes visit their practice room.

"Hi! May us come in?" Wonbin greets the girls in a friendly way. He smiling to his eyes which he acknowledge as his natural charm.

Behind him, Lee Shin smiling his boyish grin to the only Kyuwon in the room. Kyuwon's nape feels eerie right that moment.

"What are you doing here?” Kyuwon adressed that question to Shin, but Junhee answer her instead.

“Eonnie, we found the studio. Let’s go!” He tells her excitedly.

“Have you told your friends about the band practice?” Wonbin asks.

“Yeah, we’ve heard it.” Bowoon says.

“Good. Can she go now?” Sehyun backhugged Junhee while tip-toeing behind him to get a better look of the girls.

“Band practice?” Dokmi mumbles, lost in conversation.

A stream of guilt suddenly fills in Kyuwon’s head. How come she talked about it when one of them is missing? The urge to tell her friends about the plan more dominant than her awareness of someone’s presence. She immediately gets up and pulls Dokmi inside to explain the things to her and appologize for talked about this when she wasn’t around.

Dokmi pouts. “So you’re gonna practice with The Stupid instead of us?”

Bowoon cleared to get their attention. Put her chin up and lean to the door with hand on the wall as if prevent The Stupid to go inside. “Can we join?” she asks boldly.

Kyuwon cringed out of embarassment.

“Join in what?” Wonbin frowns at her. Find her ridiculous and weird.

“The practice session. Because you know,” Bowoon pulls the door slightly to close it, “if you take Kyuwon from us, we won’t be able to practice, that means... the three of us will have nothing to do.”

Wonbin snorts which sounds more like an insult for them. “There are a lot of things you can do if you can’t practice. Just go to the mall like most girls will do in their free time. Why so immerse in practice as if it’s the only activity you can do?”

“Right. Or you can hang out with friends.” Sehyun lean froward to push the door. “Have a coffee or something, that would be fu―”

“Bowoon-ah close the door.”

With one move, Bowoon follows Eunsang’s request to close the door and cut the crap Sehyun’s says. It hurts them how The Stupid foolishly thought Windflowers practice time as something they do to killing time. Windflowers is a serious group of musician. They can’t easyly forgive anyone who make a fun of them.

“They don’t want to hang out with us.” Bowoon put her hands on her waist and lean her back to the door. “Kyuwon-ah, what are you gonna do? Will you neglect your friends for the sake of having fun with The Stupid?”

“Ne?” Kyuwon startle with the sudden attack.

“At the end of the day, boys become more important than friends, isn’t it?” Eunsang . “Ya, Lee Kyuwon. Answer us. What will you choose?”

Dokmi squat in front of Kyuwon. “I’m still dumbfounded by the fact I was the last person to know about this practice thing.”

Kyuwon feels guitly if she go with The Stupid and leave her friends behind. But she already agree to help them with the festival. Moreover she wants to feel the excitement of being in the band again. It would be good if her friends can join them. Isn’t it good? It’s very good, isn’t it? Besides, if she’s alone with The Stupid, it will be awkward like the last time. Shin and Junhee will definitely not leave her alone. Even though they might bother her in a different way.

And the most important thing is... HOW COULD SHE FEEL AT EASE INTERACTING WITH SHIN AFTER THE THING HAPPENED LAST NIGHT?!

“Wait up. Let me talk to them.” Kyuwon gets up and abruptly face The Stupid which still gather in front of the door. “Look, Windflowers is a package. We go everywhere together as a group, and no one allowed to be left behind. Negotiation is not accepted. Bargaining also prohibited. If you interested with one of us, bring the whole group as one. No ‘but’, no ‘at least’, no complain. Take it or leave it.” She cross her arms on her chess and raise her chin up to give them the impression that she have pride and rules which can’t be change no matter what.

“Ok, no big deal.” Shin’s nonchalant and fast respond makes everyone turn their heads at him.

“What the heck? Are you serious?” Wonbin frowns at him, completely disagree with the idea of let the rest of Windflowers tag along. It’s not that he dislike them. He thought it will be inconvenient to have too many people at the studio.

“So you say that we all can go? Me and The Windflowers?” Kyuwon squints her eyes at him. “You don’t mind with that?”

“Never said I mind.” Shin shrug, still in his nonchalant way. “Let’s go. Time define one’s quality. We have a lot to catch up.”

Junhee walking by Shin’s side with a slightlly excited jump. Behind them, Sehyun unwillingly listen to Wonbin who can’t stop saying that he don’t get what’s on Shin’s mind. The Windflowers follow them a bit distance so they can wishpering without getting caught.

“What is it with him? If this is so easy why on earth he didn’t said that earlier?” Bowoon snorts annoyingly.

“And he said that time define one’s quality. He should’ve decide earlier.” Eunsang joins Bowoon grievance. "As if he looking forward to see Kyuwon get mad."

Bowoon glance at Kyuwon behind her from the corner of her eyes. "I'm pretty sure he have something called obsessive compulsive. He obsessed over making Kyuwon mad."

Kyuwon almost choke by her own saliva upon listen to Bowoon hypotesist.

"So is it possible that what Kyuwon think about him is true?" Dokmi asks. "Remember when Kyuwon got mad because Shin kept telling her to stop singing. And Kyuwon told us about that and be like," Dokmi make a face to imitate how angry Kyuwon back then, "'He suddenly pop up out of no where and critize me all he wants. What is he trying to do? Does he like me or what?' While she fanning her face like this."

Bowoon and Eunsang giggle at Dokmi's joke. That girl tend to have good memory when it comes to funny things. She probably thought that incident was hilarious but she can't said it as it already made Kyuwon had a hard time.

Kyuwon cringe and lean closer to Dokmi to wishper, "Did I look that angry?"

Dokmi nods while bitting her lower lip to prevent it forming a big smile.

Kyuwon lean even closer, "Do you think he likes me?"

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter