YOU

Do You Know Heartstring?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

RECAP :

Lee Shin called Kyuwon out to sees him in front of her house, to asked her what’s going on between her and Hyun Kiyeong, he end up conffesed her his struggle on holding back the urge to let her know his feeling for her. While both of them try to resolve their feeling for each other, grandpa woke up and realise the gate was unlocked made the two pair panicked and ran to hide. Kyuwon who was locked outside finaly open up to Shin and said she wanted to give him a try. As it was nearly imposible for Kyuwon to sleep in Shin’s house, Shin proposed another way out for her.

**

The gate is locked.

Kyuwon grab her hair, screaming in silence. This is completely big trouble. There is no way she can go inside when she didn’t bring any keys. Even though she have her phone, it’s like looking for a dead end road if she calls the old man and tells him that she's locked outside.

“What should I do?”

Shin tap her shoulder hesistantly. “Kyuwon-ah.”

She looks like about to cry when he sees her face. “What should I do?”

“Umm,” he tries to smile but he looks like he cringe instead, “don’t get me wrong. If you want, you can sleep in my house.”

“What?”

"Wait, wait. I said don't get me wrong, okay? I mean you can sleep in my room and I'm on the sofa at the living room. We're not gonna sleep together." He imediately adds.

Kyuwon grit her teeth. "And you don't have to say it clearly about sleeping togㅡ" she sighs. "Nevermind."

"Let's go." He reach out to hold her hand.

But she hide both hands behind her back. "I haven't say yes."

Shin approach her and try to wishper as calm as he can. "You know you don't have much option right now. Tell me, do you have better idea rather than sleeping in my house? Can you find a way to get inside your house without calling your grandpa? What? Are you gonna jump over the gate? Can you even?"

Kyuwon pouts feeling awful. He don't have to say those facts to her. She knows. And she couldn't think of anything else. Not that she's slow to find a solution, she's just never experience things like this. She was never gets in trouble before as she maintain her life with calculation and consideration before every desicion she have to take.

It's not even a year since he came to her life. The balance of her life has ruined and now she can't even get inside her house in the middle of the night.

It's absurd, and not thrilling at all. It's disaster.

"There are times when overthinking is not wise. You have to make desicion right now." All of a sudden Shin freeze when something comes to his mind. "Whoa."

As Shin's eyes was looking at the top of the gate, she reluctantly turn her head to see what he sees. Does it ghost? Or grandpa?? No way.

"How come I didn't think about it?" he mumbles.

She saw nothing over there but her mind is occupy with the curiousity she couldn't hears what he said.

"Ya. That's right."

"Wh-what?" She stuttered beyond her consience.

Shin look down to see her eyes. "Dami noona."

"Dami... noona...?" She repeat like a parrot.

"Dami noona hasn't come back yet from her overseas trip. Her house completely empty."

"Do you mean we're gonna sneak in someone's house?" Her eyes might fall out of it's place has she not realize she almost yell when she says it.

"Ofcourse not. I know her password. And she trusted her house under my care whenever she's away. So you can say, we're gonna check on her house."

"That's sneaking in. It's illegal."

"It's not. I told you she asked me to look after her house."

"But bring someone in, more over sleepoverㅡ"

"Let's go to my room then."

**

Shin enter the password combination smoothly. After a beep signaled that the back door where they're about to enter unlocked, he push the door and the wide and quiet Dami's restaurant kitchen welcome him. He move aside to let Kyuwon enter first.

"No, you go first." She refuse as she still think that this isn't right.

Without say anything or gives her a face, he walks in and goes straight to the stairs, doesn't wait for her to close the door.

"Ya Lee Shin. Wait for me. I can't see anything. I don't know where to go. This place is not familiar to me."

Soon after that, she can feels his hand on her wrist. He gently guide her through the faint darkness of the restaurant. The skinship makes her heart flutter. She can’t utter anything, more over complaining. Her mind flying away somewhere above the cloud but it so tickling under her skin.

When she's mindlessly enjoy floating around the darkness, gravity takes her back to the earth all of a sudden. That's when she realize they reached Dami's house upstair. He let go of his hand from her as he submit the password to unlock the door.

"You sleep in noona's room. I'll take the living room. Good night." He goes straight to the sofa while taking off his jumper.

Kyuwon reluctantly walks to the room in question. She open the door and standing still when the door slightly opened.

Shin turn on the TV, put the volume down as he only needs it to be his company for sleep. A sort of lullaby.

"Lee Shin." She calls him.

"I'm about to sleep."

Kyuwon turns her head to him. "I feel bad."

He close his eyes with body laying down facing the sofa. "About what?"

She wants to spill it. Everything that happened, currently happening, and about to happen makes her feel uneasy.

She felt bad about sneaking out the house and didn't came back even though her reason is to avoid getting her grandpa explode. She never meant to lied. But it happened.

She feels bad about staying over in Dami's house without herㅡand just the two of them, she and him. Even though Dami already asked Shin to keep her house, but it still strange to her. She never comes to someone's house without the owner.

She knows, when she decided to give Shin a chance, she have to give effort to get to know his family. Including Dami. She doesn't know anything about her except she is a popular Youtube creator and likes to cosplay. And what will happen after the whole world know they are going out? What about grandpa? Is it possible for him to accept Shin as he is? But grandpa likes Kiyeong so much.

"Why are you spacing out over there?"

"No." She clear . "Nevermind." Kyuwon slip into the room without a sound. She immediately jump to the bed and trying to close her eyes. But she couldn't sleep at all. “Should I turn on the aircon?” She gets up and looks down to Shin’s coat which he lent her before they left. “It’s... hot in here...” she take it off and carefully fold it on top of her lap. A faint smell comes to her nose. Slowly she pick up the coat, and smell it. “Lee Shin’s smell...”

She startled. Wat the hell was she doing? Smelled his coat and feeling comfortable on it… does she spellbounded already?

“Nooooo.” She screamed in silence.

**

Kyuwon squat down next to the pole, the same place she hid yesterday night. It’s 6 in the morning, she was waiting for Shin to bring Junghyun’s most-normal-looking shoes for her to go into the act. Fortunately, Kyuwon and Junghyun have same size which make it easier for the play pretend. Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter