Moon Song and Trouble

Do You Know Heartstring?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I know it's none of my business, but what's with your strong oppose of Hyun Kiyeong? Which one you dislike, the arrange marriage or him?

Kyuwon staring at her phone with a thick frown on her face. She was just about to sleep when Shin's message arrived. She knows Shin has always been unexpected and unpredictable, but what's with this sudden nosy question?

Kyuwon lay on her bed while staring at the message, think about what should she says to make him not sending a reply to her reply.

She clear before writtes something.

You better read again your message and stick to it, "none of your business"

"Does he really likes me?" she mumbles to herself as she put her phone on the table.

He doesn't even give her time to close her eyes when he send her a reply. Kyuwon release a long sighs. But not bother to move to check on her phone. She determine not to see his message if it's only one or two. It might be not that important.

But she couldn't be at ease. The message keep coming until her phone vibrated as if it gets a call.

"Ya Lee Shin!" Kyuwon shot a deathly glare at her phone. "What does he wants? Aish!" she take her phone ragely and grunting as she reads the message.

Message 1 : I should've said it possibly my business to know what's on your mind.

Message 2 : I told you once before that I like you, but that time I wasn’t as sure as I am now about this thing

Message 3 : I kept thinking over and over again, I tried to find the reason why I care about your feeling and thought so much, but nothing makes sense

Message 5 : then I came to conclusion which sounds the most possible to happen, I’m pretty sure the kiss I accidentaly did to you was genuine according to how I feel about you

Message 6 : so will it be a bother if I say I love you?

Kyuwon choke hard upon read the last message. It feels like every part of the house above her head collapse and fall on her. Left the dust flying around everywhere near her nostrill and trying to sneak in through it to . She find it hard to breath and swallow her saliva. Something unknown to her knowledge stuck on her lungs makes her senses sort of dead.

Lee Shin is a terrible person. So blunt. What's with the messages? What is that? WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?

A vibrate on her phone gets Kyuwon back to her senses.

If it's too bothersome, let's forget it. I don't want you to get a heart attack. Let's just say that I like you. Less burdensome, isn't it? Word 'like' sounds more real than 'love'. How do you like it?

Kyuwon's jaw dropped even more. She's unable to type anything to reply him. This is too riddiculous. She believe it's one of his jokes. But to not have a fluttery feeling over the words 'like you'ㅡmoreover 'love you'ㅡseems impossible for her. It sting to her mind in a good way. Frankly speaking, a little part on her heart likes to hear that.

What? You read my message but won't reply? Confessing was already awkward as it is. Don't make me feel awful. Send something.

Kyuwon release a long sigh through . Thinking about what kind of reply she can send him. It's confusing and a little bit irritating.

Can I call you?

"What should I do with this person?" she mumble.

In a split of second, he calls her, not even waiting for her answer. For feeling shocked, Kyuwon accidentaly throw her phone until it almost fall from the edge of her bed.

"Oh my God! What should I do?"

The phone keep blinking and vibrating. She tries to clear and slowly reach her phone. Sighing fastly and tap the answer button. "Yes? Hello?"

"Ok, this is funny."

Kyuwon frowns. Speculation growing in her head, that this is an actual prank he tried on her.

"It's never been like this before. I remembered I annoyed by your singing voice not long ago, turned out I hooked and adored it."

Kyuwon's frowns appear even thicker.

"I used to have uninterested tendency to listen to you talking, but now, only listen to a word 'hello' from you..." Shin reasonly pause his speech and left the connection between them only filled with frustrating silent that irritate Kyuwon.

"Now what?" Kyuwon started to feel impatient.

Shin chuckles. "Right now I get the urge to jump out of my bed and rushing to your house."

"What?"

"Seriously," Shin laughs in between his talks, "I can't get myself either. I'm so addicted to you. Now I want to see you, like, exactly right now. How could I feel like I'd never get enough of you? Where will it leads? What if my obsession become crazier and I end up propose to you?"

"WHAT?" Kyuwon gets up from her bed as if she can scold Lee Shin that way. "Ya, Lee Shin!" She immediately close while staring at the door, afraid her grandpa notice the commotion she made just because a single phone call. "Ya. Lee Shin, you," she grit her teeth tightly, "get a grip. Don't joke around like that. It's scary. And don't expect me to believe in that."

"I'm not joking."

"No, YOU ARE joking. It's not funny, you know."

"I'm serious. I'm not."

"Come on."

"Lee Kyuwon, I know you have no idea the hard time I have to recognize this feeling. But appreciate it, can't you? It's not easy for a guy to confess his feeling. What about rejection? That risk is hurtful if I consider it. But I try not to think about it and just go with my gut feeling."

Kyuwon's rage melted for 7% listen to his revelation. She tempted to believe in that, but his words not convincing enough for her to accept.

"If you don't believe in my voice, see my eyes. I'm in front of your house."

Kyuwon automaticaly turn her head at the the direction of the front side of her house. "Does he seriously come to see me?" she mumbles, reluctantly sneaking out of her room as quiet as she can. She pinned her ear to the wooden gate to eavesdrop before attempting to open the door. The phone call hasn’t ended yet, but Lee Shin doesn’t says anything along her journey from the bedroom to the gate.

**

Shin knock his forehead to the white-coloured stone wall with cellphone still on his ear. An extreme regret flowing from his head to the whole part of his body. What the hell am I doing? Why do I always call her out at night? Seriously, Lee Shin, are you insane?! He close his eyes tight as he grit his teeth wishing it was just a hallucination. What will she thinks of me? She will hates me even more.

He stand up straight and release a breath with mouth open. “Alright. She thinks I’m joking. Let’s play along with her thought. It won’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter