Fated Encounter

Do You Know Heartstring?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuwon pouted next to grandpa who kept on fanning himself eventough the air condition on the plane works well. Grandpa insist to come back right away to Seoul because he dissapointed with the way people on the meeting treat traditional culture. They surely have no respect and manner toward gugak, that was what he said. In result, Kyuwon have to sacrifice her excitement and forget all the plan she will do in Jeju.

"Aigo~" She sighed.

"I know right. People nowadays are really ignorant toward traditional culture." The grandpa said.

Kyuwon cringed. She talkback on her mind, that ‘aigo' is actually for you harabeoji.

**

On the next morning, Kyuwon woke up with grandpa's whin as the alarm. He always whinning and nagging, but Kyuwon think it's getting much already recently. She's not even wake up yet. Kyuwon get up from her bed in a lazy move, she scratch her head as she open the door.

"What happen harabeoji? Why are you whinned in this early morning?"

Grandpa stood next to window with two hands placed on his waist. Expression of his rage clearly seen on his face. "You go there. Tell them to stop the noise. What kind of human who make their neighbour bothered like that? Who do they think they are?"

Kyuwon sighed. "Harabeoji, they were doing construction work for new owner. Kim family just sell their house to a friend and they will move there soon after the reconstruction done. Bear with it."

Grandpa pursed his lips as he released an insult sigh.

Kyuwon mumbled. "Why so ignorant? It's not like they will do it forever."

"Mworago?" Grandpa narrowed his eyes, suspecting Kyuwon just cursing him.

Kyuwon immediately shook her head. "Ah aniyo, ani. What do you want for breakfast, harabeoji?" She pointed her thumb to the kitchen. "I will cook it now."

"Anything with soup." He put his hands behind his back when he walk back to his room. "And make it fast. I'm hungry."

Kyuwon bowed her head. "Ne." She wait until her grandpa close the door to cursing him. "Aigo jinja! The more he get old, the more irritated he become. Ck ck ck."

**

Even though Kyuwon told grandpa couple times that the construction noice just temporary,but he kept on whinning. Mumbling angryly while looking at the house next door, as if they could listen him. Kyuwon suggested to talk to them to reduce the noice. But he end up angry at her instead, scold her for being impolite by telling him what to do. 

Feeling sick and bored with his whin, Kyuwon decided to hang out with her friends from Wind Flower, using 'practice gayageum' as an excuse to grandpa.

"Dont go home too late. I need lunch." Grandpa yelled from inside.

Kyuwon turn around before she open the door gate. "I already cook for lunch. If until dinner I still havent home yet, you can warm the soup again harabeoji."

"Mwo? Why do you say that? Dont go home to late? You're a girl. That's inappropiriate!"

Kyuwon sighed. "Ne. Algeseumnida." She pursed her lips to grandpa direction before close the door. "As always. I'm not little kid anymore. Why he always treat me like that. Urgh!" She closed the gate nonchalantly and she turned around. 

"Uwagh!!"

"Kyaaaa!”

 She bump into a bycycle as soon as she step down the gate, in result, both her and the guy who ride the bycycle fell to the ground. Kyuwon was cringed to endure the pain in her leg and knees. 

"Mianhada. Gwaenchanayo?"

“Ayyaa... appo...!"

“Mianhaeyo.” The guy said as he get up with his bycycle. He put the bycycle prop and reach out his hand to Kyuwon. “Mianhaeyo.” He said again.

Kyuwon bit her lower lip to endure the pain. He staring at the guy’s hand then slowly look up until she saw his face. It’s too bright. She can’t see him clearly because the sun shinning so bright behind his head. But she take it at last.

“Gwaenchanayo? Do you hurt anywhere?” He asked again, after Kyuwon standing on her feet.

Kyuwon patted her dirty skirt. “Ne. Gwaenchanayo. Just a little hurt on my elbow,” she replied, whirled her left hand to check it and show it to the guy at the same time.

“Ah... that’s bruises on your hand. So sorry.” He said again. He took something from his backpack. Kyuwon still focus examining her hand when all of sudden a pair of hands put a band aid on her elbow. “I hope it won’t hurt anymore.”

Kyuwon were flabergasted. She staring blankly to her elbow. A cute band aid which have bear drawing on it was patched on her hand.

“I’m sorry again.” He patted Kyuwon’s hand and leave with his bycycle.

Kyuwon blinked when he passed by her. “Jankamanyo!”

The guy stopped his bike and turned his head. His face looks so frozen without any emotion. Quite different than before. “Ne?”

Kyuwon showing her elbow. “For this aid,” she smiled, “gomawoyo.”

The guy quietly stared at her for a while. Then he nod still without expression.

“And I’m sorry too! I think I have part on this accident. Mianhaeyo.”

He sneered as he turn around and ride his bike again.

Kyuwon frowned at his fast change expression. “How could someone be a warm, cold, and synical person at a time?” She shook her head and shrugged her shoulder.

She walked while looking at the cute aid on her elbow. “It’s a bit funny how a guy like him have bear band air like this.” She giggled. She look up to the blue and bright sky. “I love this weather. Have an ice cream would be awesome.” She jumped lightly as she walk ahead.

“But... wait a minute,” her step getting slower and normal, “I feel like I saw him some

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter