Stalking Contest

Do You Know Heartstring?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuwon shut the door violently, makes all the kids in traditional arts practice room turn their heads in unison. Her face obviously show an irritated emotion. She walks to her friends with an exaggerate and childish step.

“You know what? That so-called-kingka Lee Shin of The Stupid just insulted me.” Kyuwon told her flusterred friends. “He told me to stop singing. What is he? A mini version, I mean younger version of harabeoji?”

Dokmi and Eunsang giggling behind their instruments. Bowoon raise her hand to gets Kyuwon sit and talk properly. Kyuwon’s voice is quite loud when she’s angry. Bowoon doesn’t want people overhear her complaint and make it into silly gossip outside.

“Be cool, be cool. Tell us what happened?” Bowoon asks.

Kyuwon explain that she met Lee Shin in front of female toilet and he only told her to not singing anymore then left ignorantly. She fanning her face with her hand. “I don’t even know what to say. Earlier he also made me speechless. He stopped by just to said that I look better in Hanbok. I wasn’t angry tho, but it got me confused. He suddenly pop up out of no where and critize me all he wants. What is he trying to do? Does he like me or what?”

“No way!” The girls yell in chorus.

Kyuwon jumped with how cohesive her friends are. They are surprisingly fast in giving answer.

“How can a cool-blooded like him interested in girls like us?” Dokmi’s exclaim makes Kyuwon slightly hurt.

She pursed her lips. “Do you mean cold-blooded?”

“Kyuwon-ah, maybe something about you bother him. From what I heard, he’s someone who can’t easyly fall in love.” Bowoon says.

“You don’t even know each other well. How do you think he will fall for you?” Eunsang add.

“Besides, don’t try to date Lee Shin.” Bowoon lean forward to wishpering. “He will dump you after your third date. Because he easyly get bored. He won’t even budge even if you cry a river in front of him.”

“Who said that?” Dokmi glaring at Bowoon. Don’t want to agree with that story.

Bowoon shrug her shoulder. “People. Whole university knows it.”

“Is he that bad?” Eunsang mumble. Disappointed because it ruin the image of Lee Shin in her head.

“It’s what rumor says actualy. I wish it wasn’t true.” Bowoon sighs. “But lots of people believe it.”

Kyuwon nods. “I can see where it comes from. He looks like someone who likes to play around with girls. He have that playboy vibe on his visual and attitude. Did you notice the way he stare at people? It’s so cold and careless.”

Eunsang pinch Kyuwon’s arm. “Why are you said that? Even though he looks like a bad guy, he still charming and adorable.” She looks at Dokmi to get her support. “Right, Dokmi-ya?”

Dokmi grinning playfully. “Sometimes he looks cute too.”

“No, no. For cuteness, Yeo Junhee for the win.” Bowoon raise her chin arrogantly.

“Who are you? A fan or his mother?” Dokmi teases.

Kyuwon watch boringly as they fangilring over The Stupid. In the small part of her heart and her head, she wondering what makes them appealing other than their handsome face and cool music. There must be something else. She wants to know it.

**

It’s lunch break. Kyuwon and the girls heading to the cafetaria to find it’s already filled with people here and there.

“We’re late.” Eunsang look at her friends. “There’s no where to sit.”

“Can we eat lunch at this rate?” Dokmi sighs.

“Hey, wanna try the Back Cafetaria?” Bowoon suggest.

The three look at her with a disagreement stare.

There’s two cafetaria at the campus. The one in the middle area which they used to come everyday, and the other one is in a quite secluded part of the campus. It placed in between law department and theater auditorium where art exhibition often held. One thing that makes this cafetaria special is because it’s place where popular and smart students gathered. It’s been tradition for years even though there’s no written agreement about it.

“It’s not a good idea, Bowoon-ah.” Eunsang shook her head. “We’ll be in trouble.”

Dokmi hold her stomach as if she get an ache. “I don’t think I can diggest my food well over there. Even though no one will look at me, but I’ll feel like people watching me.”

“Why aren’t you say anything, Kyuwon-ah?” Eunsang elbow her.

“I don’t know. I’m hungry. I didn’t get to eat breakfast properly.” She says.

Bowoon linger her hand on Kyuwon’s arm. “Then let’s go grab a lunch at The Back. If we wait here, you might starve to death. Just look at how crowded inside. People are too lazy to get lunch outside I guess. They’re flooded here.”

Eunsang and Dokmi gank up in front of her way to block Bowoon for take her to The Back.

“Please, don’t agree to her, Kyuwon-ah.” Eunsang give her puppy stare.

Dokmi clasped her hands. “Don’t fall for her trick, Kyuwon-ah.”

“Come on. I think it’s not that scary.” Bowoon grinning and hold Eunsang’s with her other hand then dragged them out of the cafetaria. Dokmi sighs heavyly as she can’t help but follow them.

Bowoon can be a crazy friend sometimes. It was actualy her idea to watched The Stupid at Catharsis back then. And now she initiated to mingle with A-listed kids which they only watch from afar all this time. Ordinary students like them never been to Back Cafetaria because of the so called ‘tradition’ which build distance between popular kids and ordinary kids. In fact it was just rules made by the student since the university’s actual intention is to made students easier to get their meals.

“Here we come.” Bowoon says as they arrive in front of the building.

“Can we really get in?” Dokmi’s face almost pale because of nervous.

“Ya, it’s not right. We’re not suppose to be here. What if we get bullied after we barged in?” Eunsang hold Kyuwon’s hand ready to back off.

“Who made the rules, by the way?” Kyuwon asks.

“It’s been down by generation.” Eunsang says. “But people follow it. No one ever break the rules. Let’s do the same. We’re not born to be the rule breakers.”

Dokmi nods but her eyes suddenly elated when she saw The Stupid approaching. “Omo omo omo omo omo omo omo The Stupid,” she squealed.

The girls turn their head as fast as they could to see The Stupid. They were joke around while walking closer the Windflower girls direction. Kyuwon watch as Sehyun and Wonbin make a fun of Junhee who looks like enjoy being clown, while Lee Shin busy with his phone make him looks even more arrogant in her eyes. How can be a cold-blooded person like him become a part of that fun and adorable brotherhood?

She hissed. “Don’t you think he’s not supposed to be in that group? Look, how he doesn’t even care even if his friends laughing happyly next to him.”

Bowoon glared at Kyuwon and pouted. “Be careful with what you say. It can back to you.”

Kyuwon look at her in disbelief. “Mworago?”

Bowoon smirked. She poke Kyuwon’s nose and . “Because you’re just the same, you know.”

Kyuwon spontaniously pointing at her face as she screamed. “ME??” She faking a laugh to hide her embarassment. “What are you saying? No way.”

“Oh! Kyuwon eonnie!!”

The girls surprised when Junhee run to them like a kid. He gives them his eye smile right after he stand before them. The girls who mesmerized by his cuteness smiling like an idiot with mouth open. They giggling when he bow politely to the three and hug Kyuwon without asking for permission.

“Eonnie, long time no see.” He says after release the hug. “I miss you. Can I get your number?”

Wonbin hit him in the back of his head. “Ya. How can you be so upfront like that?” He laughs and wave his hand to the girls. “Hi, ladies. Sorry for the inconvenient. This kid is an embarassment sometime.”

“No!” Bowoon fast response. She grin shyly. “I mean, that’s okay. He’s cute tho.” She poke Kyuwon’s arm. “Right, Lee Kyuwon?”

Kyuwon who still shocked by Junhee’s sudden hug nods half-heartedly. She doesn’t know what to do.

“Are you here to have a lunch?” Sehyun asks to them.

Dokmi and Eunsang nods enthusiasticaly. Bowoon glares at them and folding , try hard to hide her laugh. It was funny to her how the girls opposed her idea earlier but now they suddenly excited without a trace of reluctant left on their faces.

“Let’s eat together.” Wonbin propose which make the girls squirmed in silence.

“Oh I love that! Eonnie let’s go.” Junhee grab Kyuwon’s arm and walk her to enter the building.

“But... but... wait...” She keeps turn her head to check whether her friends following behind or not. She doesn’t want to be the alone between popular kids. There, her eyes meet with Lee Shin’s cold stare. His right eyebrow raises before he smirk devilishly at her. Kyuwon immediately look away to avoid him. What was that? Why is he so scary? She doesn’t realize when her hand touch her chest to feel it’s beating.

But Kyuwon doesn’t have time to think about the meaning of Lee Shin’s smile because Junhee steal her attention away. He dragged her everywhere as he reviewing all the food stalls inside the cafetaria. Turn out that this cafetaria is different with the one they used to come. It have plenty of snacks and drinks in all variant. If the other cafetaria only provide lunch set and bread, this one is more like convenient store, it gives a lot of option to eat.

Windflower girls guided by Wonbin and Sehyun to the other side of the stalls, leave alone Kyuwon in Junhee’s care. This kid seems to know a lot of trick to eat food more deliciously, and Kyuwon find him adorable which makes her want to pinch him and tickle his chin as in he’s a puppy.

“Have you decide what you want to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter