Mr. Old Man

Do You Know Heartstring?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So I heard lots of yongshin fanfic writer decided to stop writing about them. But I continue with this one. I even updated a week after the dating news come out last month. I feel peculiar, lol. Not that I disrespect Shinhye and her life. I like them as artist, so their personal life not really affect me.

More importantly, this is a drama fanfic. A silly remake made for fun. It’s highlighted on the character they portrayed in Heartstring as Lee Shin and Lee Kyuwon.

Besides, I haven’t finish this story. It’s hard for me to write a story in other language—the vocabulary box in mybrain is terribly poor and always out of stock(?). As a bad writer who always updating very very late, if I left a story unfinished, I will become an irresponsible writer when I actualy like writing so much. So until few chapters left, I’ll holding on to my old heart. I can’t waste the draft I have write before the dating news come out, lol.

Sorry Park Shinhye-sshiiii >____<

**

“Ya, Lee Shin!” Kyuwon run to Shin as soon as she saw him sit on the bench.

Look at him. He looks so cute and cool at the same time wears white shirt with hands folded to his elbow. Some part of the shirt sneaking out of his pants and hang randomly around his waist. His black coat was laying on top of the backpack which he put on the back seat of his bike.

“Sorry I’m late. The practice takes longer because profesor was monitoring us.” She frowning as she notice the face in front of her looks unusualy calmly sparkling. “W-wae?” Yet there’s still a trace of mischievous smile left on that face.

Shin tilt his head as he looks up to see her better. “I wonder why do I like it whenever you call me ‘ya Lee Shin!’.” He grinning like a child. “No one sounds like that.”

Kyuwon tries hard not to smile. She doesn’t want to let him use her weak heart as a weapon to attack her anytime.

“Come here.” He pat the seat next to him lightly. “I heard the school went crazy.”

“Yes. Because of you.” She sneering irritated. Remember everyone staring at her and wishpering group follows her everywhere she goes.

“Well done.”

“What?”

“No one will be dare to flirt with you anymore.”

Kyuwon stares at him with sour eyes. “You’re joking?”

“Hm?” Shin raise his eyebrow playfully.

Kyuwon shrug her shoulder in a snooty way. “You see, everybody respects me for being a laudable woman who can’t be touched easily. I’m like a gorgeous rose with thorn around me. People only have the courage to see but can’t get close. They’re aware that they might harm my existance if they recklessly try to approach me. As they know, even though I’m beautiful, I’m also fragile and very tender.”

Shin scratch his forehead. He sighs as he point his finger at her. “Your point is?”

Kyuwon sulk. “No one ever flirt with me.”

Shin chuckles. “No way.”

Kyuwon hit him in the arm. “Stop joking around.”

He surpress his smile even though he still wants to . “Sorry.”

Kyuwon smile bashfully. “So, are we really going to watch a movie this weekend?”

“With condition you’re allowed to go out by harabeoji.”

Kyuwon’s smile fade away in an instance. Her happiness is half-baked until she can get his consent to date anyone freely. She suddenly remember Kiyeong. What is he doing now? Is he with Heeju? How’s the cancelation going? Can it be succesfully done as her wish?

“Hey.”

Kyuwon looks at the guy she likes after she realize he have been poking her arm since few seconds ago.

“What’s on your mind? Are you worried of something?”

Kyuwon nods. Then she tells him about her conversation with Kiyeong at the café this morning. She’s worried about his family reaction once he tells them about their wish to cancel the arrange marriage. He said he will tells them through diner, and Heeju will be there too. It still afternoon. As the time getting closer, Kyuwon’s nervousness kept increased. She end up spaced out once at a times and couldn’t stay still.

“I wish time moving faster so I don’t have to suffering like this.”

Shin pat her back and asks her if she wants to grab a snack before going home. They walk to nearby food truck to have some snacks. While standing next to each other and have a mouthful of hot dokkbokki, Shin tells her about the interview.

“The result will come out in three days, they said. We will be notified by text if we fail, and by call if we pass. So I definitely can’t have separate way with my phone.”

Kyuwon drink a soup to swallow the dokkbokki faster. “If you pass, how about school? You’ll have to work during the day. Don’t skip classes again, Lee Shin. Your mum is worry.”

Shin chuckles. “Don’t worry, mum. I won’t do that.”

Kyuwon hit his arm irritated. “Seriously. I mean, your mum. She’s worried.”

Shin smiles at her. “I know.” He wipe his hands with tissue as he says, “They know I haven’t graduate college. And they can compromise with that. So I told them if they need me, I can put them on priority and push my classes to the night period.”

“Isn’t it tiring?” Kyuwon try to speak carefully so she wont sounds like a nagging girlfriend. “In case you accepted, you’ll working the whole day. And go to school at night. How about the band and the part time job you have with the band? What if you suddenly have overtime, or asked to work on the weekend?” At last she’s really turn into a nagging girlfriend.

Shin stares at her seriously. Observing and analyzing what actually happen inside her brain.

“Sorry.” She looks away. Feeling guilty for telling him that. Even though she’s really concerned about him.

“I wonder why are you always overthinking?”

“Eung?”

“That’s good to check carefully every possibilities and risk before we make desicion. But thingking too much, look way too deep, and scared of unessecary stuff which actualy can be handle well, isn’t it more tiring?”

Kyuwon sighs. That’s also true. But she still think Shin is too carefree.

“Don’t worry. I can do this. I am Lee Shin after all.” He smile his toothy grin to remind her that he is the powerful unbeatable guy she always heard from his fans.

**

After having light diner they decided to walk home while talking randomly about their childhood and the trendy thing happened back then. Turn out they experienced the same hype since Kyuwon live a pretty normal life with her parent when she was a kid.

“Do you miss your dad?”

Kyuwon smile. “So much.”

“When was the last time you visit his house?”

“It—“ Kyuwon pause her answer as she herself forgot when was it. It was always been a meet up in a restaurant somewhere around Seoul. Grandpa never want to be left alone. And her dad can’t sleepover in the house considering the relationship with grandpa.

Shin notice Kyuwon spacing out with a longing look. He get used to have her ‘leave’ him alone like that. Her monolog habit is something that can’t be heal in an instance. But at least, she can open up more than before. That’s a progress. “I will tell my mum and Junghyun about us when you ready to tell your dad.”

“Ne?”

Shin smile at her. “We can’t let harabeoji know in near future. That’s why we have to let other know. We will need the help from them who we trust.”

“Lee Shin.”

He wipe invisible drool from . “I know. I know. I’m handsome and amazing.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter