Chasing Lee Kyu Won

Do You Know Heartstring?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kiyeong enter the theater department with stone face. He keep look around to look for someone but people greeting him along the way make him irritated. The perk of being the most popular student in their department. People always want to talk to him and try to be nice.

He grit his teeth as the one he looking for is no where to be found. He take the phone from his pocket. He should’ve call her earlier but he doesn’t want to. He might explode before see her face.

“Han Heeju, where are you?”

“Who is this?”

Kiyeong sighs. “Come on. Tell me where you are. I need to talk to you.”

“Who?”

“Aish. Han Heeju, please.” Kiyeong take a deep breath before attempt to sounds as cute as possible. “Heeju-ya... let me see you. I miss you, you know. I really want to meet you and hug you.”

“Tch! What’s with this sudden sweet words?”

“Say it. Where are you? I have a gift for you. Don’t you want to see it?” He have to lure her with something that will make her curious.

“Gift? Why so sudden? It’s not even my birthday.”

“Since when queen Heeju have to wait for her birthday to get a gift?” It’s true that Heeju get a lot of gifts from her admirer because of her popularity at school. She’s the daughter of a living legend actor, and her mother is the CEO of a leading fashion company. Not only that, Heeju also child actror who have been playing with numerous A-list actors.

Kiyeong smirk as he found her at the back cafetaria like she told him on the phone. He sits next to her and asks her friends to let them have private time together.

“Here’s your gift.” He give her a simple square shaped box without ribbon or wrapping paper.

“What is it?” She squinted her eyes as she open the box. There’re four mysterious round object on it. She anxiously take it and could recognize it as a rumple paper in a flash. She grin knows what will come if she open what’s inside the paper.

Kiyeong lay his head on the palm as he lean his arm to the table. “Don’t hesitate, babe. Why don’t you open it and see what’s inside the paper?” He lean slightly to wishper at her. “You wouldn’t know if there’s a proposal on it.”

She roll her eyes and open the paper halfheartedly. ‘I told you to throw away this bike. You look odd and I hate that!’

Kiyeong peek at the paper and chuckle. “It says I look odd on noona’s bike. How about other paper?” He take the paper and read it loud enough to make her irritated. “‘You said something came up in your house. Is this your NEW house?’” He look at her. “Sounds like a stalker, but I find it cute. Let’s throw this away.” He take another paper while looking at her annoyed face. “‘I’ve told you many times that we’re not suppose to be together, but you insist, and now you’re with someone else? Ringer!’” He stare at the paper solemnly for a while. “Man! No matter how many times I tried to describe this message, I could only see jealousy on it.”

She sighs as she bit her lower lips, completely fed up with his joke. Hyun Kiyeong is known as the nice guy with nice eye smile. No one ever seen him get angry or involved in a fight. He always appear with a big heart and mature personality. Little did they know, the closer to him the opposite he become. He wears a smile all the time, even when he’s angry or about to explode. It’s scary if you know how he truly is.

“Hey, listen.” He elbow her and lean his face as he reads the last paper, “‘What do you take me for? Popularity booster??’ Omona. Treat a goddess as a popularity booster is the most foxy thing I’ve ever heard.” He throw the paper to the floor and stare at her with straight face.

Doesn’t want to lose the fight, she boldy staring back at him as if nothing to be scared of.

He start to talk in a deep voice which make her eerie. “What did you do last night? Why did you stalked me?”

She raise her chin up. “I didn’t.”

“Look, I know everything about you, those are obviously your handwritten. Who else am I date in this entire school? All I know is, you’re the only one who have the right to be jealous. But we have agree, we won’t meddle in each other business and we won’t take this realtionship further.” His voice getting sharp and deeper. “Don’t expect me to introduce you to my family. And I don’t want to meet your family either. So you have to stay cool and don’t start to act like a real girlfriend.”

“I know. You don’t have to remind me.” She hissed.

“So why did you wrote those paper?” He hit the table lightly to not gain attention.

“I’m upset, okay? It’s not jealousy. You said we have to be honest with each other to maintain our perfect ‘dating life’. Why did you betrayed me? I saw you on the street with a strange girl, driving slowly on that stupid bike. What if someone sees that? You know how fast rumours sirculated! I don’t want people pitying me thinking I get dumped by a cheater boyfriend.”

He close his eyes tight to holding back the urge to yell at her. “But you don’t have to be frank like that. She saw the papers!”

“Really?” She snorted. “Good then.”

Kiyeong glare at her. “That would start the rumor too, for your information.”

Heeju frown with indifferent stare. “Who the hell she is? She doesn’t looks attractive at all.”

“She’s the girl my family want to marry.” He lean his head to her shoulder.

“Oh my God! I pity you.” She his hair. “So what will happen if she knows I was the one who wrote those messages?”

“She’s from traditional art department. A gayageum player. She’s been in a lot of competition and respected by elder from that field. Including my family, especially my mother.”

“She studied here? Not good. You should have told me earlier the detail about this arrange marriage thing.” She pouted. “Anyway, what’s so special about her family? I’m pretty sure not only her performance and achievement that melt your family.”

“Her late mother was a trot singer like my mother. And her grandpa is a respected gugak master. A big hyungnim. Like your dad in acting.”

She chuckle. She knew about Kiyeong’s arrange marriage story, and she always thought his family a bit old school. Kiyeong is handsome and friendly, it won’t hard for him to get married, that’s what she thought. She can’t understand why that tradition should be preserved in his family.

“Oh! I remember now. No wonder I felt she’s quite familiar.”

Kiyeong raise his head to see her face. He wait for her confession curiously.

“I saw her here a while ago.”

He laughs. “No way. She might be popular in her department but not in this school. She won’t dare to came here.”

“No, oppa. I’m sure it was her. She was with The Stupid band from music department. You know them, right? Their fangirls are as much as yours I believe.” She flick her finger. “That’s right. Yesterday people talk about Lee Shin flirting with a strange girl from traditional art. I saw them at a glance on my way to the auditorium, they look so close. I mean, really close in the way they sat.”

Kiyeong squinted his eyes. “I don’t believe you.”

“Whatever.” She raise her eyebrow nonchalantly. “You sure need to prove it yourself to believe me. Brace yourself to compete with him.”

Kiyeong laughs. He doesn’t think it’s necessary to prepare himself. No matter what happen, the arrange marriage will come true even if he do nothing for Lee Kyuwon.

“Oppa, to be honest, I have something with Lee Shin in high school.” She grin as Kiyeong look at her with a silly in disbelief face. “He was a big player. Maybe still a player. I don’t know, but one thing for sure, no guy could win over a girl’s heart if Shin mark the girl as his.”

“You dated him?” His chuckle. “Ofcourse you’d date popular guy.”

“Not exactly dating. I don’t know what it was. People thought us was a pair, we did some skinship, hang out together, but not any confession I heard from him. He never compliment either my appearance or achievement.”

“What kind of guy he is? I think you deserve to be praise. You have everything all the girls want.” He says sincerely.

“Even if you’re gentleman like that, you won’t be able to beat a guy who make girl’s heart flutter. Shin is an expert in that.” She smirk shamefuly. “That’s why I could bear stayed close to him even though we weren’t going out like I want.”

“That’s not sounds like Han Heeju.” He look at her pity.

She smirk. “Note that. Even almighty Han Heeju lose to him.”

**

“Excuse me! Is there a girl named Lee Kyuwon?”

All heads turn to the source of the commotion by the door.

“My name is Oh Wonbin, and I was ordered to come after Miss Lee Kyuwon to music department at this very moment.” He walks in with one hand in the air. “Owner of name Lee Kyuwon, hands up.”

The girls giggling at his weird invitation. He attempted to make a silly face as he appeared before them, but if you born to be cute, you’ll forever look cute. That’s hapening on Oh Wonbin case.

“She’s not here.” One of the guy answered. “And please don’t barge into our practice room like that. It’s impolite.”

Wonbin notice jealousy on his voice. He smirk and point out an ok shape with his fingers. He bow down 90 degree before walk backward in that position. As he close the door and turn around he bump into Cha Bowoon and Cha Eunsang who were about to enter the room.

“Cha sisters! I feel good to see you. How do you do?”

The girls laughs at his weird greeting.

“What you’re up to in our department?” Bowoon asks.

“I have to kidnap Lee Kyuwon. Where is she?” Wonbin wishper.

“Kidnap? What do you mean?” Eunsang lean in to wishper.

“Yeah.” He shrug off. “Just a mission from my band. You’re not with her?”

Bowoon point his thumb through her shoulder. “She’s coming with Dokmi. What kind of game were you guys playing now? Why involve Kyuwon on it?”

“Wow wow wow. Don’t suspicious, Miss Cha. It would be scary if you misunderstand me. It’s something confidential so I can’t tell you yet.” Wonbin immediately add. “But I promise you’ll know before everybody knows.”

“Is this order coming from Lee Shin?” Bowoon asks again.

Wonbin cover his mouth with one hand. “Don’t force me to say something. Please. Spare me your kindness.”

Bowoon stare at him ashtonished.

Eunsang hold Bowoon’s arm. “Don’t be so hard on him. Maybe they have something important with Kyuwonnie. Let’s give a help.”

“Yeay.” Wonbin secretly exlaim.

Bowoon frowned at Eunsang. “Why should we help? What if they plan something weird for her?”

“What?? No!! Come on. We’re not that kind of guy. We just want to have a colaboration with her. So where will she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter