Love is... the mooooooment

Do You Know Heartstring?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

INTRO (just an unimportan rubbish talk)

i’m really really sorry for delaying the update, let me be honest that I’m running out of idea, i want this episode to be yongshin/shin-kyuwon only, featured an awkward romance as the starter of their relationship, but i couldn’t imagine a good and giggle-worthy scene for the past few days, this always happen if i dont have anything to watch to boost my writing, i haven’t watch any drama/movie yet since last week, my day become a boring days, my brain procrastinated

thankfully, my obsession toward British accent help me, I randomly choose Notting Hill (starred Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts) and, holy moly, it’s absolutely beautiful, the end made me smile and teary, I can’t move on, and that’s so good and helpful to force words come out of my fingers

Even though other character appear not as planned and ruining ‘yongshin special chapter’, but still, the theme is love is.... the moooooment (anyone watch the heirs? I recommend you listen to love is the moment sung by 2am changmin while read this chapter, i’m not into that song tbh, but that song has also save the life of this chapter and help me made a cringeful storyline)

ok, stop now

please forgive my grammar and ugly narration

and also a short yet complicated chapter

writer’s block is bloody scary

still, enjoy the moment

because,

love is.... the mooooooomeeent

**

“So are we friends?” Shin smile widely inside.

But Kyuwon punch the smile feature on his brain with one clueless question, “Ne?”

The signature icy stare back again on his face. “From what I heard, we sounds like we just clean up all the misunderstand between us. I explained, you understand what our intention. It feels like we’re reconcile and you can decide easier.” He lean forward to see her face who look down again as she think. Her epression is amusing, Shin can’t help but addicted to see her changing expression. “Don’t you interested to sing? How does it feel to finish a song with a band?”

He swear he saw her smiling faintly. So he poke her arm which he regret a while later. Something is wrong with her skin. “See? You like it. Come on, join us.” He pretend to ignore his secret concern about her skin.

Kyuwon didn’t pay much attention to his weird behaviour. She sighs as she says, “I don’t know. I don’t see myself like you and the guys see me. I don’t think I’m good enough for a modern music stage. I belong to gugak. I’m a gayageum player, remember? I don’t sing.”

Shin look away and sneer. Here comes the most annoying kind of girl. “You have a low self esteem.” The typical girl which Shin hate the most is now appeared before his face. He racked his brain to find a way to boost her self confidence. “When will you wake up?”

Kyuwon dejected. “Singing in the practice room is one thing. I already nervous as hell. I don’t know if I can finish a song on the stage with a lot of people watching me.”

“You can.” He nods to himself.

Kyuwon look up at him solemnly. “You only know me recently, how can you be so sure about my abbility more than me? What if I ruin the stage and leave a bad memory to the audience?”

“I told you to sing only, not setting the stage.” He says nonchalantly. Surely tired with all the anxiety she has. She needs to be more relax and chill.

“What?” Her face clearly show like she’s about to burst. She rolled her eyes in the most irritated way. “I mean, ruin the performance. How could you not get it? Come on.”

Shin fold his lips as he hid chuckles. “You won’t ruin the stage if you sing well.”

“Please, I CAN’T sing.”

It won’t getting anywhere. Shin realize joking won’t do good to make she believe in him. He staring straight into her eyes to convince her. “You never try. You wouldn’t know.”

A brief silent from her side. She seemed considering something.

It made Shin certain that this girl actualy wants to try a lot of things, but she was too scared to walk out of her comfort zone. Something must be getting in the way all this time.

“But... I have...” She hung her words much to his annoyance. “... a strict grandpa.” She put a long face for the biggest reason why she can’t find the courage to think about join the band. “He will explode if he find me sing.”

Shin raised his eyebrows as he got the answer. He feel relieved that it’s not some sort of deathly disease or stuff. If it still related with human, there will always a way out. Or shortcut, to be precise―scratch that, to be simple.

Shin smiled his boyish grin. “Don’t worry about that, little girl. This oppa can give you make over to disguise from people who might know you.”

Kyuwon give him a doubtful face. “Ma-make over?”

Shin nods arrogantly.

Kyuwon let out a small chuckles as she hissed him. “No way.”

Shin purse his lips as he grit his teeth, feeling hurt by the way she reacted to his effort. He have the urge to let her get a gist of how capable he is and how he deserve to be trusted.

He hold her cheeks with both hands and stare at her intently and solemnly. Ignore the fact that she looks nervous and surprised. “Lee Kyuwon.” He calls her with his deep and husky voice. He moves her head to face the right and left with his hands still on her cheeks. “You have a strong feminine vibe. I wonder if I make you look fierce like a punk princess, will people still able to recognize you?”

Kyuwon move back and push him lightly, she look down to the grass as her face turned rosy.

But Shin leisurely grab her cheeks and once again observing her. “We can give a strong eyeliner and thicken your eyebrows. What about cheek bone? What’s the name? When they put some line to make it looks stronger. Do you know?”

Kyuwon shook her head. As an answer, and an attempt to remove his hands from her cheeks.

“Ofcourse you don’t know.” Shin sighs. “However, you don’t have to worry about it. We’ll help you with a disguise, so you can fool anyone but still make them fall for you.” He let go of his hands. “Let’s meet the boys.” He walks ahead still talking about the make over plan. When he realise she doesn’t move a bit, he walks back and shot her his icy stare again. “Why are you dazing here? Didn’t you heard what I said? Let’s.go.meet.the.boys.”

“I’m not yet say ‘yes’.” She still can feel her cheeks burning.

Shin looks up in desperate mode. “Ok. Tell me honestly.” He stare at her with a bored and sulked face. “Do you know the white coloured thing in the sky is called cloud?”

Kyuwon frowned, have no idea why he asked a silly thing out of the blue. “Yes, ofcourse.”

“That is.” Shin flick his finger in front of her face. “You said, yes. Let’s go.”

“What? Not that kind of ‘yes’. I mean the asnwer to your proposal!” Kyuwon’s fingers curled out of frustration.

Shin put an innocent face as he asks, “When did I propose you? Are we getting married?”

“Huh?” Kyuwon totaly dumbfounded by his jokes.

Shin smirks which make him look dumb in Kyuwon’s eyes. “Okay. Enough with the jokes. Let’s go.”

“But―”

“Nooo.” He snap at her before she make up a riddiculous excuse about ‘yes’ thing again. “The Stupid don’t have much time for an empty conversation.” He narrowed his eyes at her. “Is Windflowers good enough to perform in public?”

Kyuwon frowned for a question which sounds like an insult. “Of course! We’ve been in a lot of event. We are proffesional, you know.”

“Good.” He nods, satisfied with her answer. “That’s good. So it will be okay even if you don’t practice with them?”

Kyuwon staring doubtfully at him. “What is that suppose to mean?”

“You’ll have to stay with us all the time from now onward. We’ll rent a studio to practice with you. Remember when I said we have to start our collaboration ahead of time? That’s why we have to practice hard and start performing everywhere to let our regular audience know that you will be with us for the time being.”

“Eh? But Windflowers have to perorm at the festival too.” Her eyes turn muzzy at the thought she have to leave her friends to pursue her curiousity of singing.

Shin take out his phone and scroll the screen looking for the calendar. “Ok, you decide the schedule, when will you hang out with us and your practice time with your group.”

“Hang out?” Kyuwon seems dejected with him. She can’t understand the way he think. “I thought we will practice. Festival is getting near, how can you even think about hanging out?”

Shin’s face looks so blank. Can’t get why was she angry.

“Are you serious about this whole collaboration idea? If you not, I take back goodwill to join you. I’m going back to my friends.” Kyuwon walks away, regret she almost fall for his trick.

Shin rolls his eyes, tired of the misunderstanding she kept on have about him. He walks after her and calls her name which ignored by her. Shin thought about stop her move with rough hand grabbing like signature act of male lead in drama. But he erase that idea since it looks pitiful to him. So he thought about giving her a back hug, but it sounds so lame.

He rummage his hair. He stop following her. “How do you think if we date?”

That make Kyuwon taken aback, her body frozen up to her braincells.

Shin approach the girl and tilt his head as he asks, “It’s really hard to communicate with you. All the words I said kept getting twisted. Why are we so different? What do you think will happen if we date? Fight all the time?”

Kyuwon’s shoulder stiff as if it filled with stones. “Ar-are you... conffesing?

Shin shake his head. “That’s one example of how hard we understand each other. If we’re dating, it will give us a hard time. Good news, I won’t ask you to be my girlfriend.” He shift position to stand before her. “Like I’ve been telling you a zillion times, I want you to be our performing partner. We will discussing a lot and brainstorming about music. Since it’s hard for us to talk, we have to get to know each other before we start working together, to avoid falling into fight.”

Kyuwon breathing relieved as if the weight of grandpa’s world just fell off her shoulder.

“It’ll take a long time if you learn about all of us. You only need to find out about one, that would be me since I’m the leader. I’ve always been in synch with the guys. So if you get what I’m saying, you’ll be easier to understand them.” He immediately add. “Ofourse I will learn about how you understand things too, so I won’t make you upset and hard to believe in me. I let the boys know about it too.”

“I hope you can be more serious like that.” She says. “I don’t like your jokes. You always do it in a straight face, it’s hard to tell when you’re being serious or just kidding.”

Shin laughs hard. There’s no one told him that before. It’s not a fresh confession tho, but the sensation after ‘scolded’ like that made him hard to stop laughing. It’s so ridiculous.

Kyuwon stare at him in disdain. “I’ll go if you keep laughing.”

Shin choked in between his laugh. “Ok, ok, I’m sorry.” He fold his lips to hold his laugh. With grin left on his face, he asks her to lunch with him. “Just the two of us. As leader of each groups, we have to know each other before the rest of the members.”

“But not in the back cafetaria. I don’t like the way people look at me when I was there.” Kyuwon cringed by the thought of her first experience ate lunch there few days ago.

“How many things you don’t like in this whole world?” He which ended up with a sharp glare from the corner of her eyes. He grin again as he said sorry. “Where do you like to get lunch?” He purposely change the topic to avoid her walk away again.

“Cafetaria.” She immediately add, “not the back one, I mean. The regular cafetaria. You know, I’m not a popular kid, it’s a bit inconvenient for me to show up there and get the attention I don’t need.”

Shin nods constantly as a signal that he understood what she wanted to say, also to stop her babbling about how underrated she was. He wants to ask her how she will handle the possible atention she will get after she join The Stupid. But he refrain himself because she doesn’t like it.

“Is there any place you used to go outside the campus?” He asks.

Kyuwon vaguely shook her head.

“You never eating out?” He carefully asks.

“Sometimes. But don’t have any significant favorite place.”

“Let me recommend the place.”

“Sure.”

They about to walk when she warn him not to take her to weird place, which he respond with suspicious laugh. She threat him to withdraw from the plan if he doesn’t stop laughing and make a fun of her. But he make her quit complaining with a simple and gentle pat on her back. That short gesture make her composed and follow him without a doubt.

**

Shin take her to a market near their university. It’s a traditional marketplace which popular with it’s delicious and addicting street snacks. She heard it before about this, but never try to explore since it’s more convenient to have lunch at the cafetaria. And she’s not the type who like wandering around without destination.

“What are we going to eat?” She asks when they entering deeper on the market.

“Just a little bit more.” He reply with the distance instead.

“Is that The Stupid’s favorite place?” She asks again.

“Only one mre curve, next to a don katsu outlet, we’ll arrive.” He, again, answer with the route information.

Kyuwon snort and tip toeing to catch up with him. He walks so fast as if been starving for days and impatient to reach the food stall sooner. “Ya Lee Shin, you said we havet to know each other. Why are you ignoring me?”

“Oh? Shin-ah!”

Both Shin and Kyuwon stop walking to turn their heads to the source of that voice. A grandma with a bun on top of her head waving from a food store they passed by.

“Halmeoni.” Shin walks back to approach her. “What are you doing there? Have you eat lunch?”

“Yes. Hyesun invite us to have a lunch here. For free, you know. Haven’t you heard? Hyesunnie’s second daughter married to a third generation chaebol. She looks so happy and proud.”

“Really? I should congratulate them, I guess.” Shin lean forward to take a peek inside. But it’s crowdy and noisy. Whole room filled with grandmas and ahjummas chattering and sharing food from table to table. “Well, maybe later.”

“Why? Come on in now.” Halmeoni grab his hand to take him to the store, that’s when she realize the young guy was with someone. “You’re not alone?”

Shin look back at Kyuwon who looks perplexed and lost. “Yeah, a friend from the band.”

“But she’s a girl. I thought your band member are all guys. Those kids who eat a lot.” The grandma says.

“She’s a new member.” Shin pointed at her with his thumb. “Lee Kyuwon.”

Halmeoni nods. She smile at Kyuwon, calls her to join them.

Wavering, Kyuwon come to them and bow politely to halmeoni. She try to do eye contact with Shin, wishing him to stick to the plan. Hang out with mothers doesn’t sounds like a good idea when you ‘re with an opposite gender friend.

They might think weirdly assuming we actualy dating, or worse, try to hook us up. Come on, Shin, read my sign!

“Omo. Shinnie!” An ahjumma calls out from inside, makes everyone turn their hands out of curiousity.

Shinnie? Kyuwon pretend to scratching her lips to hide her giggles. Oh my God! They call him Shinnie? What a cutie kid Lee Shin is!

Shin cleared his throat noticing the strange expression on her face. He knows she wants to laugh at the way he got called. He wave his hand nonchalantly to the ahjummas who become hyper and telling him to join them.

“Oh~ uri Shinnie. It’s been a long time.” Another ahjumma wears an apron approach them, pating Shin’s arms longingly. “Aigo, halmeoni. What are you doing not take him inside?”

“Mwoya? I was talked with him because he bring his girlfriend here.” Halmeoni obviously doesn’t wants to get blamed, but her denial makes it hard for Shin and Kyuwon.

“Omo!” The apron ahjuma clap her hands as if there’s mosquito flying in front of her. “You’ve got a girlfriend, Shinnie?”

“No, she’s a girl, and friend―”

His stutter can’t be heard at all as the apron ahjumma shouting to the whole mothers in the store that cutie Shinnie came with his girlfriend. A girl as in a date.

Kyuwon irritably hit his arm. She scold him in whisper. “Now what happen, you troublemaker? Why are you dragging me into this?”

Shin grin at her with a clear guilt on his face. “Hold on. I’ll fix it.” He says. He come to the apron ahjumma to give clarification, but he draged in instead without being able to says anything.

Halmeoni walks down the stair carefully then grab Kyuwon’s arm to enter the store. She can’t refuse or decline the invitation either as Shin already stucked inside in between the ahjumas. Shyly and hesistant, she walks in with halmeoni, which welcomed with everyone looking at her in exxagerated excitement. They keep saying that she looks pretty and cute. They completely amaze by her presence.

Kyuwon’s signature style named after ‘skirt for every ocassion’. She likes to wear skirt so much. Pants feel suffocated and itchy. The only pants she wears are pajama and sweatspant. Kind of loose pants. She likes her skin free from any tight material. Even now she wore a knee-lenght black skirt with a loose sunflower blouse. The curl in her hair fell perfectly above her shoulder. The natural make up on her face makes her looks even better.

“I’m so happy you finaly choose a normal looking girl. Omona... all the girls I saw around you are not a good daughter-in-law material.” An ahjumma with a long hair says.

Shin and Kyuwon sit next to each other on the table at the middle, as if those mothers want everyone able to pay attention at them fairly. Everyone are so nice. They serve everything and set it in front of them. The halmeoni even give Kyuwon a full of rice bowl which much more than her usual portion.

“Who are they? Your family?” K

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter