Confuse

Do You Know Heartstring?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Lee Kyuwon, hei Lee Kyuwon."

Kyuwon blinking rapidly to get her soul back to the earth. "Ne, harabeoji?"

"What happen with you? Not gonna eat that food in front of you? Are you on diet?" He hiss. "Don't be picky, anyway it was you the one who cook. You should eat. Hurry. You'll be late to school."

"Ah, ne. I'm just a little bit drowsy." Kyuwon grin before shove the rice on her bowl.

It's amazing how grandpa didn't found out that she was missing the whole night. He didn't suspicious or looks like having bad feeling at all. The morning passed by like another morning― quiet and boring― in that house.

Kyuwon finish doing the dishes 15 minutes later. After cleaned the table and make a cup of tea for grandpa, she slowly walks to the gate with nervousness filled her heart. She open the gate slightly to let her upper body slip. She have to make sure she won't bump into Shin. After the unexpected things happened last night, meeting Shin is the last thing she wants to do. It will be super awkward and she already feels her cheeks burning upon imagine if that happen for real.

So check on the left side, from the direction of his house, it's clear. Right side, in case he passed by while she wears her shoes, ok, clear.

"What are you doing there?"

Kyuwon cringe when her right shoulder bump into the gate lock out of surprise. She turn around to whin at the grandpa. But she lost the chance in a split of second by grandpa's nag. Doesn't want to listen any further, she bow and bid goodbye even though grandpa hasn't done with his speech.

"Aigo... why is she so peculiar? I hope the day she become normal and decent will coming soon." Grandpa sulking on his way to the bathroom.

**

The morning class feels boring as ever. Shin almost had his eyes shut if not because of the antic prank of Wonbin and Junhee in front of him. Still, that doesn't make this class fun. It's just one minute after his last sleepy moment, Shin yawning again, not bother to use his palm to cover it.

"Seventeen." Sehyun says.

Shin lean his back to the chair. "What is that?"

Sehyun grin. "Yawning count."

Shin chuckles at Sehyun's weird habit of counting yawn of the kids in class. "Is that my number?"

"Nope. Yours is twenty one. Seventeen is for Go Dokmi over there." Sehyun pointed at Kyuwon's best friend who sits near the door.

Shin looking at the girl with a frown. He started to easyly remember Windflower girls' faces as of late, since they bump into each other more often then ever. "She's in our class?"

"Yeah. This is obligatory subject anyway. Every department should take this." Sehyun says.

"Since when?"

Sehyun stare at Shin as if he was a nosy stranger. "God's know when. I haven't learn the history of this school yet. You check it yourself at the library if you curious about how classes divided."

"What?" Shin immediately realize that his question has mislead the bassist, he giggles. "No, that's not what I mean. That girl, since when she's in our class?"

Sehyun looks at Dokmi as he reply. "Since the begining of this semester." He turn his head to shot a disdain stare at Shin. "What happen with your brain? Isn't it obvious everyone will join the class when new semester start?"

Shin give a massage to Sehyun's shoulder while holding back a smile. The reason is, that kind of anger remind him to someone who also complained at how bad his talking abbility is.

"Sorry, I just didn't notice her."

"Yeah, I know. You will always miss anyone's presence." Sehyun snort annoyingly.

"Did you always having a hard time all this time Song Sehyun? Because of my talking habit."

Sehyun glance at the leader. "Glad you realize."

Shin almost burst out in laughter if not because of the profesor who started to notice them not pay attention to the class. Shin looks away, hope watching the birds fly around outside the window could help him stop the urge to laugh.

The sky looks a bit gloomy that morning, but it doesn't seems the cloud will give them rain anytime soon. That moment down there, he sees Kyuwon walking arms in arms with her friend Cha Bowoon. They seems too absorbs in their conversation judging by their expression.

I'll see you later, Shin told her through his mind. But shame on him, telepathy didn't work between them.

**

"When will Dokmi finish her class?" Eunsang asks as soon as Kyuwon and Dokmi enter the practice room.

"In half an hour, I guess. What are we gonna do while waiting for her?" Kyuwon says. They can't possibly have a grup practice if Dokmi isn't there.

"I'll get a coffee. Want some?" Bowoon always been the one who initiate to go get food or something to drink everytime they were waiting for something. She doesn't even sit and just want to go straight to coffee shop by the school gate. She doesn't like to wait without doing anything.

"I want to go with you." Dokmi take the purse on her bag. "What about you, Kyuwon-ah?"

Kyuwon staring at the gayageum which already set on it's usual position. She give her reply after dazing for a while, "I'll stay here." She looks up to her friends. "I'll do a little practice since my fingers felt a little stiff for no reason."

Bowoon chuckles. "That's just your feeling. Sure you won't bored we leave you alone?"

"It's fine." Kyuwon crawling to meet the gayageum. "Could you get me an affogato, by the way?"

"Ok." Bowoon wink before she close the door, left behind Kyuwon all alone in the room.

When she's about to get her hands on the gayageum, her phone vibrate, a message from Dokmi who says she's super sleepy and wondering if there is snack in the pratice room.

"Glad I took the class earlier last year with Bowoon and Eunsang. Can't imagine sit in a boring class without my squad." Kyuwon giggles as she send the reply to Dokmi says Bowoon and Eunsang were on their way to get practicing supply.

Did The Stupid likes to talked about me?

Kyuwon frowning at Dokmi's weird sudden question.

Kyuwon - I have no idea what is this about, but they never talking bad about my girls

Dokmi - what about talking good?

Kyuwon - mm...not really. What's wrong?

Dokmi - The Stupid is in this class. Lee Shin and Song Sehyun kept looking at me while they were chating. I feel bad about it. Did I do something wrong to them?

Kyuwon - no way. It won't be you. It must be them who have a problem. You did nothing wrong. Don't worry, just ignore them

Dokmi - I hope this class end as fast as possible. I want to go to practice room sooner ><

Kyuwon squints her eyes at her phone screen. Try to figure out the possible reason behind Shin and Sehyun behaviour toward Dokmi. They never talks about The Windflowers in a bad way. At least in front of her.

Before she realize, she send a message to Shin asks him a favor to leave Dokmi alone. But that's not the reason why she's wailing on the floor right now. It's her spontanious act.

"How come I text him first? Why am I? It's so embarassing I could die." Kyuwon shook her head doesn't care if it makes her hair a mess. "I've tried to avoid him at all cost. I should've been aware of my thumbs' well being." She glaring at her two thumbs. "What have you done, silly? Don't you know it's already awkward? Why did you make it even worse?"

Sighs.

Talk about awkward, a fleeting memory she force to erase suddenly pop out in her brain again. A sacred night for her very first kiss.

**

Kyuwon has made a decision. For her peaceful life, for her safety and behaviour, for her heart that could be in danger. As she saw the lights from her house gate, she put a faint yet fast smile. She turned around and walked backward as she told him, "I would love us to remain stranger. Thank you for the sight seeing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter