Hot Issue

Do You Know Heartstring?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The whole school hysteric upon watching Lee Shin and Lee Kyuwon come together on a bike. Is it real? Or just their imagination when Lee Shin Kyuwon’s hair as she looking down to hide her face from the spotlight. What’s going on?

Ever since Lee Kyuwon’s head hunting not long ago, people start to aware of her existance. They thnk of her as a joke because The Stupid looks like they make fun of her as they’re close friends. Just friend, not more. Much to their surprise, the leaders of the two group are actualy dating. No one expect that as Shin and Kyuwon don’t look anything like romantic couple at all. But it’s happeed, right before their eyes.

Dating rumour is confirmed.

The sounds of their finger typing to smartphone filled the air as Kyuwon walks through their stare to her class. The news spread in an instance Kyuwon takes, eyes looking at her are increased.

Lee Shin… ishh… why should he touch my hair when people are watching? He did that on purpose. Absolutely on purpose. He wants to announce it. But now he isn’t here! He’s not here. Only me! I’m the only one who have to face them! I am!

“Ya. Lee Kyuwon!”

Kyuwon startle, and sigh in relief as soon as she notice who calls her. She run to them, desperately trying lean on.

“Help,” she squeal in wishper as they take a seat on the grass at the quiet yard near their department.

“What happened? Are you really dating him?” Bowoon asks.

Kyuwon chuckles bashfully without saying anything.

The other three staring at her dumbfounded. They didn’t meet each other over the weekend and by that time Kyuwon and Lee Shin suddenly become a couple.

“What’s going on here?” Eunsang asks.

“How could you date him? Does he really likes you? Did he conffesed?” Dokmi’s voice tremble as she try to surpress her excitement.

Kyuwon look at her watch. “It’s about time. We’ll be late. Let’s go to clas—“

“No.” Bowoon pulls Kyuwon back to sit. “Let’s skip the class for once.”

“What? Are you serious?” It’s hard to believe that idea comes from the dilligent and strict Cha Bowoon. “Do you think we can focus in class without knowing the story of you and Shin?”

Eunsang and Dokmi both give Kyuwon a straight and serious stare make the idea of skiping class can’t be rejected. Embarrass, reluctant, but can’t help to brag is the situation inside Kyuwon’s head. Yet she tells them at last. The girls squealed and cringed a lot by her story. It’s like they’re back to fangirling days before they acquainted with The Stupid.

When they talk about grandpa and the possibility of disaster that would happen if he knows, the enemy of Shin approached and asked for Kyuwon’s times.

“Oh… Kiyeong…-sshi…” Kyuwon steal a glance to her friends, “how do you know I was here?”

Kiyeong smiles. “But if you’re still busy, let’s talk later. Over lunch, maybe?”

“Lu-lunch?” Kyuwon look at her friends with an obvious asking for help stare.

“Eottohkae? We already have reservation in a restaurant for lunch.” Bowoon says. She takes out her phone. “Do you want me to cancel it for you?” Fake question.

“Eh? I feel bad if you do that.” Kyuwon try to look as guilty as possible. But Kiyeong is an actor, will he find out? It’s bad, he will find out.

“Oh, okay. If you’re that busy. Sorry for the interuption. I’ll get going.”

He doesn’t find out. He sounds angry though. Yet he smiles before he left.

Kyuwon sighs. “Now I feel bad for him. Should I give him some time?”

“Ya. We sacrifice our class just to have a good time talking about Lee Shin and you. What do you mean by give some of our precious time for Hyun Kiyeong-sshi?” Eunsang unexpectedly complainin louder than the other two. She sounds like Bowoon in Kyuwon’s ears.

“But,” Dokmi tilt her head, “isn’t Kiyeong-sshi close to your harabeoji? He won’t tell him about you and Shin, right?”

“No way.” Kyuwon seems to caught off guard by that possibility. “He won’t do such thing. Do you think… he will?”

Bowoon scratch her nape. “This wont do. I think you have to go talk with him. Make him promise he wouldn’t talk about your relationship with Lee Shin.”

“Eeh? But we have skipped class, Bowoon-ah.” Eunsang seems to disappoint if Kyuwon leave them just like that.

“I’ll be right back after I talk to him. Wait for me.” Kyuwon gets up and quickly run to catch Kiyeong before he disappear. “Kiyeong-sshi!!” She almost out of breath when she catch up to him. “Let’s have a talk. Sorry about my friend.”

“Ne? Is it really okay if you leave them?” He looks hesistant.

Kyuwon nods. “It’s fine. Let’s go. Where do you want to talk to?”

**

“Yoooo~” Wonbin jump as he arrive in front of Junhee and Sehyun, then sit randomly on the grass. “What’s going on? I heard people wishpering when I passed by every one.” He takes a piece of Junhee’s snack and put it in his mouth.

“Hyung, haven’t you heard? Shin hyung and Kyuwon eonnie are dating.”

Wonbin bit his tongue by accident. Sehyun laugh at him nonchalantly.

Wonbin gets up and sit straight. He point his finger at Sehyun and Junhee in front of him. “Mwo??”

Sehyun still laughing. “It’s ridiculously noisy, you know. People have been so shamelessly come to us over and over again to confirm the news. That’s why we sit here so they can easily asking.”

Wonbin sneers. “What are you two? Customer service?” He takes a bite of Junhee’s snack again. “Wheres is Shin, by the way?”

“Job interview. I guess he’ll comes before lunch,” said Sehyun.

“Ah, right. That job interview. He’ll pass. Trust me. My cousin worked there before she resign for a marriage. She said it’s pretty easy to be accepted in that company. “That’s why their employee keep come and go. Easy to apply, easy to quit.”

Sehyun frowning at nothing in particular. “That’s sounds like a company with poor management system.”

Wonbin flick his finger. “Exactly.”

Junhee sighs. “Will Shin hyung be okay?” He mumbles.

“By the way, how’s the gossip? Is it true they’ve start dating?” Wonbin asks.

“True. We have asked Shin as soon as we heard it. He replied our text with only ‘yea’.” Sehyun shows Wonbin the message on his phone.

Wonbin chuckles. That’s very Shin. Simple and straight forward.

“Oh??” Junhee squints his eyes and stick out his neck to be able seeing far.

Sehyun and Wonbin curious with what makes the dummer looks so surprised. They do the same as Junhee as the they try to find out what it is. At the road down there, in between the trees, they saw Kyuwon and Kiyeong walk by each other without having conversation.

“Who’s that?” Wonbin asks.

“Hyun Kiyeong, isn’t he? From acting department if I’m not mistaken.” Sehyun says.

Junhee the snack crumbs from his fingers. “What’s Kyuwon eonnie doing with him? I don’t like it.”

Sehyun shakes his head. “She doesn’t cheat. I doubt so.”

Wonbin looks up to stare at Sehyun. “No one said she’s cheating with him.”

Sehyun grin. “Right.” He chuckles. “Maybe I heard it in my imagination.”

“Let’s call eonnie to hang out with us.” Junhee stands up abruptly, but immediately falls to the ground as Wonbin and Sehyun grab his hands to stay back.

“Don’t meddle with their business.” Wonbin warn him.

“Why? We have to protect eonnie!”

Sehyun slide to Junhee’s back and hug him by the shoulder. “They haven’t announce to us officialy. Let’s not doing anything until they speak up. Both of them. Lee Shin and Lee Kyuwon. We have to wait. You got me?”

Junhee sulked. “Whyyyy?”

Wonbin tickles Junhee’s chin. “Come on. Don’t be a busybody. Let’s sit and relax until we asked for help.”

**

Waking up early, wearing formal clothes, riding on shiny leather shoes, ready to stand by in front of computer all day. That kind of routine is never been in his imaginaton at all since he was a kid. It sounds like a luxury he wouldn’t want to have. It’s not easy to be a productive artist, but being a salary man surely ain’t easier in many ways.

He has observed everyone around him ever since he step inside the waiting room. Every one still young and eyes filled with optimistic spirit. There was a girl in a knee-leght skirt next to Shin keep mouthed some knowledge he’ve never heard of it. Maybe something from economic term? The guy with a neat hair style across Shin keep inhale-exhale and couldn’t stop shaking his feet. Seems too much anxiety on him. The one inside the room was being loud either because of nervous or want to brag about his achievement to the interviewer. It’s irritate Shin how the room wall thin that he can overhear people talk in the other room.

Shin is bored. He regret ever thinking to take this job interview. It’s not worth to fight judging from his impression toward the building and the employee he sees as he wait for his turn. He sense something weird about this company.

As he decided to walk out, his phone wibrate twice. Two messages from unknown number. A message, and a picture.

I don’t mean to harm you or anyone. I just want to let you know about this. Please, you should reconsider about dating her.

Shin frowns at the message. “Who?”

When he download the picture, his eyebrow raise in conf

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter