Face Off

Do You Know Heartstring?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin drive his car slowly through the small road in Myeongdong which still crowded with people who craving for late night snack just like them. Shin’s favorite place is at the edge of the road. It’s not that popular but it’s nice since it meets his preference the most.

“There are so many people hanging out at night for foods.” Kyuwon mumble in awe.

“Welcome to the street.” Shin smirk playfully. He pointed here and there to intoduce her to the most popular shops they pass by. He was too enthusiast he didn’t pay much attention to the road. Only few glances to make sure it safe from passer by.

Until he almost hit a couple who were having a lover fight and jump out of no where in front of his car. Furious and shock, Shin push the horn constantly without mercy. Everyone on the scene turn their heads to the source of commotion. Even some people who were eating inside walked out just to find out what’s happening?

“Lee... Lee Shin... can you... can you stop the horn now? Everyone will mad...” Kyuwon horrified with the look people gave them. Not to mention the loud murmuring of witnesses when they explain the situation to other people.

The guy who jump to the street and almost got hit by Shin looks angry by now. He kicks the bumper of Shin’s car and pointed at him, looks like saying something but can’t be heard clearly as it’s noisy outside.

“You get out of my way!!” Shin shrieking much to Kyuwon surprise, she snuggle to the door for feeling scared by Shin.

The guy walks to Shin side and bang the window, asking him to go out.

Shin grit his teeth as he open the door to confront the guy. “You didn’t even get hurt, why are you making a fuss?”

The guy snorted. “So it was you.”

Shin shot him his icy glare, pretending he doesn’t remember that guy at all. In fact he recognize at once that he was the one with Kyuwon few days back, and the girl who was with him is his former high school mate, Han Heeju.

“Arrogant as always.” He push Shin to the side to crouch and see who’s with him. That time Kyuwon also strecth her neck to overhear the situation. She wants to know, but she’s too scared to involve in the fight.

The moment her eyes meet the guy’s eyes is the most shocking event in history.

“Kyuwon?”

“Ki-kiyeong-sshi?”

“What are you doing here?”

“You―” Kyuwon’s eyes shifted to the girl who were crossing arms on chest and staring back at her. She’s the girl from college, Kyuwon didn’t remember her name, but that girl is obviously popular.

Kiyeong stand straight to face Shin. “I think we need to sort things out some where.”

A blonde haired guy approach hastyly to separate them from fighting. “Dude, come on. No one get hurt, isnt’t it? Don’t fight for something useless.”

Kiyeong give him his signature diplomatic eye smile. “Don’t worry. We won’t fight. We just realize that we are an old acquintance meet for the first time after years. It’s too coincidence to bump into each other here this way.” He look around and bow to everyone. “I’m very sorry for the inconvenience. The horn thing is just an insider joke. We’re really sorry.” He elbow Shin cheekyly. “Go appologize, bro,” wishper with mouth close in smiling form.

Don’t want to make a fuss, Shin bow nonchalantly to the people then gets in his car without furhter ado. He looks irked upon looking at the rearview to find Kiyeong and Heeju already at the back seat. He halfheartedly drive the car to the edge of the road, turn left at the intersection before the park, then he stop his car near a fountain.

“I thought we’re going to eat somewhere.” Heeju sulked, still crossing her arms in disdain.

“I don’t think I can eat comfortably with you all.” Shin grumble as he turn off the car.

“Oh really?” Kiyong smirked. “Then why did you came out with Kyuwon if you’d feel uncomfortable around her?”

She’s out of question, you moron! Shin get off the car without say anything in respond to Kiyeong’s question. He knock the window and signal him to get out.

Kiyeong sigh and raise his eyebrow to the girls as he get out of the car.

Kyuwon panicking. She’s worried they will have a fist fight or something. She have no idea that these two know each other. She knows they are both popular, but she never have an idea that they’re in some circle of friendship or whatnot. However it doesn’t seems like the relationship they have is not in a good term.

“Don’t go out.” Heeju warn her without look away from her phone. “It’s not girl’s business.”

Kyuwon pull her hands away from the door. She doesn’t look back to ask Heeju nor looks at her from the rearview, “So are you and Kiyeong-sshi dating?”

Heeju's smirk looks more like an insult which made Kyuwon, who got a glimpse of it through the window, dumbfounded. “Sort of.”

Kyuwon take a long brief before spit out her thought. “I genuinely hope you’re dating and keep dating until you two getting married.”

Heeju squinted her eyes at Kyuwon.

As if can feels Heeju’s stare stabing her back, Kyuwon turn her body and make a pleading face begging the girl to believe that she’s really feel bad. “Actualy... me and him tied in an arrange married.”

“I know.”

“What?”

“You don’t have to brag about it.”

Kyuwon frowns for feeling absurd with the situation. “I’m not bragging. I’m going to beg you. Stay with him. I’m not deserve a guy like him.”

“You like Lee Shin, aren’t you?”

Kyuwon gulps hard. “N-no. Why are you ask about him? He have nothing to do with this.”

Heeju smirks as she shrug her chin to the guys’ direction. “What do you think they will talk outside?”

It hit Kyuwon’s sense. Being in arrange marriage is the last thing she wants Shin to hear. He’s not suppose to know. When Kyuwon about to get off the car, Shin and Kiyeong get in and make her freeze with the door left open.

“Where are you going?” Shin ask.

“Ah... no.” Kyuwon stuttering and timidly close the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter