Chapter 08

Bend or Break [2014 ver.]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER 08: I’M SORRY

 

Haerin

 

Hyeri and I walked to the campus entrance while the lads were still picking a parking space to park their vehicles. For some reasons the parking lot was almost full so Sehun had to go around and look for his own space along with the rest of EXO-K, Tao and Jongdae. We were animatedly talking about the “The Fault in Our Stars” film that we watched with the guys over the weekend.

 

“They were all gay for that film, I think Sehun and I were the only one who didn’t cry and Lay oppa fell asleep,” She said as I sighed and rolled my eyes.

 

“You weren’t even at least affected?!” I gasped. I’m a huge fan of the book and I cried for ages. Sehun is the witness to all of the mourning and boxes of tissue I had consumed.

 

“No. I mean the book said Gus would die right? It was kind of predictable,” She said as I sighed at her. Hyeri did not read the book. I recommended her to though, but she wasn’t just much of a bookworm than I am. She knew the ending because I had to let out my feels for the novel, hence, she predicted the ending of the film.

 

“You should’ve read the book though. It’s really, really amazing. I bawled for days,” I said, pouting at her as she laughed at me and hung an arm around me and stopped both of us from walking.

 

“Haerin, listen to me. You, bawling over a book and I partying at a school night are the things that make us be the best of friends. Our differences tug us closer in some way, okay?” She said as I gave her a look and she beamed a smile at me, “So don’t make me read those books that I will never be interested in. Let’s stick to each other’s comfort zone,” She said as I rolled my eyes at her. She just laughed and dragged me in to the entrance.

 

“Your skirt looks horrendous. Let’s go shopping later,” She said as we both looked down on my floral skater skirt, which does not look horrendous at all. She just happened to be a very fashionable person so I basically look like crap next to her all the time. I just wasn’t the type to spend too many hours getting ready. I mean jeans and shirt always worked for me. Although sometimes I do try to be all girly for the sake of everyone in the house who tells me that I never doll up.

 

“Suho oppa bought this skirt though. He said I should wear one more often around school,” I said, looking over at Hyeri who rolled her eyes and sighed.

 

“That explains the boring look. Pretty sure it’s expensive but it looks horrendous,” She grimaced.

 

 

“Alright fine. Let’s go shopping later then,” I said as she clapped her hands and clung onto my arms as we entered the hallway. As soon as we took a step inside, we froze. All eyes were on us—well, me—and it was very uncomfortable. They were each holding something, a paper? And then they started to whisper among their peers as they eye at us. Hyeri and I exchanged looks as we started to walk slowly further inside. There were photos taped on every locker. They were all the same photos. It looked familiar. The ones in the photo look very familiar.

 

Hyeri walked away from me to grab a copy of the photo from one of the lockers and then walked back to me, “Holy ,” She gasped as I took the photo from her hands.

 

It was Soohyun…and Sehun. Two photos of them were merged into a collage. I could tell the picture from the left was way back because Sehun’s had rainbow colored hair back then. He sat on a stool and Soohyun was sitting on his lap with her blouse ed as she lingered her fingers on Sehun’s chest. This was the scandal before. I knew about this but I didn’t think there were pictures. The next picture got me gaping at the photo. On the left was a picture of Sehun and Soohyun…kissing. And I could tell that this was just recently because of Sehun’s brown hair. She was on top of him. Both of their eyes were closed as their lips pressed together.

 

What…

 

I was at lost for words. This has got to be photoshopped. I prayed it was edited though I highly doubt that it is. I’m fond of photoshop myself. I know when it’s edited or not. Either this is real or a professional had edited this to make it look real.

 

“Haerin this-”

 

“Hi Haerin!” An annoying, screeching voice of another girl greeted, cutting off Hyeri’s statement. I looked up and saw Soohyun and her three little sidekicks. She beamed a huge grin at me as she stood intimidatingly close to me. She was taller by a few inches because of her heels.

 

“I see you saw the photos,” She said as my jaw tensed. I’m not usually the violent kind and I wasn’t usually mad but this is getting to my last nerve.

 

“If you wanted to advertise yourself as a star, you could’ve asked for better pictures. Maybe use a high quality camera next time,” I bit back and the atmosphere just darkened. She scoffed and gave me a smirk.

 

“,” She taunted as I stepped closer and Hyeri immediately held me back, afraid that I might hurt Soohyun. Like I said, I’m not the violent kind but I just might be violent this once. I heard footsteps coming from the entrance and the commotion just blew more out of proportion that it already have.

 

“What’s going on here?” I heard Chanyeol ask curiously from the back and soon I felt their presence behind me. Sehun automatically stood beside me. He tugged my wrist to pull me back from Soohyun.

 

“What the do you want Soohyun?” Sehun harshly spat as Soohyun took a copy of the photo from one of her three sidekicks and shook it in front of Sehun’s face. Annoyed, Sehun stole it from her hands and he looked at it. I gazed at him. He looked pale and in quite a shock. But it was mixed with anger and furiousness as his brows furrowed deeply and darted Soohyun a glare.

 

“I was just showing Haerin here what happened to us a few days ago at my place. When we kissed,” She said mockingly as I looked at her. I can feel Sehun tense beside me. He’s fuming but he won’t blow up…yet, at least. Soohyun crossed her arms and eyed at me.

 

“You see Sehun told us that he had never gotten laid since you became his girlfriend. Because you’re a total nun, a conservative innocent little girl who can’t give Sehun what he really needs,” Soohyun said as he oozed in on my face and my brows furrowed as I glared at her, “I just gave him the excitement that you can’t provide,” She whispered as tears began to well in my eyes, blurring my vision of her.

 

Sehun grabbed her arm and pushed her away making her stumble back but her friends caught her. She gasped and stood up again, desperately trying to fix herself, “ you, Sehun. Why don’t you just admit to your girlfriend that we kissed? Are you afraid that your nun will leave you? Even Hyeri can testify that it happened. She was there,”

 

I immediately gave Hyeri a look as I hear my heart crumble into pieces. She gaped. I know that face. I know she’s hiding something. She’s in panic right now. There’s something she isn’t telling me.

 

“I- Haerin- It’s- It’s-” She stammered as I bit my lower lip as I prepare to hear whatever the truth was, “It’s true,” Her words of confirma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter