Chapter 31

Bend or Break [2014 ver.]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER 31: IT WORKS  

Haerin

 

I was dragged out of the car to what seemed to be an abandoned building. The sun was setting and it was getting dark outside. Once we entered the building, there were more guys waiting. I was trying to struggle out of their grip but they were holding me too tight.

 

“Daehyun, what the ? You didn’t say we were going to take away a ing bride,”

 

“Shut up Yongguk,” Daehyun said, exasperated. I glared at him as he looked down on me and smirked. I pulled back but when I did, he pushed me away towards the group of guys, “Tie her down the chair.”

 

“Am I going to put duct tape on ?” Another guy asked.

 

“Of course Zelo,” Daehyun answered, rolling his eyes and walking to the table.

 

The guy named Zelo—I believe—tied me down the chair and covered my mouth with duct tape. He gazed at me, apologetically, for a few minutes before he bit his lip and moved away from me. Two guys, who were named Himchan and Youngjae as this Daehyun guy called them, got an order to wait outside along with Zelo and Yongguk.

 

I didn’t bother struggling out of the chair since they tied me pretty tightly. I was tied so tightly my hands are beginning to get numb. Glaring at Daehyun, I must admit this bastard is pretty good at disguising himself as a young driver. And to think he was being a gentleman, fetching me and stuff, only to find myself tied in a ing chair, kidnapped.

 

He took an old rusty chair and sat across me. His chair was facing backwards so his front was leaning on the chair’s backrest. He had this smirk on his face, the kind of smirk that a player on the lead would somehow plaster on. I wanted to know why he took me, but unfortunately I can’t speak because of the duct tape in my mouth. I waited patiently for him to start talking but for the past five or ten minutes, all he did was stare and occasionally smirk at me.

 

“You know, you’re pretty,” He walked towards me and leaned forward. I immediately pulled my face back in initial reaction to what he did. Daehyun caressed my cheek as I felt a bitter taste in my mouth. I was breathing, heavily. He suddenly peeled off the duct tape way too fast that I squirmed and cursed under my breath.

 

“But I didn’t think Sehun would go for someone like you,” He scoffed and threw the tape away from his hands as he stood, looking down on me with that smirk once again.

 

“Well I guess I’m lucky,” I retorted, almost sardonically as I glared at him.

 

“Oh no baby, you’re just the opposite of that,” He chuckled and then leaned forward once again. He used one hand to clasp my face, squeezing my cheeks tightly as he gritted his teeth, “Lucky is when you’re in your wedding dress and walking down the aisle. But you’re not. You’re sitting here, in this abandoned place, unknown to your fiancé,”

 

“Why are you doing this?” I asked as he let go of my face. All too fast, he swing his arm and a hard slap landed on my right cheek, causing me to throw my head sideward as I gasped in pain.

 

“Because I know there isn’t a better way to hurt Sehun than hurt the one he loves the most. Unfortunately for you, you’re the one he loves,” He scoffed once more and pulled my hair up, gripping it tightly. His eyes darted at me. He looked at me like he was so close to killing me—and he actually is—but I don’t know what’s keeping him from taking that gun and shooting a bullet to my head.

 

“Then why don’t you just get over this and shoot me already?” The amount of courage I have shocked me. I didn’t know where it was coming from but I was mad and hurt and scared too. I was feeling too many emotions all at once that I started tearing up as I glared at him, “Come on. Pick the goddamn gun and ing shoot me.”

 

“No sweetie, no,” He said, cooing me in a mocking way. He leaned down to level his face with mine and held the back of my head. He pressed his forehead against mine as I shivered, feeling him breathe close to my mouth, “What makes you think I’m going to kill you now?” He asked, his lips lingering along mine as I cried and bit my lips.

 

Daehyun’s lips continued to linger on my cheeks, all the way to my earlobes. I heard him hum and breathe and then whispered, “Sehun has to be here first before I leave you dead baby,”

 

Soon enough, I was unconscious with one hard slap from Daehyun.

 

Nothing but black.

 

Nothing but pain.

 

 

Sehun

 

I tossed a shot of vodka through my mouth and felt it burn through my throat as I stared at old records of Daehyun and his gang. The last time they made a scene was two years ago and that was nothing compared to what they did this time. I glared at his mug-shot along with the papers attached behind it. This bastard will pay the price.

 

“Sehun,” Dragged out of my reverie, Suho hyun and Kris hyung called my attention. I stood up without a word and went to the living room where all of them were. The living room was a lot more of a mess than the room I shared with Haerin. There were papers scattered around, in search of any clue or motive for Daehyun to do this.

 

“It’s been two days. We found nothing yet. Maybe it’s time to get the police invol-”

 

“Are you stupid?” I spat harshly before Luhan hyung could even continue his sentence.

 

“Sehun, we’re just trying to help here. Do you think we want to be sitting here knowing nothing about Haerin’s safety?” Baekhyun hyung interjected. I sighed and plopped down the couch.

 

“More than half of us don’t even know who these guys are or what they do. You and Jongin are keeping something from us that I think would help us as to why Haerin was taken,” Jongdae hyung said. Jongin gave me a look, I stared back at him and gave him a simple nod.

 

“Here’s the thing,” Jongin started off, “Daehyun is a stupid little er who runs around making trouble bigger than what people could imagine him doing,”

 

“No , Sherlock. He kidnapped Haerin, I sure don’t imagine anyone like him to do that ,” Chanyeol cut him off.

 

“Stop blocking me, I’m trying to tell you a story,” Jongin glared at him for a while and then went on with the story, “Back in our high school, Daehyun and his gang were known for being bad boys. Typical bad boys. The kind of boys who smoked weed behind the gym or inside a restroom. Sehun and I were mostly known for being…players,”

 

“Are you trying to say that all of this is because you two got more famous in high school than that dumb ?” Tao asked, his face obviously telling everyone he was pissed.

 

Jongin looked at me and then sighed, “It’s not about the fame hyung. Sehun and I thinks that he’s doing this because of Sehun and Hyeri,”

 

“That is still in this story?!” Tao exclaimed, with his mouth agape and clenched fist, “He already ruined too much for Sehun and Haerin and now she’s part of this ing scheme too?!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter