Chapter 21

Bend or Break [2014 ver.]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER 21: SHE’S BACK

 

“Yah! Kyungsoo! Hurry up!” Baekhyun shouted as he stood by the front door, waiting for his other member, “Come on! Chanyeol’s waiting down stairs! We don’t like making the giant wait,” He added.

 

Kyungsoo emerged from his room and walked in a normal pace, taking the keys from the counter and leaving the lights out since it was too early anyway. The younger one glared at the noisy beagle who wouldn’t stop yelling his name for the last five minutes and who was now laughing to himself at the sight of Kyungsoo.

 

“Chanyeol’s going to kill you when he finds out you made him wait for twenty minutes only to end up in an all black clothing,” Baekhyun teased as he received a glare from Kyungsoo right after passing by him. The beagle closed the door and followed the younger one ahead.

 

Right when they arrived at the front entrance of the building, they heard a loud honk coming from the car that was parked on the curb. The windows rolled down and revealed a pretty displeased Chanyeol. He gave the two a glare and then gaped at what Kyungsoo was wearing.

 

“Dude! You made me wait long to wear that?!” Chanyeol exclaimed as the two approached the car. Sitting by the passenger seat was Baekhyun who knew that if he let the younger one sit there would only make Chanyeol’s life miserable. Kyungsoo on the other hand sat quietly in the back and took out the list of grocery they were going to do.

 

It was a long list. They’re going to go grocery shopping for both K and M today because Luhan refused to do grocery shopping without Xiumin and he didn’t want to go with Kris, claiming that he wouldn’t be that much of a help to him and he also didn’t want Tao to go because the kid points at everything he wants to buy. And then there’s Lay, who did not even know it was that time of the month again where they have to go grocery shopping.

 

Suho and Kyungsoo were both stressed enough that the guys were being big babies around them and although some of them were taking responsibility, it just wasn’t…responsible enough for the two men. And then there’s Hyeri who is now two and a half months pregnant, nearly three months. She eats a lot. The guys couldn’t even believe that four meals a day aren’t enough. They were aware of her condition but they didn’t imagine it would be like this. Now the guys are taking care of her like family because they knew that she got disowned.

 

Kyungsoo looked at the list of things they needed to buy, from their bathroom necessities, to household aerosols, to food—lots and lots of food—that also included most of Hyeri’s pregnancy cravings. They were getting used to it by now. The guys didn’t have to take care of that, really, considering that Sehun had told them that he’s going to handle this on his own. The maknae even got their own place already but Suho and Kris suggested to not leave Sehun alone in this because he’s still you and he still needs to be guided.

 

Just like Hyeri, Sehun’s parents did not like the news very much especially because Mr. and Mrs. Oh knew that Sehun was in a strong relationship with Haerin—which apparently was not that strong—according to Mr. Oh. But they did not really disown him. As parents they did understand that it must be hard for their son but they had to let him take care of this on his own, so they do send him the money he needs for him, Hyeri and their baby. Nothing much changed in their plan, Sehun is still going to continue college and graduate and then get a job and make a living for his family. That was that.

 

“This is unfair,” Chanyeol spoke after stopping to a red light, “We did the grocery last time. Why are we assigned again today?” It was obvious that the tallest guy was annoyed.

 

“Suho hyung has to attend his training at his father’s office today. Jongin did not come home last night and there’s no one in M to do it too,” Baekhyun said.

 

“What about Sehun? Can’t he go grocery shopping? He was the one assigned to drive you today, wasn’t he?” Chanyeol argued.

 

“Hyeri had another emotional break down yesterday. It’s bad for the baby so he took care of her all night,” Kyungsoo replied.

 

Chanyeol scoffed and made a face, “Emotional break down my . I’m about to have mental breakdown from all this duties added to our shoulders,” They knew he was just pissed at the moment, but he wasn’t really mad at them or anything.

 

“Look, Sehun’s being the best man he could be right now and it might not be enough but spare the kid. I mean I don’t really like going grocery shopping for everyone else too and taking part on the situation that Sehun got himself into but we can’t just leave him behind, now can we?” Baekhyun rarely ever sounded serious. This is one of those moments. Among the guys, he was one of the few ones who understood Sehun’s situation. Chanyeol does too, but maybe not as much as the other members.

 

“We don’t know how hard it is for him to just wake up with the news that he’s suddenly a father and now he’s even taking care of Hyeri like a husband should,” Kyungsoo added as Chanyeol hit the pedal when the light went green, “Minus the love part though,” The younger one added.

 

The three were one of the guys who witnessed how Sehun’s been patient with Hyeri. Since Haerin left, the first four weeks were torture to them because their maknae wouldn’t even do a thing other than chug on bottles of beers and lock himself in his room. But one day he just went out like his perspective about the situation changed. He helped around the house, which they all found odd because they could’ve sworn Sehun had never held a broom in his hands before. And then he started taking care of Hyeri, running out even at the latest time of the night just to find that one fruit she’s craving for. Sehun checks on her the first thing in the morning and see if she’s doing okay. He stays up late at night until Hyeri could find herself a comfortable sleep and sometimes he stays up way too late when Hyeri gets too emotional causing her breakdown. Sehun doesn’t sleep until he’s sure that Hyeri is okay…that the baby in her womb is okay. He’s actually almost close to spoiling her needs and wants but if there’s one thing that Sehun still haven’t given her…it’s the love that Sehun always gave to Haerin and is still giving to her though she wasn’t around anymore.

 

They admit they miss the girl. She wasn’t just Sehun’s girlfriend. She was family. She was like their sister who would act like a noona to them when exams are coming up and they protect her like a dongsaeng when times in need. It broke them too when she left because there was no decent goodbye but heck, what did they expect? The young girl was too broken to even face them before leaving, there was really a low chance of getting a proper goodbye. And somewhere in the middle of missing her, just like their maknae, they all wonder if she’s doing okay, where she could be, what she could be doing and if she still thinks about them…if she still thinks about Sehun. But there was no use in wondering because they knew those questions won’t be answered, so they just prayed and hoped that wherever she is, she should be doing fine.

 

They got to the shopping mart just right in time—according to Kyungsoo’s day planner—and they even have a few minutes to spare to look for a parking space. Kyungsoo hates it when his day plans are ruined because he keeps track of everything in the right time. Right now they have ten minutes free for Chanyeol to roam around and look for a parking space, which has always been the beagle’s struggle because many people came there to shop at this time of the day.

 

“Can someone just tell Suho hyung to buy our own shopping mart so we don’t have to struggle looking for parking spaces?” Baekhyun added as the three turned heads in different directions, trying to eye for a spot, “Oh! Oh! There!” He exclaimed pointing at an empty parking space.

 

“Bingo,” Chanyeol grinned and parked the car in peace. He switched off the ignition and pulled the keys right out. All three of them went down the car and walked to the market. Catching their attention was a couple walking ahead of them who were happily talking until they heard a familiar laugh coming from a girl. They exchanged looks and then eyed at the couple again but this time, paying more attention to the girl.

 

“Did you just snort?” The guy who had an artfully messy hairdo laughed at the girl as the three guys behind started to eavesdrop at their conversation.

 

The girl slapped the guy’s arm, “Quit teasing me when I do that! You know it’s a thing,”

 

Hearing her voice, the three stopped their tracks and watched the couple walk towards the entrance of the shopping mart. Gaping with wide eyes, they exchanged looks.

 

“That- she’s- could it be-”

 

“No. There’s no way,” Kyungsoo then said as the two beagles exchanged looks, “She’s out of the country, remember? Besides, an awful lot of girls do snort when they laugh,”

 

“Good point,” Baekhyun nodded and then closed Chanyeol’s mouth that was hanging open.

 

So the three of them went inside the shopping mart. Kyungsoo took a cart and dragged it forward while the two beagles followed behind him. If Kyungsoo was a bit taller, and a bit more older-looking, he could’ve been mistaken as the father of the two noisy guys behind him fighting over what to get—a jar of Nutella or a jar of Peanut butter. In the end, Kyungsoo said they could get both just so they could shut the hell up. Going around the mart, the cart was already full and they’ve only reached half of what’s on the list.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter