Chapter 02

Bend or Break [2014 ver.]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER 02:

OH SE-SWEET-HUN

 

Sehun

 

It was 10 in the evening, Friday when the lads and I were heading from watching a movie. It’s been quite some time since we got to hang out as the 12 of us because everyone was busy with school and work. Suho hyung and Kris hyung were both attending work five hours a day as trainees under their family company and attend their senior classes in campus after work. Luhan hyung, Lay hyung and Xiumin hyung were too busy looking for a part time job while the beagle line—Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Jongdae—along with Kyungsoo hyung were too busy working on their thesis paper. So basically the maknae line—Jongin, Tao and I—were the only ones who gets to slack off in campus.

 

 Jongin initiated to go for a drink but Kris hyung said we can’t because we have finals week coming up so the maknae line should be studying and everyone else is supposed to finish their thesis before its due date. I did not protest about not going for a drink at all. I’m pretty sure Haerin wouldn’t tolerate it if I tried to get hammered again. It’s only been a week since I threw up on her favorite shirt (which I will replace soon but I can’t seem to find the exact same design ugh) so I don’t think she’d appreciate it if I drink again.

 

“Bacon here was totally copying my thesis on world literature,” Chanyeol hyung said as we all got to the apartment building, laughing at Baekhyun hyung for scowling at Chanyeol.

 

“For the record I did not continue copying your work because it was all wrong,” Baekhyun hyung said as he stuck a tongue out at Chanyeol.

 

“So that’s why you were asking for Jongdae’s paper instead,” Lay hyung suddenly added as Jongdae hyung whipped his head around to look at Baekhyun hyung who only held up a peace sign at him, sheepishly.

 

We got up to the second floor and M decided to stay at the dorm for a while maybe until some of us actually gets tired, which would probably take some time. Most of us get a little hyped up when we’re complete. We can talk and tease each other until we fall asleep because we barely get to hang out anymore. Suho hyung took out his key, as we all noisily talked in the hall, not really minding about the other residences.

 

“Alright, we’re home,” Suho hyung announced as he pushed the door open and pulled the keys out of the keyhole before letting all of us in. We continue conversing, laughing at Tao for being constantly mocked by Baekhyun hyung, “Sssh, keep it low,” Suho hyung suddenly shushed us as he lifted an index finger and pressed it against his lips.

 

“Wow,” Chanyeol hyung said as we all eyed at the scattered paper on the living room, a pile of books open on the center table and my sleeping girlfriend on the couch. She was wearing my favorite sweatshirt and shorts as she hugged her Philosophy book.

 

“Looks like there’s no boys night tonight,” I heard Jongin pout with a hint of disappointment in his tone.

 

“We should actually rest up too you know. It’s going to be some weekend for us,” Luhan hyung said as I walked to the couch and gently took the Philosophy book my girlfriend was hugging, “Sehunnie, we’ll be going ahead now,” Luhan hyung said as I looked back and M waved a hand at me. I lifted a hand and bid goodnight as well.

 

“We’ll rest up too Sehun, good night,” Suho hyung said as I nodded and they all greeted me good night before they went to their rooms.

 

I placed the book on the table and gently carried Haerin to her room. I tucked her in to bed and went back outside to fix her stuff. Just when I was picking up some scratch paper, something caught my eye. A note. They were poorly handwritten but somehow the penmanship kind of gave me a vibe that it’s a girl’s handwriting, with all the curves and stuff. It wasn’t Haerin’s though. Her handwriting is pretty neat, unlike this one.

 

                                                 Haerin,

                                                             You are really lucky to have Oh Sehun. But one day he’s going to be mine.

 

That wasn’t the last of it though. There were more notes with the same handwriting and the threats were basically the same—it’s all about getting me—stealing me—from her. I sighed as I looked at the countless notes in hand. They just won’t stop sending her like this huh? If I know, Seul Mi had something to do with this. I sighed in frustration. Why did Haerin not tell me she was getting these letters? For how long has she been getting them?

 

I crumpled all of it and tossed it on the trash bin as I walked back to the living room and continued to fix her stuff. After putting the books in a neat pile I carried them back inside the room and placed it on top of her desk. I went back to get her papers and settled them on the desk too, beside her books.

 

I changed my clothes and slipped in my pajama pants comfortably. I walked to my side of the bed and occupied the space next to her. Now this feels beyond right. Her back was to me so I scooted closer to her as I gently lifted her head to let it rest on my arm. Meanwhile, my other arm hugged her stomach as I planted a soft kiss behind her head. She shifted lightly as I smile at her sleeping figure and drifted to sleep.

 

 

 

 

I tapped the space beside me, empty. My brows furrowed as I groaned lightly and opened my eyes. There was dim light coming from the other side of the room. I turned my head only to see my girlfriend sitting down on the chair, reading as the small reading lamp cascaded light onto her desk. I looked at the wall clock and it says 2:30 AM. How long was she awake?

 

I stood up and she didn’t seem to recognize me. Walking silently behind her, I suddenly wrapped my arms around her causing her to gasp and jump in shock. I chuckled and kissed her cheek.

 

“Dammit Sehun, you’re going to give me a heart attack!” She whispered loudly as she took a deep breath.

 

“Sorry,” I muttered, nuzzling on the crook of her neck, “Babe it’s two in the morning, will you go back to bed and get some rest please?” I mumbled as I softly kissed her neck, making her chuckle as she tilt her head to stop my lips from making contact with her skin.

 

“I can’t. I have two more chapters to read for my finals later,” She said, turning to me and our eyes meet. My eyes bore into her brown orbs, she has the loveliest eyes ever. I leaned forward and our nose brushed lightly before I pressed my lips onto hers. I kissed her long and hard, savoring the softness of her plump lips. She then started to kiss back and I used my arm to pull her body up as she crashed onto my chest. Heat radiated through our bodies as she s her arms around my neck and I placed my arms around her waist. Nibbling on her lower lip, I pried open as my wet muscle was granted entrance to explore , deepening the kiss. I was so hungry for her. I want her now. But I know we won’t go there because I know she’s not ready to do it—at least not now—and I respect that.

 

For two years, I’ve managed to settle for hardcore make-out sessions with her, strictly no . The first time we made out, I thought we were going to go all the way but that’s when I found out she wasn’t ready. She quickly tensed up the moment I unclasped her brassier so since then, I never did it again. Yes, I’ve never seen her fully under dressed before. She cries over it sometimes, thinking that I must’ve been pissed or disappointed that she’s always not up for it whenever we made out but really, I was not. I love her so much that I’d stick around until she’s ready. The last thing I wanted to do was force her into doing something she’s not ready to.

 

And because of that, her best friend Hyeri even got more annoyed at me. She keeps saying that I’m probably hooking up with random girls just to get laid. Which is not true. Sometimes I really want to throw a fit at her for corrupting my girlfriend’s mind. Knowing Haerin, she isn’t really confident about herself (which I don’t understand because she’s the most beautiful girl to me) and she tends to keep her insecurities close to her causing her to doubt herself and tell herself that she isn’t good enough (which is why I do everything that I can to prove her wrong about these things) and with Hyeri talking about me, saying that I go around sleeping with other girls because Haerin can’t give herself to me is not helping my girlfriend overcome this.

 

I love her way too much.

 

I felt Haerin’s hand on my chest, pulling away from me gently after one last soft kiss. She looked up at me and smiled. I could only look back at her and kiss her forehead as she chuckled.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter