Chapter 01

Bend or Break [2014 ver.]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 01:

THE START

Sehun

 

I woke up with quite a throbbing headache, like a hammer pounding my head every three seconds. Hurts like hell. Why is my head hurting so much? . I groaned as I tapped the empty space beside me. Opening my eyes I wasn’t pleased that my girlfriend was no longer in bed with me. I hated waking up without her beside me. Maybe because I’ve become so used to having her snuggling on my chest every morning and giving me a good morning peck on the cheek.

 

I could hear the other lads blab outside of the room as I look up at the wall clock hanging just above my girlfriend’s cabinet. 9:30 AM. . I missed my 8 AM class. I sighed as I sat up and rested my head on both hands to shake off the bad hangover. Note to self—never ever say yes to Tao the next time he asks for some company to go to the library. That bastard told me he needed help getting some books and for some reasons we ended up in a bar and I ended up drinking more bottles of beer than I usually could. Damn it, I hope I didn’t throw up last night and gave my girlfriend a hard time. I’m so screwed if I did.

 

I got up from bed and walked out of my girlfriend’s room—well it’s our room since I basically sleep with her almost every night, except when she has finals because apparently my handsomeness is considered as one big hell of a distraction for her so I get pushed away. Everyone was having their breakfast but I don’t see any girl around, just the guys—some EXO-M members—Luhan, Lay and Jongdae hyung—are even here and my girlfriend isn’t?

 

EXO-M’s dorm is across the hall so they usually come here for food or when it’s boys’ night. There was one member missing though—Tao—that bastard who lied about library and when he actually just wanted to drink. I don’t remember much about what happened last night but I was sure that he was talking about this girl in his Biology class and that he wants to get in her pants so bad but the girl is just too hard to please, according to him. Kris hyung wasn’t around too, he’s probably taking care of the kung fu panda in their dorm.

 

“Oh look who’s awake now,” Baekhyun hyung started off and soon enough I know I’m going to get teased for being drunk.

 

“You and Tao are so screwed,” Lay hyung added from the living room, enjoying his bowl of cereal and some kiddie show on TV.

 

“Has anyone seen Haerin?” I asked as I walked to the kitchen island and sat on the stool to join them.

 

“She went to class with Hyeri already,” Suho hyung answered as he lifted his cup of tea and closed the book he was reading. He gave me a look and I immediately averted my gaze for I know that I’m going to get another lesson from him, probably because of last night.

 

“Sehun, what you did last night was so irresponsible,” And so the lesson from Kim Joonmyeon starts right now.

 

“I don’t even remember what happened after getting so drunk,” I mumbled as I took a pancake and started chewing on it.

 

I received a slap at the back of my head as I winced. It was Kyungsoo hyung who scowled at me, “Get a plate!” He reprimanded.

 

Oh right. He’s the house freak around. Kyungsoo hyung hates it when I eat pancakes or even a sandwich without putting it on a plate. He’s actually one of the happiest when my girlfriend, Haerin, moved in with us because since then someone actually helped him around with the maintenance of the house and someone to reprimand us when no one would listen to Kyungsoo hyung or skip chores.

 

“So you mean you don’t remember throwing up at your own girlfriend’s face last night?” Jongdae hyung’s statement caused me to stop chewing and look at him in pure shock. I did what?!

 

“I threw up on her face?!”

 

“I think you were trying to kiss her when she was helping you take off your shirt and then you ended up throwing up at her face,” Chanyeol hyung said by explanation as the other M members chuckled at me. Holy .

 

“How do you even know that?!” I exclaimed. These guys are probably just playing with me. I am the maknae after all and being the youngest here I always get teased and mocked.

 

“You were so drunk she can’t carry you all the way to her room. We helped her of course,” Suho hyung said and because it already came from him, there’s no denying that what the guys are saying is true. Suho hyung wouldn’t let them play around me for long therefor everything they’re telling is nothing but the truth.

 

“It was really gross man,” Jongin said as he patted my shoulder, “Seeing it and everything is just ew,”

 

“You’re so screwed. She’s also mad at you in case you don’t remember,” Baekhyun hyung added as I sighed and scratched the back of my head.

 

“Yeah, she was really pissed. I mean it’s one thing to get drunk but throwing up on her face is just really gross, you know,” Luhan hyung added coming from the living room and went to the fridge to get a glass of milk.

 

She is not going to forgive me that easily. Wait, actually she will forgive me easily because she always does and it going to make me guiltier because she’s so nice to me even when I things up. I sighed in frustration as I checked my phone and saw no message from her. There’s always a message from her every morning when she needs to leave first but now there’s none. I think she’s really mad at me.

 

“Stop lying guys,” Suho hyung said as the other guys cracked a laugh and I glared at them.

 

“So you mean she isn’t mad?” I asked, hopeful.

 

“I don’t think mad is the right term. She was disappointed that you lied to her. You told her that you were going to go to the library with Tao and get back soon but instead you went home late and drunk,” Suho hyung said.

 

you, Tao.

 

“Hyeri actually advised Haerin to break up with you after what happened last night. I mean you know how girls are—lying is such a big of a deal for them,” Jongin said as I sighed. I didn’t want my girlfriend to think that I’m lying to her. I’m faithful to her. I hope that just because some ually frustrated panda tricked me into going to the library would make her lessen her trust on me. I’m going to punch Tao in the face if that happens.

 

“It was Tao’s idea okay? I thought I was going to the library too but that stupid panda dragged me to the bar!” I exclaimed, defending myself as I heard Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Jongdae hyung click their tongues to mock me some more. I only let out a groan and stood up from my chair as I walked back to the room.

 

“If she breaks up with you can I court her?” Baekhyun hyung teased and immediately I raised up my middle finger as I continued to walk away. I heard them laugh before I completely close the door and sit at the end of the bed.

 

To: My Haerin

 

I’m really sorry about last night baby…

 

Sent. I sighed and tossed my phone on the bed and decided to prepare for my class later. Hopefully I get to see Haerin too so I could make it up to her. Ugh. It’s going to be so embarrassing when I see her knowing that I threw up on her face. I ing threw up on my girlfriend’s face. That is not and will never be okay.

 

 

Haerin

 

“Girl if I were you I’d break up with him,” I chuckled as Hyeri fully expressed her statement with a pissed facial expression. She’s been scolding me and telling me to go break up with my boyfriend since this morning.

 

“I mean come on just because he’s the campus kingka and every girl wants him doesn’t mean he can lie to you and trick you behind your back so confidently. And the library excuse was so last century, he could’ve thought of a different excuse! Who knows, he might have met up with some girls last night with Tao! I mean, he’s with Tao, if Tao’s there, it’s impossible no girl was involved.” She scoffed only making me uncomfortable inside. I hate it when people say things that make me waver my feelings. No. Sehun wouldn’t cheat on me. We’ve been together for two years now—I know him too well.

 

I wouldn’t deny the fact that I was disappointed that he told me he was going to the library with Tao but instead they went to a bar and went home late and drunk. But I wouldn’t accuse him of cheating. Maybe he just wanted a drink but he didn’t want to tell me because he knew I’d worry so much. I couldn’t blame him.

 

I took my books from my locker and Hyeri leaned on the side to continue blabbing about how my boyfriend is having another girl and it just gets a little funnier every second. I was confident that Sehun isn’t cheating. He’s always been faithful to me.

 

“I’m pretty sure he isn’t cheating on me, Hyeri,” I said, closing my locker as Hyeri rolled her eyes and sighed. She always hated Sehun for some reason. Ever since we started going out, Hyeri never gave him a chance to get to know him and sometimes it bothers me because she tends to go overboard about it and say things about Sehun that would hurt me too but I can’t force my best friend to be friends with my boyfriend if she doesn’t really want to.

 

“Whatever you say,” And we continued walking to class.

 

As we walked to our second class, I could feel pairs of eyes at us—well me—as we go on. I guess the campus still hasn’t recovered that much that one of their campus kingka is my boyfriend. I was nobody before Sehun happened. We were worlds apart in school. Everyone knew him and every girl admired him. I wouldn’t deny it—my boyfriend is definitely handsome and hot. But there’s so much more than just his handsomeness and hotness. He was so down to earth though sometimes he’d be cocky and rude to those who deserve it. Sehun and I had one class together and that’s the reason we both knew each other. There was an assigned project and my lab partner who is supposed to be my project partner happened to drop out of school and Sehun was late so we got assigned together instead.

 

I’ll admit, I had a little crush on him but I never really expressed it until later because I was still intimidated by him and his popularity. I was scared to talk to him out of class because I knew I am most likely to get killed by his admirers if I do. But Sehun was the one who approached me and then we became friends and then he asked me to have bubble tea with him after school and everything followed—we constantly went out though none of those hangouts were declared as dates, we eventually started getting closer, skinship happened and after three months he asked me if I could be his girlfriend and I swear everything was so surreal at that time. But who was I to reject him? I was head over heels in love with him too.

 

Sometimes I find it hard to believe too—why would Sehun go for me when there are far more beautiful girls out there? Someone who looks as good as him, someone who is confident about themselves and, someone who belongs to his world. Everyone else thought that he should be dating the campus queenka—Seul Mi—because she’s perfect. Well she looks really beautiful and she’s hot but her personality is not even close to being as pretty as her outer look. Seul Mi really hated me especially when Sehun and I started going out and she hated me even more when word got out that we’re officially together. The only reason why she stopped torturing me was because Sehun told her off and pretty much everyone who wanted to hurt me after knowing that I am his girlfriend. They didn’t do anything that would harm me physically but they would still often call me names and tease me when Sehun’s not around.

 

“By the way, I can’t go later to see our place. I have this stupid programming project to finish,” Hyeri said as she sighed in frustration.

 

“It’s okay. I can go by myself,” I smiled.

 

H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter