Chapter 28

Bend or Break [2014 ver.]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER 28: LAST DATE

 

Haerin

 

I walked, blindfolded. Sehun wrapped a protective arm around my waist as he guided me to walk. He told me he has a surprise for me and I literally have no idea what it is. I didn’t even expect him to plan a surprise from me. He just got out of the hospital about a week ago and though he has recovered a little, I still didn’t expect him to even have the time to plan out something.

 

“Sehun where are we?” I said, clasping his hand tight, afraid that I might trip in the middle of walking. I heard him chuckle and felt his soft lips press on top of my head. I smiled and shook my head, “You’re never going to tell me, huh?” He didn’t answer.

 

We walked some more until he told me to stop. I itched to take off the blindfold off of my eyes and see whatever his surprise is. I felt Sehun’s presence close behind me. His fingers fidgeted on the knot of my blindfold at the back of my head and finally took off the cloth that was covering my sight.

 

“Surprise!” They yelled as pieces of colored confetti exploded onto the air. Everyone was there, the lads, some of my classmates, a lot of their friends and some people I don’t even recognize that much. The room was filled of people. I smiled widely at them until I felt Sehun hug my middle and rest his chin on my shoulder.

 

“Surprise,” He muttered and kissed my cheek. I felt my cheeks heat up, blushing as I smiled. Suddenly, the lads ran to us, leaving the rest to go get their food from the buffet tables.

 

“Hey, hey, hey!” Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Chen exclaimed.

 

“What do you think, Haerin? Not bad for a farewell party, huh?” Farewell party. My smile faded a little, hearing what Tao had said. I smiled small at them, showing them that their efforts weren’t wasted because I do appreciate it but I don’t want to bid farewell just yet. Jongin hit Tao’s stomach as Kris hit the back of Tao’s head.

 

“Ouch! What the hell was that for?!” Tao winced.

 

I chuckled and shook my head, “The party looks good, Tao.” I smiled.

 

“See, she loved it.” Tao proudly stated as he crossed his arms and stuck his tongue out on them.

 

Sehun pulled away and excused himself after telling me to stay with the lads for a while. I did as told and talked to the rest of them. We went around and talked to the other guests. I did expect some of them to know me, considering that I was their kingka’s girlfriend after all, but still, the thought of having this many people recognize me, is a bit odd. They called me by my name and I feel bad that I don’t even know who they are. The lads went around flirting with other girls and I was left standing beside the buffet table with a red cup on my hand, filled with cocktail.

“Haerin,” I ly to find Seul Mi. My eyes circled widely for a moment. Seul Mi had not talked to me since the day Sehun warned her and pretty much everyone not to harm me. Some things have not changed. She still had her long, wavy brown hair, her alluring goddess-like features and the three other girls behind her.

 

“Hi,” I smiled small, “I didn’t expect to see you here,”

 

She just smiled warmly at me, “So, I heard you’re studying in New York?”

 

“Um, yeah. Columbia,” I answered with a nod.

 

“And you’ll be leaving Sehun behind?” She asked.

 

“Only for a year,” I added as I observed the look on her face. Her eyes looked happy for a while so I decided to break the ice, “And then he’s going to fly to New York and we’ll be staying there for good,” And just like that her eyes fell disappointed.

 

She it up, “Oh,”

 

“Yup,” I said with a smile.

 

“Well in that case, I’m happy for you,” I nearly scoffed but I smiled at her, “I always thought you wouldn’t last a week being Sehun’s girlfriend but I guess I was wrong. Even after all the torture and the dirty looks, you survived. Congratulations. You really do love him,”

 

“I always thought the same way too, but I guess we’re both wrong,” I smiled at her and let my eyes surf the crowd to look for my boyfriend. I saw him from a distance talking to some people at the other side of the place, “I love that guy too much,” I added before looking back at Seul Mi.

 

“Well,” She took a deep breath and then offered a hand for me to shake, “Good luck to you and Sehun. I hope you two would remain happy and I mean it,” She smiled. It felt like a huge weight in my heart got lifted. I shook her hand and thanked her.

 

She excused herself and I was alone again but not for long. When I turned back to look at Sehun, he was already making his way towards me. And suddenly, it felt like my world went on a complete slow motion. The way he beautifully stride towards me, his perfect hair, his perfect eyes, those sweet perfect lips, the entirety of that beautiful guy, just makes it so hard for me to believe that he’s mine and I am his.

 

He finally got to me, “Hi,” I said and he automatically wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me close as he placed a soft kiss on my head.

 

“You okay baby?” He asked as I looked up at him, quite confused, “Someone saw Seul Mi talk to you. Did she do anything?” His worried brown orbs looked at mine.

 

I chuckled, “Yeah, she talked to me and then shook my hand and told me she’s happy for us,”

 

“Oh,” Relief washed over his face, “That’s good then,”

“Hello?” We both ly to find Chanyeol standing on the platform and talking on the microphone. Everyone’s attention shifted on to him as the music continued to die down. I looked at Sehun who kept his eyes locked on his hyung, “So, everyone knows that this party is for none other than our beloved Sun Haerin,” He said as his eyes surfed the crowd, looking for me.

 

“Over here!” Sehun raised a hand up and everyone turned to me as I smiled.

 

“Ah, there she is,” Chanyeol spoke again, “Well our beloved Sun Haerin is sadly going to study overseas and would be leaving us for a while,” He added as I saw some of the lads tease me by fake crying by the platform.

 

“But we,” Chanyeol spoke as he looked back at his other members, “Are happy for her and we wish her nothing but the best in her new adventure in life. Now, she might think we’re all being mushy but we did prepare short speeches to say, so everyone, Sun Haerin, I hope you’ll listen carefully,” He said and finally signaled for Xiumin to walk forward.

 

“Hello, everyone. Hello, Haerin,” He waved at me from a distance, “What Chanyeol said was true—this is mushy—but we’re all happy for you. You’ll be a thousand miles away from us, but we will always have your back, no matter what. You can always count on us. You’re not just Sehun’s girlfriend, we’ve always considered you like our little sister. So please, don’t hesitate to run to us, your oppa’s, when you feel homesick or tired or anything for that matter. We wish you the best. Hwaiting!” He said and bowed. I chuckled at him, looking like a kid as he got back to his place.

 

Next to step forward was Luhan who had a piece of paper in his hand, “Haerin,” He started.

 

“I just want to let you know that I will never ever forgive you for telling me that I am not manly enough when I actually am,” And the crowd started to laugh as I shook my head and chuckled, “How could you think that I’m not manly enough when I took care of you like how a man takes care of her dongsaeng?”

 

“The speech is supposed to be your farewell message, hyung. Not about your so-called manliness,” Tao spoke behind him, causing everyone to laugh.

 

“Alright, in all seriousness now. Haerin, it would be sad for us to see you go because you’re a part of our family now and we truly care for you like a sister. But we are very proud of you, knowing that you are now going on a different path, independently. Please take care of yourself because we won’t be there to save your when a bully comes up to you. Pleas

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter