Chapter 13

Bend or Break [2014 ver.]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER 13: THE TRUTH

 

Haerin

 

It’s been three weeks now. And so far everything is going fairly okay. The guys were being weird around me, no one seemed to be making jokes or fun of me—which I don’t know if I should consider a bad thing or a good thing—and they were all being incredibly too nice which is sort of new. I had no idea what happened between them but something told me that there was something wrong. The guys always fall quiet whenever Sehun and I join them and they actually get awkward around each other. It was weird how the guys were completely normal around me when it’s just me but things are different when Sehun is there. I tried to ask but Sehun told me he’d rather not talk about it now.

 

Meanwhile, Sehun and I are back to normal. He’s really making up for everything and I should know because I could see all his efforts. He took me to a nice candle light dinner at the rooftop and he got some people to set it up for him. It wasn’t anything too fancy but it was nice. The next day he sent me a bouquet of flowers after my classes ended, congratulating me for finishing another semester. And just a few days back he was planning this trip that only the two of us would go to. Well, it’s summer after all and Sehun has big plans.

 

On the other hand, Hyeri isn’t back yet and Jongin has been missing for a week. Tao got a hold of him and he told everyone that Jongin’s fine and that he’s staying over at a friend’s house or something. I knew it was because of Sehun and their recent fight. Speaking of that day, I have never heard of this ‘Hee Young’ again. I still wonder who that person is and what is she to Jongin. I didn’t bother asking Sehun because if anyone should answer my questions about Hee Young, surely it should be Jongin.

 

Hee Young. Maybe it’s his ex girlfriend?

 

Breaking away from my thoughts, my phone started buzzing as it vibrated on the dining table. I closed the magazine that I almost forgot I was reading and took my phone.

 

Mom calling…

 

“Uh, guys, can you keep it low for a moment?” I turned back to the guys who were watching the football game on TV and Tao stole the remote but Suho got a hold of it and kept the volume down, “Thank you,” I smiled at them.

 

“Hey mom,” I answered.

 

“Haerin!” She squealed as I put the phone away from my ears, “Your uncle Leo and I are planning to go on a world tour!”

 

“Really? He’s finally making it happen?” I asked, arching a brow. It’s been years since my mom’s husband—Uncle Leo—promised to take her on a world tour and she looks forward to it all the time, “That’s good then. For how long are you two going?”

 

“Well…that’s why I called. You see, we haven’t really figured how long.”

 

“Let me guess…you’re postponing my visitation,” I sighed and she got all quiet. Of course she’s postponing it.

 

“You and Sehun can come over next summer.”

 

“Mom!” I whined and instantly gained attention from the guys. I sheepishly smiled at them and excused myself as I went out of the dorm and decided to stay in the hallway instead, “Sehun and I were meaning to go there to tell you something personally. You can’t just postpone it!”

 

“What is it that you wanted to tell me that you can’t say over the phone?” Mom sounded frustrated and for a moment it was quiet until she gasped, “Oh my goodness! You’re not pregnant are you?!” She exclaimed as my eyes widened. She started crying and yelling at how ‘irresponsible’ it is and how ‘immature’ I was.

 

“No! It’s not that mom!” I exclaimed and she paused immediately, “How dare you even think that I’d be irresponsible enough to do that?”

 

“Well you and Sehun have been living together for over a year now and you’ve been dating that guy for so long so I figured that maybe you two have-”

 

“Mom.” I cut her off in a stern tone, “Let’s not even talk about that,” I sighed.

 

“Alright. Fine. I just called anyway to tell you about the trip and to reschedule your visitation. Leo and I won’t be around for quite a time so if you need anything, you should try calling your dad,” And my face cringed at her statement.

 

“You want me to call dad?” I arched a brow.

 

“Haerin, your dad is still your father. Don’t throw him off the grid. The last time we talked he told me that he’s been trying to reach you but you were always too busy to talk.”

 

“Well I was. And besides, you know how things get awkward when we talk. We aren’t just as close as you and I. So I don’t want to put him in awkward situations where I answer his calls and then let him talk fatherly to me…it’s kind of…weird.” I sighed as I ran a hand through my hair. The last time my dad and I talked, I was all quiet and he was all serious. He kept asking me about college and where do I plan to get a job. Sometimes he’d ask about my relationship with Sehun and if things were serious between us and it just gets more awkward from there.

 

“Well now that it’s summer maybe you and your dad could start talking more. Just give it a try Haerin. I’m pretty sure your dad is willing too,”

 

“I’m not promising anything. But I’ll try.” I smiled faintly and I heard her chuckle at the other end of the line.

 

“Good. Well, that’s all I wanted to hear. I miss you so much darling. I’ll call you again soon, okay? I love you.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter