Chapter 03

Bend or Break [2014 ver.]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 03:

THE SHOTGUN PROPOSAL

Sehun

 

All of us were now sitting in the living room, hogging all the space possible. Some were even seated on the floor. It was a good thing I always have to sit next to my girlfriend and being the only girl, of course none of us would dare make her sit on the floor. I had an arm around her as she sat between Suho hyung and I.

 

“So whatever is this so called meeting for Haerin?” Tao asked, quite displeased because he was supposed to go out with some of his classmates to party but Kris asked him to stay for Haerin.

 

“You guys got invited to a birthday party,” She announced as she placed an invitation on the center table. Before Suho hyung could take it, Jongin already snatched it from the table and shared it with Tao.

 

“Song Jinri’s A Night of Sirens,” Jongin read as we focus our attention to him, “You are cordially invited to my birthday party this coming Saturday. No plus ones. For RSVP please call the numbers below. See you there.” He read as Suho hyung snatched the invitation from his hands.

 

“No plus ones? Too bad there’s twelve of us and only one invitation,” Lay hyung added making everyone in the room shot him a look. Sometimes he’s higher than people who actually do drugs and like that.

 

“Kid’s got a point,” Kris said as the latter shrugged and did not mind at all, “So are we going or not? Because I’m definitely not going,”

 

“But you guys should go. Don’t you think it’s going to be fun? Besides, it’s Song Jinri’s birthday. I’m pretty sure she doesn’t want you guys to miss it,” Haerin said and this is odd to me—that she’s trying to make us go. She barely convinces us to go to parties and most of the time, she actually asks us if we have exams coming up before letting us go.

 

“Babe none of us even knows the celebrant,” I said as she gave me a look, “I swear we don’t know her. I haven’t even heard of that name ‘til now,”

 

“Plus, a night of sirens? It sounds like one of those stupid ball parties,” Jongdae hyung scoffed.

 

“Yeah, it kind of sounds boring and ,” Tao added and got all of us nodding in agreement.

 

“Isn’t a siren one of those stuff that makes loud warning noises like in police cars and stuff?” Baekhyun hyung asked as we nodded in response and my girlfriend just sighed at them.

 

“She’s not referring to that kind of siren you dummy,” Haerin said as she rolled her eyes and released a breath, “She’s referring to the one in Greek mythology—Sirens—alluring women, the ones people call seductress, femme fatale—it basically means it’s a night of beautiful and head-to-toe gorgeous ladies, which you guys are invited to attend,” Her explanation suddenly got more than half of us gaping in awe.

 

“But since you guys aren’t willing to go,” She said taking the invitation from Suho hyung’s hand and pulled out her phone, “I’ll give them a call to say you guys aren’t-”

 

“We’ll go!” Everyone exclaimed in sync, even I. She just sighed and shook her head.

 

“Boys will be boys,” She said and then eyed at me. I quickly put my hand down and smiled at her sheepishly, “Don’t you have exams the week after that weekend?” She arched a brow. Of course I have exams and of course she’d rather have me studying than partying with a bunch of ‘alluring girls’ according to her choice of words.

 

“Oooh, someone’s grounded,” Jongin mocked.

 

“Don’t you have exams too, Jongin?” She arched a brow at him too as we all try to suppress our laughter and Jongin just gulped, thinking twice of nodding but he confessed after getting a reprimanding look from Haerin.

 

“Guess you two won’t be going. I’ll take pictures of the sirens for you,” Tao laughed, mocking us both.

 

“Oh please, the only pictures of sirens that you’re going to get are the ones attached on police cars,” Kris said making Tao glare at him from the distance, “You have exams too, Tao. So you’re not going as well.” And Tao’s face falls in disappointment as Jongin tried to pull off a pouty look at my girlfriend. I scowled at him for even trying to act so cute. Jongin, ing stop with the pouting because you’re not cute.

 

“Alright, if you three really want to go how about an advance review this week?” Suho hyung suggested as we all focused on him, “Haerin here can give you a hand with reviewing and stuff and if you pass her pre-exams, then you’re allowed to go,” The three of us groaned and I was the only one who got a glare. I pouted and kept my mouth shut.

 

“But hyung, she’s not going to give us easy questions!” Tao exclaimed, pointing at Haerin.

 

“Exactly,” Kris smirked.

 

“She’ll fail us on purpose,” Jongin scoffed.

 

“Well I don’t mind failing,” I said as everyone gave me a look. I leaned forward and rested my chin on her shoulder, “If I don’t get to go, Haerin and I are can just go watch a movie or something,” I grinned proudly as Haerin laughed at me and everyone’s attention shifted to her.

 

“Babe if you fail my exam you go back to your room and spend the weekend reviewing by yourself, silly,” She said with quite a happy tone, mocking me. Jongin and Tao laughed in the background as my face fall disappointed with her reply.

“Aww, Hunnie’s going to sleep in his wittle bed without his Haewin,” Baekhyun hyung teased with his baby voice as I mentally threw a knife at him and killed him about a billion times in my head.

 

“Alright, that’s settled then, you three got some reviewing to do if you want to go to that birthday party,” Suho hyung announced and everyone started to disperse, going back to what they were originally doing before this so called meeting was held. Meanwhile, I followed my girlfriend back to the room.

 

Haerin sat down on the bed and started texting. She was typing really fast and she was biting her lip, suppressing a smile. I arched a brow at her and continued to observe her as I stood across her with my arms crossed. Who the hell is this girl texting that got her this happy?

 

“Who’s that?” I asked, annoyed.

 

“Oh, this guy in my Advertising class,” She said, not even looking at me. Well that guy in your advertising class should be informed that you’re taken. I scowled at her for continuing this behavior, smiling and on her phone while texting that dude who won’t live to see the next sunrise if I find out he’s flirting with my girlfriend.

 

“Really what’s the his name?” I asked.

 

“Jiyoung. Shin Jiyoung,” Well that er is going to go first on my to-kill list.

 

“And what kind of messages are you getting from him that got you smiling like that?” She would probably know I’m pissed if she actually focused on the jealous me for a moment but she’s too busy reading that er’s text.

 

“He’s sending these really corny pickup lines. It’s too lame,” She started to laugh and was about to type a reply until I got full of it and snatched the phone from her hands, “Sehun!” She exclaimed as I lifted the phone up before she could reach it.

 

I looked up to read some messages as Haerin try to reach for her phone.

 

From: Shin Jiyoung

Do you have a band-aid? Because I scraped my knee, falling for you

 

there’s going to be no band-aid big enough for you when I scrape your face off.

 

From: Shin Jiyoung

My doctor says I’m lacking vitamin U

 

And the next thing you’re going to be lacking is a pair of eyes and new balls you dip.

 

From: Shin Jiyoung

No wonder the sky is grey today, all the blue is in your eyes

 

my girlfriend’s eyes aren’t blue, they’re brown you little prick.

 

From: Shin Jiyoung

Are you taken?

 

To: Shin Jiyoung

Yes. :P

 

From: Shin Jiyoung

I didn’t hear you say ‘happily’

 

Alright. This er is going to get killed. Haerin finally got her phone after pulling my arm down and I glared at her. I’m fuming. How could she just let this guy send her pickup lines that are lamer than Baekhyun hyung’s made up punch lines? Ugh.

 

“So you just let that dude hit on you like you’re ing single?” I said, glaring at her and she just took a step back and was almost going to crack a smile, “If you enjoy flirting so much why don’t you just go to him right now and exchange pick up lines in person and maybe exchange kisses too,” I said out of anger and her smile faded as her eyes shoot daggers at me. Within a second I took to account what I just said and quickly regret the words I expelled. I was about to say something but she beat me to it.

 

“Sorry. I won’t text him again,” She apologized and tossed her phone on the bed before leaving the room.

 

I sighed as I reached out to see her phone and back read their conversation. See what else this er is sending her besides lame pickup lines.

 

From: Shin Jiyoung

But what if she won’t like them?

 

To: Shin Jiyoung

She will! No matter how lame the pickup line is, girls still find it sweet! :)

 

From: Shin Jiyoung

You think I’ll get her to give me a yes if I shoot her some pickup lines?

 

To: Shin Jiyoung

Of course! :)

 

From: Shin Jiyoung

What if she thinks it’s like corny?

 

To: Shin Jiyoung

It’s alright. Hahaha. Sometimes the corny is okay because corny can be the sweetest sometimes. :)

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter