Chapter 05

Bend or Break [2014 ver.]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER 05: THE WRONG MOVE

 

Haerin

 

“I was her best friend before you became her boyfriend so move!”

 

All the yelling outside made me furrow my eyebrows as I dealt with the noise with closed eyes. My heard was throbbing painfully as I literally pressed a hand on my forehead. The noise outside didn’t fade down and I heard a lot of voices, shutting people up, trying to calm people down, stopping people from whatever and there were just too many of them talking one at a time. I groaned as I sat up, feeling a heavy pounding in my head due to shock. It was a bad idea to just suddenly sit up too fast without thinking. I examined the room and it was dark with just one lampshade on.

 

“Hyeri, why don’t I give you a short summary of what you did just in case you forgot, okay?! You nearly killed Haerin and that’s unforgivable! Now I don’t ing care if you met her first, get lost!” Sehun’s voice roared, shutting everyone up. My eyes widened as I realized what the hell was happening and what the hell happened earlier too. How long was I even out that I forgot all these things for a moment?

 

I pulled the duvet away and stood up. Rushing to the door, I almost stumbled because my head was still in such throbbing pain and it was dark. I opened the door that made everyone to turn their heads to me. The amount of people—all thirteen of them—plus me did not help my headache at all. Crowded small places aren’t my style whenever I was feeling sick. My hands were on either side of the doorframe and they all kept quiet, eyeing at me.

 

“Babe, what are you doing up? You should go get some rest, I’ll be right there with you, okay?” Sehun gently said as he faced me and he was obviously covering me from them, well her.

 

“No, I need to talk to Hyeri for a bit,” I said as Sehun’s jaw tensed and he looked at me with dismayed brown orbs.

 

“After what she’s done, you’re still going to talk to her?” Of course Sehun was not pleased. He is serious when it comes to my safety.

 

“Yes. So will you please kindly step aside and let me talk to her?” I said and he didn’t move so I had no choice but to push past him. I had no strength to push him off hardly though, thank god. I saw Hyeri and I couldn’t read the expression on her face. The other guys were also looking us, well me, bewildered.

 

“Do you guys mind giving us some space to talk?” I asked, eyeing at Suho who nodded in understanding. He instructed everyone to go to M’s dorm across the hall for a moment to give us some alone time. Sehun didn’t want to go with them but after I gave him a look, he groaned and glared at Hyeri before leaving us.

 

Now it was just the two of us left. We both sat down on the couch, silently and I was trying to contemplate what I was feeling. Am I still mad at her? Well one thing is for sure, I won’t hurt her no matter what I am feeling. What she did earlier was beyond shocking but it was just an accident, right? She did mean to push me away but she didn’t mean to push me off the grid to let me drown.

 

“You were meaning to talk to me?” I asked calmly, my tone wasn’t able to tell what I was feeling. It came out bluntly. I guess it’s because I wasn’t feeling too well but I had to deal with this. We’re best friends after all, we should be talking about this.

 

“I wanted to apologize for what happened earlier. I didn’t mean for you to fall. I guess I was just really upset that you’re engaged with Sehun,” And her apology took me back to the terrible things she said earlier before the incident happened. She might’ve not meant half of what she said but they still hurt and the fact that it came from her made it even twice as painful as it already is.

 

Now contemplating on what she said, I had no other better idea but to forgive her. She’s my only best friend. I’ve never really had a lot of friends before because I was a so-called freak during my elementary days and through high school. It’s only during college when this girl named Hyeri approached me and began being nice to me when every other girl hated me for interacting with Sehun. Though her words really did hurt, I choose to forgive. I just don’t know about forgetting it.

 

“It’s alright, Hyeri. I know you didn’t want it to happen too,” I smiled at her and she looked up at me, a little bewildered. I spread my arms open and she launched herself at me as we hugged. She cried on my shoulder as she muttered her apologies repeatedly and though I was getting teary eyed, the tears dared not to fall. I’m too drained to cry. I shushed her as I soothed her back to comfort her.

 

“Sehun’s really mad at me though. He wants me out of the place and far from you,” She sniffled as we pulled away from the hug. I wiped her face because I honestly think she’s too pretty to be crying. As her best friend, I never really liked seeing her cry or hurt. She rubbed her eyes and wiped her damped cheeks.

 

“He’s just saying that because he’s mad for now but he’ll eventually cool down,” I said with a warm smile at her.

 

“No, you didn’t see his face. It’s like he wanted to kill me. He is dead serious about kicking me out of the house. Like all that’s left to do is for him to grab my clothes and throw it out the door,” Hyeri said as her brows furrowed. She puts up an attitude towards Sehun to push his buttons and annoy him most of the time but like anyone, she was scared of him when he’s seriously mad. I think only Jongin, Suho, Kris and I are the only ones who can stand Sehun when he’s pissed as hell.

 

“I’ll talk to him, don’t worry. You’re not going to get kicked out, I promise you,” I reassured her and she nodded with a smile. We hugged again and she took me back to the room saying that I need to get more rest. She even promised me a kimchi stew for dinner, which I’ve always loved having when I’m ill.

 

 

 

 

“You what!” Sehun’s voice roared as he ran his fingers through his hair, frustrated. I sighed, still feeling weak about everything that happened today. I was sitting on the bed and he was up on the side, pacing back and forth.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter